GBP to THB Exchange Rate

I don't mean to make a meal out of this Naam but I honestly can't find a one cent drop of GBP against USD on the 19th, I beileved you when you said it happened but I simply can't see it on the look up screens I use. The reason this interests me is to better understand the reasons why it occured and I can no reason for that either, if indeed it did take place. So, at the risk of stiring your ire and without wanting to add any unecessary "yakety-yak", can you supply a screen shot of that one cent drop, please?

attachicon.gifgbp usd.jpg
Thanks, that's overbought, nothing more!

some people when proved wrong try to divert by presenting irrelevant rubbish.

reality does not care for "overbought" or "oversold". one cent drop is one cent drop. period!

p.s. in the meantime the "overbought" drop is 1.5 US-cents whistling.gif

Edited by Naam
  • Like 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't mean to make a meal out of this Naam but I honestly can't find a one cent drop of GBP against USD on the 19th, I beileved you when you said it happened but I simply can't see it on the look up screens I use. The reason this interests me is to better understand the reasons why it occured and I can no reason for that either, if indeed it did take place. So, at the risk of stiring your ire and without wanting to add any unecessary "yakety-yak", can you supply a screen shot of that one cent drop, please?

attachicon.gifgbp usd.jpg
Thanks, that's overbought, nothing more!

reality does not care for "overbought" or "oversold". one cent drop is one cent drop. period!

Indeed it is, the only question is whether it was a true drop caused by an external event, of which there is zero evidence anywhere on the planet (ours not yours), or whether it was a normal feature of every day common or garden variety, intra day trading where traders take profit or intervention is seen.

With all due respect me lud I submit it was very clearly the latter, unless learned councel can submit evidence to the contrary?

So let's get this back on track again. Experts at the golf club!, said the GBP would be at 53- this week. Well judging by Friday rate at 49.01 (BKB) that clearly is not going to happen. Reasons anyone?. My swift for this year is still on hold.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Reasons:

The US Fed has not anounced tapering to their QE program so that stregthened THB.

No bad news out of the UK, the market seems to be shruging off the tidbits of good news as mostly spin hence GBP appears flat - no significnat news/events.

Next big hurdle will be the October meeting of the Fed which could signal a reduction in QE but seems unlikely. If we make it past the October meeting unchanged the next one is Bens last one in December, before he hands over to an arch dove, market watchers view it as very unlikley that anything would happen then.

EDIT: I looked at the BOT foriegn reserves numbers which show up until 13 Sept, apart from the US 3.73 bill spent in August the reserves seem to be accumulating again. That suggests that BOT is not having to spend money to defend THB and that they are probably quite happy with THB being where it is - more recent updates since the 13th may change that picture but I doubt it.

EDIT II: evrything seems to hinge on QE and the US Fed. and GBP and USD could go either way based on what happens. If there's no tapering then that will be a sign for USD to remain weak, the opposite will be true if tapering is anounced - the combination of no tapering and no bad news from the UK could result in a much stronger Pound, a tapering anouncement along with one or two pieces of bad data re. the Pound could result in the exact opposite.

Edited by chiang mai

So..... the expert advice is.....it could go either way. OK.

Do you have a different view or indeed anything useful and constructive to add?

Actually, if you ask me what I think should happen, not that it necessarily will at this stage and not all at the same time:

The Fed will end their QE program and USD will strengthen as a result, the UK Pound will weaken on the back of fundamentals and the London housing market will pop. That will leave holders of USD with an attractive exchange rate against THB, GBP holders will suffer against a strong Baht and the Thai economy will improve as their key western export market gains strength.

So why will those things likely not happen as described, discuss! Alternatively, disengage brain entirely, sling in the occaisonal turd and have another Leo!

Edited by chiang mai

Experts at the golf club!

yawnnnn... saai.gif

Irony in short supply on planet Klingon.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dont you realize that nothing anyone says is right on planet Klingon ,only his word.

making generalising and unsubstantiated claims instead of presenting facts is the prerogative of gossipping old ladies coffee1.gif

I don't pretend to be an expert. London Housing market due to collapse- could be well overdue- I might consider buying in UK again if prices became more realistic.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Inner London prices have rarely been 'realistic' and then only in the rear-view mirror. You could be waiting a long time.

"Inner London prices have rarely been 'realistic' and then only in the rear-view mirror. You could be waiting a long time."

I was really only commenting on @Chiang mai's assumption that London prices were due to take a tumble--I'm not genuinely planning on buying back into UK property--been there, got out in time--but I appreciate the warning.

Well, i don't know about that,but--over the past approx. 10 days of waiting to transfer some funds the Pound has gone from around 50 THB then down at the end of last week to under 49--and now she's rising again--so, it's definitely going both ways. Procrastination, procrastination.

Well, i don't know about that,but--over the past approx. 10 days of waiting to transfer some funds the Pound has gone from around 50 THB then down at the end of last week to under 49--and now she's rising again--so, it's definitely going both ways. Procrastination, procrastination.

And you are waiting for, 70 perhaps, or maybe 30, do you have a target?

"Inner London prices have rarely been 'realistic' and then only in the rear-view mirror. You could be waiting a long time."

I was really only commenting on @Chiang mai's assumption that London prices were due to take a tumble--I'm not genuinely planning on buying back into UK property--been there, got out in time--but I appreciate the warning.

Some people have got a bee in their bonnet about London property prices. It sort of upsets their inner soul and sends them into a rage.

• Like 1

Go back and read again what was written and then reconsider/rewrite your comments, once your sight and comprehension has improved!

As much as i would like it to go up and up we all know it will go down aswell but i think it will be strong now for the forseeable future.. Thing are looking good back in Blighty and its going Tits up in Thailand

Go back and read again what was written and then reconsider/rewrite your comments, once your sight and comprehension has improved!

"the UK Pound will weaken on the back of fundamentals and the London housing market will pop."

And, I did see this bit--

"not that it necessarily will at this stage and not all at the same time:"

But, I wasn't implying it was imminent either.

Edited by haybilly

As much as i would like it to go up and up we all know it will go down aswell but i think it will be strong now for the forseeable future..

Succinct and to the point commentary from our resident financial expert in Buriram, now back to the studio for the weather! clap2.gif

As much as I would dearly love to stand on a chair and sing rule britannia I can't see how the Pound is going to get better any time soon. The banks have just started offering hight LTV loans again and it was this issue plus overly optomistic appraisals that put the governement in the defensive position it's in today, at some point interest rates will have to rise and two things will happen: a large segment of exisiting home owners will either go into negative equity or they will default, ultimately the piper has to be paid and the mortgage loan books of the banks will have to be held to account and that means bank failure/merger.closure. When those things have happened we can start to talk about a resilient Pound once again.

2 months ago you said this when it was 47.8 baht to the pound.. Its nearly 5% stronger and you where saying it was going to weaken.. I brought your old thread up just to remind you how wrong you are.. All ive said is the pound will remain strong and it is... wai2.gif

As much as I would dearly love to stand on a chair and sing rule britannia I can't see how the Pound is going to get better any time soon. The banks have just started offering hight LTV loans again and it was this issue plus overly optomistic appraisals that put the governement in the defensive position it's in today, at some point interest rates will have to rise and two things will happen: a large segment of exisiting home owners will either go into negative equity or they will default, ultimately the piper has to be paid and the mortgage loan books of the banks will have to be held to account and that means bank failure/merger.closure. When those things have happened we can start to talk about a resilient Pound once again.

2 months ago you said this when it was 47.8 baht to the pound.. Its nearly 5% stronger and you where saying it was going to weaken.. I brought your old thread up just to remind you how wrong you are.. All ive said is the pound will remain strong and it is... wai2.gif

And where and when did I say it was going to weaken, within the context of your quote of course, my slightly myopic friend?