Farm Photos

shaggy1969

DSC02385.JPG

[/q

That looks a bit green, was it ripe? I bet he was putting a lot of corn out the back of the combine,not thrashing it properly.

Our local cows would like the straw ,it looks more like hay.

Good phots.

KS

Yes it does look green but the rice was actually ripe,Under the best conditions it is estimated that still aound 20% of the rice will go out the back.When you look at a rice paddy that has been harvested and remains wet,after a period it would not be hard to believe that figure is correct.Most likely it's the same in most areas like ours that the straw is baled and I imagined sold for stock feed.

DSC00049-001.JPG

Driving Miss Daisy ... and Mr Donald Ron ,

Very well behaved ducks , and look tasty for Khow man Bhet !

Duck eggs in the meantime smile.png

He kept walking backwards and forwards from side to side and waving the branch behind the ducks on either side to keep them on the straight and narrow

DSC00049-001.JPG

A duck drover ( Drover, briefly an aussie term for somebody who drives cattle or sheep along the roads in Oz). Great photo Ron !

just to point out,

wasnt just a oz term,

it was and still is a english term for the same driving cattle sheep ect,

that why in england we have pubs called the drovers return, drover rest ect

just to point it out,,,lol...

jake

• Like 1

DSC00049-001.JPG

A duck drover ( Drover, briefly an aussie term for somebody who drives cattle or sheep along the roads in Oz). Great photo Ron !

just to point out,

wasnt just a oz term,

jake

Same in America. I can remember when my mother-in-law would visit and how happy I was when I fatally drover to the airport! whistling.gif

I'll bet you drover nuts.

• Like 1

I'm back...

991b9b0a-f087-43bb-a2a6-51950d667229_zps

RBH .. how do you control the grass on the pond wall?

At the Farm Ma and Pa Farmer don't have grass and this has the duel effect is that the raised wall weathers and also, over time, reduces in height because of this weathering.

just to point out,

wasnt just a oz term,

jake

Same in America. I can remember when my mother-in-law would visit and how happy I was when I fatally drover to the airport! whistling.gif

I'll bet you drover nuts.

I drove over her argument.

DSC00049-001.JPG

just to point out,

wasnt just a oz term,

jake

Damn auto spelling on this computer &*%$! Should be FINALLY drove her to the airport. Seems the computer learned from the mother in law and wants to correct me all the time.

Edited by Fiddlesticks
  • Like 1

I'm back...

At the Farm Ma and Pa Farmer don't have grass and this has the duel effect is that the raised wall weathers and also, over time, reduces in height because of this weathering.

David48... By cutting them down, i used to do it but now i outsource the job to a team of 4 boys in the village. ฿2'000/month...all done within the day. Sabai sabai~~~ xhappy.png.pagespeed.ic.w4JpNxlSQh.png

• Like 2

I'm back...

David48... By cutting them down, i used to do it but now i outsource the job to a team of 4 boys in the village. ฿2'000/month...all done within the day. Sabai sabai~~~ xhappy.png.pagespeed.ic.w4JpNxlSQh.png

Would the catfish eat the cut grass?

Is it beneficial?

Or would remain uneaten, sink to the bottom of the pond and cause issues?

I'm back...

Would the catfish eat the cut grass?

Is it beneficial?

Or would remain uneaten, sink to the bottom of the pond and cause issues?

The way my ponds grasses are trim... leave half a metre from the pond's edges, my standing order to the team.

Grass clipping in the pond is a hassle as it will stuck up and block the suction head grill of the long tail pipe during pumping out.

Catfish don't eat grasses/weeds.