Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Waiting at a parking lot to unload at the sugar mill.

attachicon.gifcane trucks.JPG

Will be waiting for some time, entrance to the mill.

attachicon.gifcane trucks 2.JPG

At the mill, 15 truck and trailers lined up 6 deep

attachicon.gifcane trucks 3.JPG

Another parking lot

attachicon.gifcane trucks 4.JPG

And more on the way down the road, busy day today.

Just a curiosity thing,Is there anyone out there that can tell me what sought of tonnage these truck and trailer units are pulling.

DSC01665.JPG

• Like 2

Great pix, if more of the TV people could experience this type of life style maybe they would appreciate the Thai farmers and what these hard working people put on everyone's table each mealtime. Thailand sure does have a great selection of good food and it doesn't start at Big C , Tesco, or Macro. Hats off to you and your farm Friends

Hi nuanandon

Very nicely put,but also share a thought for the non Thai folk out there that are also doing what it takes to provide for their families wai.gif

A couple more photos from the allotments.

Allot.jpg

Top right in this photo is one of 6 new water towers in the town,near to every water tower is a well

with a metered pump that is accessible to the local farmers so they can take water whenever the need.

Limited of course on how far the water hoses stretch too whistling.gif

Allot2.jpg

Just behind the old dear harvesting her greens is one of the pumps and meters.

I do have a better photo somewhere,when I find it I will post it thumbsup.gif

Allot3.jpg

Another very impressive water tower however it does look like a basket ball on a tower.

Is the garden a community garden Shaggy? looks very productive and orderly. Great stuff !!

• Like 1

Another very impressive water tower however it does look like a basket ball on a tower.

Is the garden a community garden Shaggy? looks very productive and orderly. Great stuff !!

Hi xen

Lol,yes they do look a strange don't they,I think I prefer the old style towers like in Ron's photo.....still it's nice to see that money is being spent in a good way and benefiting the locals.

The gardens are kind of community gardens,but only for group 12.Our town is split into 16 different groups and group 12 were fortunate enough to have their land near a local reservoir.

Another parking lot

Just a curiosity thing,Is there anyone out there that can tell me what sought of tonnage these truck and trailer units are pulling.

DSC01665.JPG

That Rot poo-wng will have about 15 ton on each trailer some say as much as 20 ton per trailer ,not certain if that is true, but way over the legal weight.

Grazing in the long paddock and looking at their condition tells me why thai beef is very tough.

They all seem to look like that.

About as much meat as my pushbike.

I think its because of the poor quality feed they eat.Put them in a paddock with quality feed such as clover and ryegrass then you would find a different story.

Another parking lot

That Rot poo-wng will have about 15 ton on each trailer some say as much as 20 ton per trailer ,not certain if that is true, but way over the legal weight.

Thanks very much,that's the sort of figure I estimated.

Grazing in the long paddock and looking at their condition tells me why thai beef is very tough.

They all seem to look like that.

About as much meat as my pushbike.

I think its because of the poor quality feed they eat.Put them in a paddock with quality feed such as clover and ryegrass then you would find a different story.

The buffalo seem to do well on the same sort of feed, don't see any skinny ones.