Selling Vinyl Records

Bangkok Barry

I've got a whole bunch of old vinyl records, mostly dating back to the 60's and 70's, that I wouldn't mind clearing out - especially as I've replaced many with CDs. On 7th February there was a programme (I think on itv) about a business called High Noon that deals in such stuff, but I wasn't able to get their phone number down and the tv production company responsible haven't responded to an e-mail.

Does anyone out there know where High Noon is, or of anywhere else that would be interested in buying vinyl?

I would suggest before accepting any offers from Th based buyers, do a little research on ebay and see what prices are being offered and reached for the items you have in your collection .

If they are collectable items on their own - eg 1 LP etc then sell them that way . - The thai postal service is reliable - you can send the items recorded (only extra 25baht) and they will be delivered - Charge an extra $ on the delivery - and always state your delivery charge in the auction beforehand - so no wimp outs and I am sure you will realise overall a far better price - ok with a little more work on your behalf - than selling the lot complete to some one else who will merely do the same - Split them up!!

If you can negociate this forum then you are capable of seeling on ebay.

Good Luck!!

You may find out that some of your records are indeed valuable. "Record Collector" in the UK publish a catalogue from which you can value your collection, as do Penguin Books.

I collect vinyl myself. Prefer it to CDs. Think twice before letting them go cheaply if they are in good condition.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm reluctant to get involved with eBay because I know several people who have had a poor experience with those who use it and, anyway, vinyl records are not the easiest things to mail halfway round the planet (guessing that most buyers would be in the USA).

I'm going to check out Fortune Town in the next few days, and will also compile a list of what I have to sell (12' anyway - there are too many 7"). I'd rather sell all in one go rather than to individual buyers, which is too time consuming. I did sell a whole load to a store in London when I was based there, and was fully aware that they bought maybe 100 for the one or two gems that were in there. Nice of them, actually.

I'll update here at the weekend.

I've checked out Fortune Town and found a dealer (Thanks for the tip, and it's actually the 3rd floor) who is interested in buying the whole lot, around 200 albums for around 100,000. If anyone wants to see the list of what I'm selling, then e-mail me with an e-mail address I can send the list to.