Justice Or Politics In Thailand?

webfact

Justice or Politics in Thailand?

By Steve Finch

Some say former PM Abhisit is rightfully being charged for supressing the red shirts; other see the case as business as usual.

BANGKOK: -- Legal cases against Oxford-educated Abhisit Vejjajiva, Thailand’s former prime minister are starting to pile up.

Last month the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) charged the opposition leader over alleged illegal party donations for flood relief, and the military officially stripped Abhisit of minor military titles accusing him of draft-dodging years ago which could lead to a ruling barring him from serving as an MP.

By far the most serious charges facing Abhisit are those of murder, attempted murder and physical assault relating to his time as premier during political violence that erupted in Bangkok in April and May 2010 when opposition red shirts fought street battles with the military.

Following at least 23 coups or major rebellions in Thailand over the past century, senior human rights lawyer Sarawut Pratoomraj notes that holding Abhisit to account for some of the 91 deaths and more than 2,000 people injured during the violence in 2010 would be unprecedented. [more…]

Full story: http://thediplomat.c...se-in-thailand/

-- THE DIPLOMAT 2013-01-19

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

All the politically inspired prosecutions are just more added to the sideshow to make the people think that one side is worse than the other. It's about getting and keeping office.

Thomas Sowell sums it up best:

"No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems

. They are trying to solve their own problems — of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind."

• Like 2

It makes me want to cry when I see the antics of these low life's who are supposed to be looking out for the welfare of the nation.sad.png

And therein lies your mistake. Not a single politician is looking out for the welfare of the nation. All they are concerned about is the welfare of their bank account. And we wonder why Thailand is in such a mess?

• Like 2

So when exactly will Thaksin be charged with the more than 2000 extra-judicial killings (murders) during his time in office?

This is just so much bull that it becomes a joke - these people aren't children, but they behave like a spoilt five year old...actually that's an insult to the intelligence of a five year old...sorry!

No need to be sorry on this one. The childishness behind it all is outstanding.

It makes me want to cry when I see the antics of these low life's who are supposed to be looking out for the welfare of the nation.sad.png

Nice one. We all know they are only looking out for themselves, family, cronies and those they owe. TIT

On my third day, after arriving in Thailand all those years ago, I was taken to Soi Cowboy by some old friends.

I was walking home to my hotel, late at night, and was accosted by a young beautiful girl, who offered her services.

I said, "Sorry, I only have 500 Baht left".

She said, "I can give you a BJ for that", so I accepted.

She took it out, and watched it grow, and said, "Oh my Buddha! Wanna borrow 1,000 Baht?"

I got my job done, and told her my address and that I would pay her next day.

Unfortunately for her, I gave her a false address, and never paid her.

I learned some Thai politics on my third day here.

Thai's see something they want, and they'll do anything to get it, if it suits them. As a receiver, provide false details, have no intent of repayment, get what you want, and treat it as justified politics, even if you have abused the loaner. cheesy.gif

All a phallacy, of course. (The story, that is!) whistling.gif

-mel.

I don't know you look suspicious to me.biggrin.png

Typical Thai "smoke and mirrors" tactics. Make the bad guys look good, good guys look bad. It's ingrained in their DNA. Sadly.

And the simple folk buy it. blink.png

Look

Typical Thai "smoke and mirrors" tactics. Make the bad guys look good, good guys look bad. It's ingrained in their DNA. Sadly.

And the simple folk buy it. blink.png

Look beyond Thailand and you will see this in politics the world over...Hillary Clinton has made this an art form

• Like 1

All the politically inspired prosecutions are just more added to the sideshow to make the people think that one side is worse than the other. It's about getting and keeping office.

Thomas Sowell sums it up best:

"No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems

. They are trying to solve their own problems — of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind."

I think that only Red Shirts and Yellow Shirts seek one side or the other to be shown as the main problem. One has to recognize that the ignition of all of the problems since the coupe de terre is the irresponsible actions of the coups masters whoever they are. Since the disgrace of Kiticatckorn there has been hope that the army would recognize the anguish of Thailand's young people and keep the fighting between politicians who should focus their ambitions on the ballot box. The long suffering Thai people protested to illuminate serial acts of flagrant abuse of Thai Law by politicians and some of their Army friends in order that politicians and other insiders may force their will upon the long bearing suffering of the people of this great nation. Those that broke Thai Law, on either side of the argument, should be brought before the courts to answer for their transgression and damage to the sovereign state of Thailand and its people.

And therein lies your mistake. Not a single politician is looking out for the welfare of the nation. All they are concerned about is the welfare of their bank account. And we wonder why Thailand is in such a mess?

For exactly the reasons you state, I have no wonders at all.

So when exactly will Thaksin be charged with the more than 2000 extra-judicial killings (murders) during his time in office?

This is just so much bull that it becomes a joke - these people aren't children, but they behave like a spoilt five year old...actually that's an insult to the intelligence of a five year old...sorry!

Never, it was endorsed by others in the hierarchy.

Never, it was endorsed by others in the hierarchy.

No, it wasn't.

Last month the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) charged the opposition leader over alleged illegal party donations for flood relief

The illigality if I understand correctly was that the donations were paid by electronic means not by check or cash.

We cant have that it makes it so difficult to syphon some off.