Work Boots

mania

Anyone seen decent work boots in Chiangmai at decent prices?

I have only seen a couple at Sports World but 5-6000 baht? Seems very high

Just normal non-steel toe types like these

Thanks

Edited by mania

Tried Findig but no go... sad.png

What they did have are more like fashion work boots smile.png

Thin leather or leather like?

Anyway will keep searching

Global House & the likes sell work boots. Might be cr@p, never examined them closely. Tend to be black, not buff as in your picture. Leather or plastic, don't know. Worth a look?

Don't shoot the messenger if they're no good biggrin.png

Edited by MESmith
  • Like 2

Global House & the likes sell work boots. Might be cr@p, never examined them closely. Tend to be black, not buff as in your picture. Leather or plastic, don't know. Worth a look?

Thanks that is a good idea.

If anyone has work boots it may be those kind of places

Err, no. My mate bought a pair in there the other day. They are proper work boots (albeit lace ups),iso rated steel caps. Rig boots not available here ,no surprise.

Err, no. My mate bought a pair in there the other day. They are proper work boots (albeit lace ups),iso rated steel caps. Rig boots not available here ,no surprise.

Hmm that is odd. Was it at the Airport Plaza branch?

That is where I went to look.

Also I am not wanting steel toe. Hope I can find something close to

the pic I posted. I am use to those & if I knew they were hard to find I would have brought a pair

with me back when i moved.

Thanks will check the other branch at Kad too

Hmm that is odd. Was it at the Airport Plaza branch?

That is where I went to look.

Also I am not wanting steel toe. Hope I can find something close to

the pic I posted. I am use to those & if I knew they were hard to find I would have brought a pair

with me back when i moved.

Thanks will check the other branch at Kad too

No, at Kad Suan Kaew branch. Not sure if they have non steel cap safety boots. They would just be boots then.

Theres an army store on the mae rim highway, its on the right hand side as your heading out of town, close to the macro, I bought a pair of army boots there

like 15 months ago, I think they were about 2500 baht, made in America, (or so it says) these boots are indestructible, just give em a polish every now and again, anyway they sell loads of different types of boots, shoes there, even second hand, (good quality) maybe you could check that place out,

Heres a pic of the same boots I bought there.

Regards,http://www.google.co.th/imgres?q=black+american+army+boots&um=1&hl=th&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1366&bih=677&tbm=isch&tbnid=VkQ0BAae3Yq4VM:&imgrefurl=http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/s2v-vented-military-sport-boot.aspx%3Fa%3D674699&docid=kzta1soVomqgkM&imgurl=http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/158763_ts.jpg&w=1154&h=1154&ei=beD6UO2TFO6PiAfWhIGQBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=4&vpy=259&dur=240&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=64&ty=121&sig=109994534524740843161&page=1&tbnh=144&tbnw=137&start=0&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0,i:105

Edit, could nt attach picture, maybe the link will work?

Edit, I give up...

Regards.

Edited by Waffle
  • Like 1

Theres an army store on the mae rim highway, its on the right hand side as your heading out of town, close to the macro, I bought a pair of army boots there

like 15 months ago, I think they were about 2500 baht, made in America, (or so it says) these boots are indestructible, just give em a polish every now and again, anyway they sell loads of different types of boots, shoes there, even second hand, (good quality) maybe you could check that place out,

Heres a pic of the same boots I bought there.

Regards,http://www.google.co.th/imgres?q=black+american+army+boots&um=1&hl=th&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1366&bih=677&tbm=isch&tbnid=VkQ0BAae3Yq4VM:&imgrefurl=http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/s2v-vented-military-sport-boot.aspx%3Fa%3D674699&docid=kzta1soVomqgkM&imgurl=http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/158763_ts.jpg&w=1154&h=1154&ei=beD6UO2TFO6PiAfWhIGQBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=4&vpy=259&dur=240&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=64&ty=121&sig=109994534524740843161&page=1&tbnh=144&tbnw=137&start=0&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0,i:105

Edit, could nt attach picture, maybe the link will work?

Edit, I give up...

Regards.

Thanks Waffle link does work if I copy & paste it

Edited by mania

Just ordered a pair of boots from the guy in Chang Phuack. 2500 baht. I won't have them in hand until the end of the month, so I can't comment on the quality. I've heard good things.

Where is this store on the Mae Rim Highway? I don't know of a Macro out that way, if you're talking about Chotana.

The picture looks good.

• Like 1

4^ 'Edit, could nt attach picture, maybe the link will work?'

You need a minimum number of posts to post an image, I believe.

The more expensive work and military boots have steel toe caps and often steel sole shanks to counter nails and the like.

Lots of desert sand-colored US Army boots around these days. The normal US black leather army boot are few. The Thai army equivalent has a greyish sole with a blackened surround that has to be reapplied.

Ooh-rah! Service the target array...

Just ordered a pair of boots from the guy in Chang Phuack. 2500 baht. I won't have them in hand until the end of the month, so I can't comment on the quality. I've heard good things.

Where is this store on the Mae Rim Highway? I don't know of a Macro out that way, if you're talking about Chotana.

The picture looks good.

There is a Mackro on the south side of Mae Rim on Highway 107.

The picture looks good.

There is a Mackro on the south side of Mae Rim on Highway 107.

Thanks. Mr. Google seems not to know about this. I'll ride out there to have a look.

I'm surprised no one has brought this up, but, you do have a work permit for said " work boots" wink.png

If not & you get stopped by anyone in uniform, be sure to let them know that they're "recreational boots" laugh.png

Edited by MESmith
  • Like 1

If you have pixie feet (I mean less than size 9/10) then why not try the numerous secondhand boot/shoe outlets on the road from the BBQ N.E corner of moat leading to JJ market area.

dozens of ex army style, d.m's and not expensive...small sizes becasues previously owned by Thais.

If nothing there, on same road you will get to Tesco, Kam Tiang. inside underneath the escalator the tiny army/navy surplus store has some great looking hiking boots and again reasonable prices...

...but for real work and paddling in concrete you need to go to global, thats where i would go, in the first instance.