Crazy Rental Car Drivers

honoluabay

Question, how do you know these people are driving a rental ??

When the driver gets in the left side of car.

I still do it sometimeslaugh.png

I have seen that many times and laughed. When traveling to some countries like Canada then it makes good sense to rent a car, but in Thailand you only get in trouble if you follow the road rules !!! coffee1.gif

Question, how do you know these people are driving a rental ??

But, in general if you have a Driving License (preferable an International One) and Money you can rent a car. !

Driving license is not even needed, mostly!whistling.gif

Edited by noob7

I've never been turned down by a car rental office. First time I got here in 2007 I rented a manual pick-up for couple months with european student ID. Since then I've rented from several offices with an expired european driving lisence, they always noticed and mentioned it but never a problem. At least 3/4 of Phuket drivers are unskilled or recless drivers... + all the drunken drivers thumbsup.gif

I've never been turned down by a car rental office. First time I got here in 2007 I rented a manual pick-up for couple months with european student ID. Since then I've rented from several offices with an expired european driving lisence, they always noticed and mentioned it but never a problem. At least 3/4 of Phuket drivers are unskilled or recless drivers... + all the drunken drivers thumbsup.gif

Sure they won't turn you down. You sign their agreement = you pay for any damage or loss, at their valuation. Any major company (Avis/Hertz/Budget) will only accept a licence or permit valid in Thailand as that is required by insurer for any insurance claim.

• Like 1