15-Year-Old Boy Kills 5 People Inside New Mexico Home

News_Editor

15-year-old boy kills 5 people inside New Mexico home < br />

2013-01-21 04:50:16 GMT+7 (ICT)

ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO (BNO NEWS) -- A teenage boy believed to be about 15 years old has been arrested after allegedly killing two adults and three children at a home near Albuquerque in New Mexico, local authorities said on Sunday. The motive was not immediately known.

The incident happened at about 9:15 p.m. local time on Saturday when deputies were called to a house in an unincorporated area approximately 7 miles (11.2 kilometers) southwest of downtown Albuquerque. The officers discovered a total of five bodies when they arrived at the scene.

Deputy Aaron Williamson, a spokesman for the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department, described the victims as an adult male, an adult female, a male juvenile and two female juveniles. Their identities or ages were not immediately released. "All the victims appeared to have suffered multiple gunshot wounds," Williamson said.

Investigators said it appeared multiple weapons, including an assault-type rifle, were used in the killings.

One male juvenile was arrested at the scene and has been charged with two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death. Williamson said the boy is believed to be in his mid- to late teens, but he was unable to provide a specific age. Local news reports said the suspect is about 15 years old.

The boy's motive and connection to the five victims were not immediately known.

The mass shooting comes days after U.S. President Barack Obama announced a series of measures aimed at reducing gun violence. Obama signed 23 executive orders to stem a rash of gun violence and has called on U.S. Congress to ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

"Many assault rifles, when combined with high-capacity magazines, have one purpose and one purpose only: to fire as many bullets as possible as quickly as possible," Obama said in his weekly address on Saturday. "These weapons have no place in our communities. And a majority of the American people agree with me."

Obama has also called on U.S. Congress to require a universal background check for anyone trying to buy a gun. Current laws already require licensed gun dealers to perform these checks, but loopholes allow as many as 40 percent of all gun purchases to take place without background checks.

The push for gun control comes in the wake of last month's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, a town about 7 miles (11 kilometers) east of Danbury in Connecticut. The shootings resulted in the deaths of 20 young children and six adults, making it the second-deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history. The gunman, who also killed his mother before the school shooting, then took his own life.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2013-01-21

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad story Pastor and community leader and his family shot by son with AR-15. Sounds like they had a small arsenal in house.

The article I read in Yahoo says nothing about the shooter being a son or that he used an AR-15. No details have been released that I am aware of.

Please post a link if you have more current information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the article:

"Covington said detectives were working to positively identify the five victims as well as the teenager's relationship to them."

...and...

"Authorities said each victim suffered more than one gunshot wound, and several guns were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle. Investigators were trying to determine who owned the guns."

http://news.yahoo.co...-235547981.html

Sad story Pastor and community leader and his family shot by son with AR-15. Sounds like they had a small arsenal in house.

The article I read in Yahoo says nothing about the shooter being a son or that he used an AR-15. No details have been released that I am aware of.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the article:

"Covington said detectives were working to positively identify the five victims as well as the teenager's relationship to them."

...and...

"Authorities said each victim suffered more than one gunshot wound, and several guns were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle. Investigators were trying to determine who owned the guns."

Just illustrates how really in the dark you are trying to formulate opinions about what is going on in US when you have nit lived here in over ten years.

News channels I guess are more update that your Yahoo source. Could have Googled like I just did and seen name if father shot dead and name of shooter they are saying is his son.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/nehemiah-griego-15-accused-killing-pastor-father-and-2-kids-new-mexico-shooting

Nehemiah Griego, 15, Accused of Killing Pastor Father and 3 Kids in New Mexico Shooting

http://www.whatsonchengdu.com/news-5459-albuquerque-shooting-us-teen-boy-nehemiah-griego-15-kills-5-incl-his-parents.html

Albuquerque shooting: US teen boy Nehemiah Griego, 15, kills 5 incl. his parents

Edited by F430murci

From the article:

...and...

Just illustrates how really in the dark you are trying to formulate opinions about what is going on in US when you have nit lived here in over ten years.

News channels I guess are more update that your Yahoo source. Could have Googled like I just did and seen name if father shot dead and name of shooter they are saying is his son.

http://www.opposingv...mexico-shooting

I simply asked for a link. That is hardly cause for you to get on your soapbox and throw sarcasm at those who might have questions about your posts.

From the article:

...and...

I simply asked for a link. That is hardly cause for you to get on your soapbox and throw sarcasm at those who might have questions about your posts.

Like I would just make that up . . . Not understand why you cannot Google it rather than imply I am wrong.

From the article:

...and...

Like I would just make that up . . . Not understand why you cannot Google it rather than imply I am wrong.

I have a rather regular routine when I arise from my slumber and get on the internet. That does not include Googling everything you post.

I am not into looking at obscure blogs, although your obscure blog did mention this..."While CNN and the New York Daily News have yet to identify the shooter and victims, The Daily Mail is reporting -- citing sheriff’s office sources -- that Griego was in fact the alleged gunman." So if I even looked at CNN it is unlikely I would have known all the so-called facts you reported.

You may be right with your allegations, however I never implied anything about you. I merely stated what I read and asked for a link to see what you had read.

It ain't rocket science.

The sheriff will need to exercise care in what he calls a particular gun. There is a legal definition of an assault rifle.

Do you think the NRA will sue him?

An off-topic rant has been deleted. This thread isn't about Amendments to the US Constitution.

I doubt the NRA would sue him, but if he mislabels the gun, he will be eaten alive by Thaivisa posters on one side or the other.

• Like 1

The sheriff will need to exercise care in what he calls a particular gun. There is a legal definition of an assault rifle.

No, but hopefully they will keep up the effort to educate the public, so that it's understood the same thing could be accomplihed with a handgun, or shotgun.

No, but hopefully they will keep up the effort to educate the public, so that it's understood the same thing could be accomplihed with a handgun, or shotgun.

Let's wait and see how many guns were laying around this particular EDP's house.

Oh, didn't have to wait long.

Authorities said each victim suffered more than one gunshot wound, and several guns were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle. Investigators were trying to determine who owned the guns.

So it's worth noting that having several firearms in the house did not protect this particular family.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Also worth noting then, an assault weapon ban wouldn't have made any difference, and a background check, gun control laws, etc. didn't prevent this kid from getting a weapon and breaking several laws.

Edited by beechguy

Also worth noting then, an assault weapon ban wouldn't have made any difference, and a background check, gun control laws, etc. didn't prevent this kid from getting a weapon and breaking several laws.

Correct, it sounds like he used his Dads. What if Dad didn't have them? Might have been able to stop him if he was only wielding a knife.

Just another family sacrificed on the altar of the NRA church.

• Like 2

Educate the public about what, gun safety. And these are the responsible gun owners were are supposed to trust on educating us on this issue?

http://www.witn.com/news/stateregional/headlines/2-Hurt-In-Accidental-Shooting-At-Raleigh-Gun-Show-187593771.html?mobile=yes&device=iphone

• Like 1

Wouldn't a pastor pray for safety, like Perry is suggesting?

Yes, another tragedy . . . and another good reason not to have guns in private hands . . . unless the right wing media and the NRA start another round of 'he was mentally ill and what are WE doing about these people in our society'.

I had an American friend tell me he needs his guns because all the gangbangers have them and he doesn't feel safe.

My friend lives in Scottsdale . . .

I also have another friend who is shit-scared about private gun ownership . . . he is a cop in Phoenix. Domestic disturbances and traffic stops are his least favorute activity due to not knowing of some loony is going to pull a weapon on him for no reason.

I guess he's just a 6'3, 230lb Irish-Catholic pussy who hates America because he believes in gun control

• Like 1

NRA educating the what now?

Perhaps there is a rational explanation? I prefer to wait until the NRA and FOX provide me with the credible facts. whistling.gif

It was the violent video games that did it this time.

or

Guns don't kill as many people as cars do. Guns just lay around the house, in drawers and cabinets, totally harmless. Whereas for cars... they are lurking, furtively in every drive way, sometimes 2 or 3 to a single house, just waiting....

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

Perhaps there is a rational explanation? I prefer to wait until the NRA and FOX provide me with the credible facts. whistling.gif

...and I can't wait for all the conspiracy- theorists...oh wait...maybe not enough dead people....

When there's a killing by a user of meth or heroin, the newspapers scream 'drug crime'!

When there's a killing fueled by alcohol, it's 'a crime.'

When there's a killing related to Muslim extremists, the newspapers say, "perpetrated by Muslim extremists."

When there's a killing related to Bible-thumping Christians (which this one may or may not be), it's called 'a crime.'

• Like 1

I think we will take a pass on the idea that the Sandy Hill killings and this one were done by the government and any of the variations on that theory.

Post and replies deleted.

Wow, really? Someone said that? Missed that one. What is really disconcerting is the possibility of someone having a gun that truly thinks in that manner.