15-Year-Old Boy Kills 5 People Inside New Mexico Home

News_Editor

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps there is a rational explanation? I prefer to wait until the NRA and FOX provide me with the credible facts. whistling.gif

...and I can't wait for all the conspiracy- theorists...oh wait...maybe not enough dead people....

This out today (Not NRA or Fox News based) detailing some of the investigation.

Perhaps now you can attack the entertainment industry and violent video games and movies. This is a seriously sick young mind, not helped with an apparent obsession of killing people learned on the internet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teen Planned to Attack Walmart After Killing Family

By COLLEEN CURRY | ABC News – 6 hrs ago

The New Mexico teenager who used an assault rifle to kill his mother, father and younger siblings told police he hoped to shoot up a Walmart after the family rampage and cause "mass destruction."

---from the article---

A police report from the incident shows that Griego admitted to having "homicidal and suicidal thoughts" in the time leading up to the incident.

Griego reportedly gushed to police about his love for violent video games during the interrogation, Houston said. He told police he loved to play Modern Warfare and Grand Theft Auto.

"The suspect was involved heavily in games, violent games, it's what he was into," Houston said. "He was quite excited as he discussed this with our investigators."

http://news.yahoo.co...topstories.html

Another couple of deaths at a college in Houston, apparently a personal squabble that someone decided to settle with his handgun.

Jumping the gun again? No deaths but one in serious condition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 in Hospital After Shooting at Houston College Campus

By MANNY FERNANDEZ and EMMA G. FITZSIMMONS

Published: January 22, 2013

HOUSTON — A dispute between two men at a community college in the wooded northern outskirts of Houston led to a shooting on Tuesday that left four people hospitalized and touched off fears that the campus was the site of another mass shooting.

Instead, the authorities said, the shooting, at Lone Star College’s North Harris campus, centered on an argument between two men, at least one of whom may have been a student or former student. Three people appeared to have been wounded by gunfire, including a maintenance worker who was shot in the leg. A fourth person, who was not shot, was taken to a hospital with medical problems.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/us/shooting-reported-at-college-in-houston.html?_r=0

Another couple of deaths at a college in Houston, apparently a personal squabble that someone decided to settle with his handgun.

HOUSTON — A dispute between two men at a community college in the wooded northern outskirts of Houston led to a shooting on Tuesday that left four people hospitalized and touched off fears that the campus was the site of another mass shooting.

Instead, the authorities said, the shooting, at Lone Star College’s North Harris campus, centered on an argument between two men, at least one of whom may have been a student or former student. Three people appeared to have been wounded by gunfire, including a maintenance worker who was shot in the leg. A fourth person, who was not shot, was taken to a hospital with medical problems.

http://www.nytimes.c...uston.html?_r=0

Yes, I was in the process of making a response to that post, no need to let the facts get in the way for some of these guys. Unfortunately, the media is just as bad, the first reports focused on the scary Assault Rifle, in reality only one peron was apparently killed with it, the others were killed with a common .22.

Edited by beechguy

Guys...no!

I am not gonna attack movies or video games or heavy metal music!

It is NEVER these things.

It is education, most and foremost!

I know people who LOVE really sick horror- movies...and they are nice guys, because they can see the difference between FICTION and REALITY!

I know people, who play ego-shooters or go out on BB-gun ranges or paintball games...and they would never shoot anyone!

And some of my friends listen to speed-, trash- or death metal...no violence there, that I know of!

Some even combine 2 or even 3 of these things and are valuable members of society!

But maybe you should think of other things?

Like people putting strange ideas in other peoples heads.

Like: the government is taking your freedom away! (The people who preach that, are mainly conservatives eg Republicans...and guess what? THEY are the ones who take your freedoms away! But that is another discussion!)

Or like the idea, that a loaded weapon in your house, prevents you from being a crime victim.

Or that all the black or latinos out there are just after you and your family and your money!

The kind of sick paranoia, that gets pumped down your law abiding, freedom loving, best- democracy- having American throats everyday, by people who don't even know the difference between fascism and communism!

And by the way: I really, REALLY don't care, what kind of gun was involved in the latest tragedy.

Just one question: how many gun-related victims since sandy Hook?

2 fire men, 4 people over there, 5 in New Mexico, now another 4....and Sandy Hook is 1 MONTH gone!

Edited by DocN

Next NRA advise, an armed guard in every home?

And every store, and every movie, and on every bus, and in every church, and at every arcade. And in every mall, and at every Walmart, and in every police station (two cops shot at New York police station a couple of weeks ago). Luckily we don't need them at gun shows at they just thrselves there if last weekend is any indication.

So how many people each year arr shot and killed with a PS2 game controller? Maybe we should all just go to church 24/7 and come home and clean our guns. No TV, no computer, no driving, no movies, no music . . . Just gun cleaning.

Guys...no!

I am not gonna attack movies or video games or heavy metal music!

It is NEVER these things.

It is education, most and foremost!

I know people who LOVE really sick horror- movies...and they are nice guys, because they can see the difference between FICTION and REALITY!

I know people, who play ego-shooters or go out on BB-gun ranges or paintball games...and they would never shoot anyone!

And some of my friends listen to speed-, trash- or death metal...no violence there, that I know of!

Some even combine 2 or even 3 of these things and are valuable members of society!

But maybe you should think of other things?

Like people putting strange ideas in other peoples heads.

Like: the government is taking your freedom away! (The people who preach that, are mainly conservatives eg Republicans...and guess what? THEY are the ones who take your freedoms away! But that is another discussion!)

Or like the idea, that a loaded weapon in your house, prevents you from being a crime victim.

Or that all the black or latinos out there are just after you and your family and your money!

The kind of sick paranoia, that gets pumped down your law abiding, freedom loving, best- democracy- having American throats everyday, by people who don't even know the difference between fascism and communism!

And by the way: I really, REALLY don't care, what kind of gun was involved in the latest tragedy.

Just one question: how many gun-related victims since sandy Hook?

2 fire men, 4 people over there, 5 in New Mexico, now another 4....and Sandy Hook is 1 MONTH gone!

Yup, I agree . . . the type of guns is largely irrelevant.

I read an interesting snippet about the number of violent movies/games watched/bought and the US isn't number one by a long shot. I believe a relatively benign country like The Netherlands was/is.

Movies. Games. Wild Wild West. Mental Illness. . . tec etc etc

Can't see the forest for the trees. It's guns

http://www.nytimes.c...uston.html?_r=0

Can you believe it? I was listening to Alex Jones reporting off his local TV station. Shame on me for falling for that sh*t.

I'm glad no-one is actually dead, however it doesn't detract from the point that a fight between two students results in three people being shot, does it?

Whatever happened to good old fashioned, Queensberry Rules fisticuffs.

Kids don't now how to defend themselves these days, the pussies. They need to man up and learn to take a punch and dish one out.

As for having an armed guard around, that really decreases the chances of a death, doesn't it? I can just imagine some amateur rambo coming out, guns blazing.

• Like 1

It is interesting, what some of the founding fathers really wanted for future generations

“The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

“The Constitution preserves “the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation…(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” - James Madison, The Federalist, No. 46

“The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.” – Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

“Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property… Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. –Thomas Paine

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

It is interesting, what some of the founding fathers really wanted for future generations

“The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

“The Constitution preserves “the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation…(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” - James Madison, The Federalist, No. 46

“The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.” – Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

“Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property… Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. –Thomas Paine

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

...and....?

...and....?

The Founding Fathers agree: an armed population makes good government.

...and....?

The Founding Fathers agree: an armed population makes good government.

The "Founding Fathers" did that several ...ahm...hundred years ago, when guns had to be loaded with single bullets!

What kind of democratic understanding do you have, if you think, only good governing can be provided, if the government is held "hostage"?

How do other democracies and governments survive, without this?

The "Founding Fathers" stated this in a time, when tooth- replacements were made of wood, a flu could kill hundredthousands and the idea of science fiction, was a hospital with clean- sheets!

Welcome to the 21st century!

• Like 2

history has shown that disarmed populations and dictators always go hand in hand, with abusers and seekers of power preferring a people unable to stand up for their rights and easy to trample and dominate.

“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn’t do it. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.” – William S. Burroughs, 1991

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I can't believe some that say it is their constitutional right to own a gun can even think of saying that perhaps a ban on violent video games etc would be acceptable.

Shouldn't those that wish to view them be given that same right as gun owners insist on having?

• Like 1

I can't believe some that say it is their constitutional right to own a gun can even think of saying that perhaps a ban on violent video games etc would be acceptable.

Shouldn't those that wish to view them be given that same right as gun owners insist on having?

They already have that right. It's called the 1st Amendment and I haven't heard anybody trying to remove that right yet.

They already have that right. It's called the 1st Amendment and I haven't heard anybody trying to remove that right yet.

Excellent, so the gun-nuts have the right to air their views . . . as they all sign up for a well-regulated militia or have their guns impounded.

Wouldn't that be nice

The NRA will no doubt argue that if all the family had their own gun, this massacre could have been avoided. When will these gun fanatics learn to lock the bloody things away?

Actually, if they all had more than one gun each the fight would have been over more quickly - logic 101

• Like 2

The NRA will no doubt argue that if all the family had their own gun, this massacre could have been avoided. When will these gun fanatics learn to lock the bloody things away?

can you explain why they were URLs mentioning the Sandy Hook incident and bearing specific dates well before the actual incident occurred?

blink.png

can you explain why they were URLs mentioning the Sandy Hook incident and bearing specific dates well before the actual incident occurred?

blink.png

Can you give us a source for that information (and not the Alex Jones show).

Let me add for you a point-by-point rebuttal to all the twaddle the conspiracy theorists are spewing out (now they've realised that their Benghazi <deleted> was all for nothing).

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/23/this-is-theblazes-point-by-point-sandy-hook-conspiracy-theory-debunk/

Edited by Chicog

blink.png

Do we really need this?

I really have my hands full, discussing this with "normal" gun lovers.

I really don't need conspiracy- wackos on this.

• Like 1

blink.png

Do we really need this?

I really have my hands full, discussing this with "normal" gun lovers.

I really don't need conspiracy- wackos on this.

As the link I subsequently posted shows, with sources, they are talking out of their hat about how owned Lanza's car, pages with the wrong dates, and the rest of the nonsense, so I'd be surprised if you get a single credible source. Most of it was posted anonymously. Probably because they know how crazy they are.

Edited by Chicog

That is why I would rather not discuss anything with those numbnuts. I'd rather discuss gun-laws 10 days with chuckD, although I think he is wrong, instead of hearing just one of those gross and despicable conspiracy theories.

That brain-dead moron Alex Jones was opining the other night that the government stages these massacres because it wants to disarm the population so it can turn them all into slaves and put them in FEMA camps (he has "evidence"). He even went so far as to say that even Iraqis under Saddam could have AK-47s. Like that's a great place to live!

Stupid stupid stupid. Do they even listen to their own rubbish?

Edited by Chicog

There are some interesting adjectives used to describe people with whom you disagree. It's getting very close to baiting and I would suggest posters chose their words a little more carefully.

Thanks.

can you explain why they were URLs mentioning the Sandy Hook incident and bearing specific dates well before the actual incident occurred?blink.png

cheesy.gif

No, really . . . clap2.gif Thank you, I needed a giggle. Almost as amusing as Steely Dan and his link to "Obama hid gay life to become president"

Edited by Sing_Sling
  • Like 1