Travel Fair At Bec Tero This Weekend

grahamb

I saw some details in the paper about a travel fair that is on at the BEC Tero Hall this weekend. Does anyone know if it is worth going along to get good flight prices? I need to buy some tickets and I'm wondering if going to the fair will save me the hassle of ringing around the travel agents.

Thanks!

I saw some details in the paper about a travel fair that is on at the BEC Tero Hall this weekend. Does anyone know if it is worth going along to get good flight prices? I need to buy some tickets and I'm wondering if going to the fair will save me the hassle of ringing around the travel agents.

Thanks!

where is BEC tero hall?

We went today. If you read Thai you may get more out of it that we did. The fair I believe is directed at Thais so most of the info is in Thai and most of the offers are packages. It was pleasant enough but I think your time would be better spent calling around a few agents/airlines.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at that travel fair at MuangThongThani / Laksi last year, and it was very disappointing. the fair stalls where so pathetic and uninspiring. I was at the travel fairs at Kuala Lumpur and Singapore in 2005, and that was a great event at both places, well organized and full of people.....

maybe the problem in BKK is, they have too many SMALL travel fairs at different locations, organized by competing companies, instead of ONE big event, 2 times a year or so.....

though, for good flight deals, its ALWAYS worth to go there as many airlines (even THAI AIR!) have special ticket offers which can be purchased only at those particular dates and locations. last time at MuangThongThani, I could have had very good fares to Europe, offered by THAI, AUSTRIAN and ETIHAD..... unfortunately, there was no reason for me to fly to europe at that time

Edited by AsiaWolfie

I go to the travel fairs at QSNCC often.

Yes they are aimed at Thais .. and many just have package tours. However for airlines you can get great deals .. for hotels you can often get great deals .. and for attractions that usually offer two tier pricing etc ... you can often get stuff at rates below walk-up for Thais ... Lots of effort ... and you have to buy there ...

the other reason to go would to just get info on hotels in areas you want to visit directly.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that QSNCC is the better show. They usually have travel shows 3 or 4 times a year and think they had one in the last month. Best deal is to buy hotel vouchers valid on weekdays. Go with a a Thai person if poss. because many adverts are not written in English. I usually avoid the travel agents and go to the airlines and hotels direct at the show.