Motorbike

ktm jeff

Chinese bikes are never cheap as it will cost you more on the long term. If there will be a long term of course:D

And shineray, platinum, lifan etc all of them are same. Same substandard parts.

If i were you i just buy a honda or kawa and have a nice hassle and mechanic free stay here with peace in mind.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

This has been covered many times over already. Instead of directing people to your other posts take some time to read other people posts in the same subject.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

And i covered it once more. And i will reflect my ideas anytime necessary for me. Do you have a problem with it?

Lots of first comers or beginners are here so they need to be enlightened.

This has been covered many times over already. Instead of directing people to your other posts take some time to read other people posts in the same subject.

And i covered it once more. And i will reflect my ideas anytime necessary for me. Do you have a problem with it?

Lots of first comers or beginners are here so they need to be enlightened.

He was talking to the OP.

Keep ya pants on i meant. I know he may be new to the forum that doesnt mean he cant read other topics with the exact same question. Seems people are starting a new topic about chinese bike quality alot and its always the same responses from everyone.

If you want one then just ge one!

• Like 1

Looking at the OP. Isn't this a bit of a "I'm looking to buy a piece of string and I need to know how long it should be" thread. I'm lazy and don't feel like doing any basic research? Oh by the way I have posted this topic twice already.

• Like 1

Keep ya pants on i meant. I know he may be new to the forum that doesnt mean he cant read other topics with the exact same question. Seems people are starting a new topic about chinese bike quality alot and its always the same responses from everyone.

If you want one then just ge one!

Sorry man. I thought you were shouting at me. And of course i will keep my pants on!thanks

nigel jeffrey, welcome to our bike forum. You will meet a lot of nice guys around here smile.png

And a lot of "chinese bike haters" biggrin.png

But don't worry, at the end its up to you to make your decision. I am still a bit sceptical with a Platinum. Like Richard said, Shineray doesn't have street legal bikes in Thailand afaik. The Lifan Cross 200 is a good value for money imo (47k Baht). And there are plenty Lifan dealers.

Have fun and keep us updated with your experiences. We are all interested in Chinese bikes and how they perform laugh.png

• Like 1

Thank you everyoue, As you can see im a newbie but i have found a number of threads on these bikes but they seem to go off at a tangent somewhat, after a while. I have posted a more detailed request, giving my reasons for looking at these makes, on this forum (buying a new motorbike), and on the Chiang Mai forum (buying a new platinum etc). I hope this hasnt caused any problems - editor may delete if so - but i didnt know which heading would gather the most informative replies Nowhere have i found the shineray xy 150 gy wasnt road legal in Thailand, but if its not , that one is out . I dont fancy the Lifan , due to their gearchange pattern. and i have seen some of them in England !, although they may be better now - if not , thats also out. See,the list is getting shorter already. Platinum ticks nearly all the boxes, but the big concern is a rod operated rear drum brake! Unless they release a rear disc model soon. that will also be out. By constructivley going through both good and bad points on each bike,i may,by defult,end up playing it safe and buyiny a CRF 250 L . I seem to have half answered my own question,but i hope it has been informative to others,although some reasons for excluding some bikes are due to my own prefrences. Seems Keeway / Sym / M-Bike are still in the running. I again open it up to any good advice. Thanks JEFF

Go for honda crf l 250 or kawa klx 250 or d tracker or cbr250.

If you do so, you will never regret your decision besides you can sell these easily and resale value do not drop too much. Not to mention lots of mods and accessories for these and lots of info over internet too.

Buying a chinese bike is like playing gamble moreover not many service places for them. No info relatively no mods.

Or better still buy a second hand CBR250 for around 75,000 - 80,000baht, and by 'secondhand' i mean only 6-12 months old (non ABS)

Rock solid bikes, none of the waiting about for parts, peace of mind knowing it's a well built bike and you'll be able to sell it for more or less 70-75k after a year of ownership.

• 10 months later...

Ive had a lifan gs sports bike for a few months now and clocked up 1500 kms now with no problems theres a firm that has been stocking the engines with great sucess in there grass cart clubs pushing the motors alot harder than any bike rider would ive clocked it at 155kph I also have a 93zzr kawasaki thats great but the lifan aint to far off in performance and build qaulity.post-193727-13858982715091_thumb.jpgpost-193727-13858983316793_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I have a platinum px250, 2000 km, not 1 year old now. I would not recommend you to buy one. Lifan or keeway look like better stuff.

If you really want one, i can sell you mine for 30'000.- lol.

Sent from my LT25i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by happysoul