Chiang Mai Immigation Today To Extend Extension Of Stay

Chiang Mai immigration is still a zoo but if you have a appointment made on the online Q system, for extension of stay based on retirement, it is a 10 min. process if all of your paper work is in order. The wait comes for your passport and change about 30 min. today. The Qs for re=entry permit are a bit bother some as well, Got a Q number for re-entry and 90 day report before leaving for lunch but got back a bit after 1pm and my number for 90 day report had come and gone. Waited for re-entry Q to show my number and that was about 40 min. when it came up presented the paper work and needed to put phone number on back of form, took about 5 min. to do the paper work, paid the money and told to wait until my name was called. Another 30 min. wait, collected my change and passport with new re-entry permit. Collected another Q number for 90 day report waited about 30 min. and my number came up needed wait a moment until the immigration guy brushed off a line jumper. Took about 10 min to check the info and enter it in the computer, I have a bar code now in the passport.

The actual time to process paper work is very fast and professional if you have your ducks in a row, it is the wait for return of passport and change as well as the wait for re-entry and 90 day report Qs to progress. Over all not to bad, but have to wonder if your number comes ant faster if you stand in front of the counter while waiting for your turn

• Like 1

I had a code bar put in my passport at Chiangmai Immigration at the beginning of 2012.....Up to now they never used it ( even id they look to check if if is there ) and they always want me to do all the usual photocopies that it was supposed to replace. Are there any members that could do the 90 reports using just the code bar and report form ?

My last extension there worked the same way as yours. Appointment on the button, 5 minutes at the nice young ladies desk (my school's paper work is perfect), although it took around 45 minutes to get my passport back. I went out back, got a photocopy of my new extension stamp, went back inside and to the two guys sitting on the far right. I did not have a Q number and no one was waiting so no need for a Q number (BTW - this was at 11:30 or so). I handed guy number one the paper work, he whizzed through it, stapled my new receipt in my passport and I was outta there is less than 2 minutes.

I had a code bar put in my passport at Chiangmai Immigration at the beginning of 2012.....Up to now they never used it ( even id they look to check if if is there ) and they always want me to do all the usual photocopies that it was supposed to replace. Are there any members that could do the 90 reports using just the code bar and report form ?

I feel so deprived (or is that depraved) because I went there late December 2012 for my ED extension and 90 report and didn't get a bar code, maybe it's gone along with the dodo.