Where To Go Get Ed Visa Nowadays Cheap And Convenient. Thinking Of Laos, But Open To Suggestions

need to fly out tomorrow, have all the paperwork from my school for the ed visa.

have been just researching for a few hours, since it became an immediate situation.

was thinking of going to singapore, but i've been there many times now already

there is also a 5500 thb ( + 1500 thb consulate fees etc ) bus trip to Vientiane with hotel incl. some food and staff to help. but was thinking that it would be a very tiring 2 days with long bus rides and cramped in a bus with many people.

so currently i am thinking of flying with nok air ( RT: 4000 THB ) to udon thani and go to Vientiane from there. Don't have the ground transportation part and costs + hotel figured out yet.

WED : 17:00 depart DMK, arrive 18:05 in Udon Thani. Take a cab to border. Pass to Laos. Take a cab to Vientiane and check into hotel.

THR : Go early to the consulate and submit papers

FRI : 12:00 Check out of hotel, pick up papers at 13:00-14:00, then on the way back to border ( bus? cab? ). Get back into Thailand. Go to Udon Thani and catch flight back 18:35 to DMK

Reasonable? Any other suggested solutions for that time schedule?

I saw that! But the schedule is too tight for the return sad.png

nok air bus departs 13:30 on FRI, but around 13:00 is when the consulate opens to hand out the passports ( + queue )

You don't have to go back to the border with the Nok Air mini-van. You can catch a regular rickshaw or tuk-tuk from the Thai consulate to the border, as long as you get back into Thailand on time to catch up with the Nok Air mini-van that drives you back to Udon.

I believe the Nok Air mini-van picks you up on the Thai side at 3:30 p.m or 5:30 p.m, depending on which return flight you booked. That should give you plenty of time.

Edited by mcnad

That's the shuttle bus schedule. http://www.nokair.com/contents/promotion/vientiane/en-US/index.html

13:30 - 14:15 Vientianee - Thanaleng + Local shuttle bus over the bridge to Thai immigration

15:15 - 16:30 Nong Khai - Udon Thani

So I would have until 15:15 to reach the shuttle bus on the Thai side, that's nice. And with these waiting times I'll better be sure to bring some reading material :)

unfortunately i cannot make the times on these local shuttle busses. would have to fly in 2 hours, and that's not possible for me. will take the 5pm flight instead

from i understand that getting a minivan from consulate to border is around 100 thb, and shared minivan from border to airport is 200thb

is assume there would also be similar priced minivans at the airport? gonna arrive there around 6pm with light baggage. border closes at 10pm from what i understood; since it should take about 1 hour that would give plenty of time

still wondering about hotel recommendations in consulate proximity :-)

unfortunately i cannot make the times on these local shuttle busses. would have to fly in 2 hours, and that's not possible for me. will take the 5pm flight instead

from http://www.thaivisa....miss-my-flight/ i understand that getting a minivan from consulate to border is around 100 thb, and shared minivan from border to airport is 200thb

is assume there would also be similar priced minivans at the airport? gonna arrive there around 6pm with light baggage. border closes at 10pm from what i understood; since it should take about 1 hour that would give plenty of time

still wondering about hotel recommendations in consulate proximity :-)

La Ong Dao 1 hotel...you can even walk to embassy from that one

There is also a La Ong Dao 2 cheaper rate but further away