Miraculous Cure For Hiv "reported" By Chiang Mai School - Praise The Lord

benjaminterrett

Why would anyone ever question the "power of faith" to result in a cure for some disease or condition?

Possibly because the "placebo effect" is been well documented as creating similar results. The human

mind may have the ability to trigger some response in the body that occassionally results in a "cure", but

it probably doesn't matter if it is motivated by the "power of faith" or the expectations generated by a sugar pill.

• Like 2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm praying for at least 3 goals against Swansea away from home in the Carling One Cup tonight.

Chelsea need a miracle to get through to the final.

If this happens, I know God answered my prayers and is a Chelsea fan.

It was a nil nil draw. I guess I didn't pray hard enough.

I'm praying for at least 3 goals against Swansea away from home in the Carling One Cup tonight.

Chelsea need a miracle to get through to the final.

If this happens, I know God answered my prayers and is a Chelsea fan.

It was a nil nil draw. I guess I didn't pray hard enough.

Or perhaps there were lots of Swansea fans, also praying hard ? rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I wonder if this claim would have been met with the same degree of ridicule if it had been reported that the girl's HIV was cured by a combination of crystal therapy, herbs, and coffee enemas instead of by God.

That does not work unless you add reflexology and wheatgrass juice.
  • Like 2

Why is it so difficult for some people to accept that the power of prayer and giving yourself to God

can bring about miracles?

Unless maybe they understand how many of billions of other such pleas are ignored by "God" resulting in

unfathomable suffering and agonizing death for so many people, not to mention all the pleas to have the home

team win the World Cup or Super Bowl.

If there is a "God" out there who actually keeps track of these appeals it must have the compassion

of a Wall Street banker.

The World Cup has been won 6 times out of 19 times by the home team. Not a bad return.

If Qatar win in 2020 we may have to review who we pray to! Though how they won the bidding process......

I wonder if this claim would have been met with the same degree of ridicule if it had been reported that the girl's HIV was cured by a combination of crystal therapy, herbs, and coffee enemas instead of by God.

That does not work unless you add reflexology and wheatgrass juice.

That's what the mainstream media wants you to beleive.

OH Lord.....won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz!! [Janis Joplin]

My friends all drive Porches I must make amends.

Yes, previous post - the Catholic Church and it's policies have a lot to answer for regarding the spread of STD's.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

The heading should read " THE CHURCH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SPREAD OF HIV!!" especially the Catholic church in Africa and other places.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif the post started out with a supposed miracle and has degenerated into a rant against religion. Granted they have done an awfully amount of wrong but so far from the OP.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

the next thing you know people will be talking about fish here.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by hellodolly

The heading should read " THE CHURCH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SPREAD OF HIV!!" especially the Catholic church in Africa and other places.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif the post started out with a supposed miracle and has degenerated into a rant against religion. Granted they have done an awfully amount of wrong but so far from the OP.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

the next thing you know people will be talking about fish here.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You're amusement (or at least the emoticons) seems rather odd and excessive but I saw no rant. And while I've never understood why people care if threads don't adhere without any deviation from an OP, it seems quite extraordinary to me that you think an OP about a "miracle" attributed to "God" has nothing to do with religion.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Now why am I reminded of that Health Minister in S.Arica? What was his name again? Ah, yes, Dr. Beetroot!thumbsup.gif

A miracle is defined as not part of the natural order but a suspension of the natural order. If you meet your grandmother in the street who you yesterday saw cremated, you can say either an extraordinary miracle has occured or you are under a very grave misaprehension or suffering from a delusion.

The likelihood of the second must be weighted against the likelihood of the first. If you only hear a report of the miracle from a second or third party, the odds must be adjusted accordingly before you can decide to credit a witness who claims to have seen something you did not see. And, if you are separated from the “sighting” by many generations, as in the biblical miracles, and have no independant corroboration, the odds must be adjusted more drastically.

So you must ask yourself: is it more more likely that the laws of nature have been suspended in your favour or that you have made a mistake or that you are relying on extremely dubious sources?

Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.

Christopher Hitchens

• Like 1

A miracle is defined as not part of the natural order but a suspension of the natural order. If you meet your grandmother in the street who you yesterday saw cremated, you can say either an extraordinary miracle has occured or you are under a very grave misaprehension or suffering from a delusion.

The likelihood of the second must be weighted against the likelihood of the first. If you only hear a report of the miracle from a second or third party, the odds must be adjusted accordingly before you can decide to credit a witness who claims to have seen something you did not see. And, if you are separated from the “sighting” by many generations, as in the biblical miracles, and have no independant corroboration, the odds must be adjusted more drastically.

So you must ask yourself: is it more more likely that the laws of nature have been suspended in your favour or that you have made a mistake or that you are relying on extremely dubious sources?

Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.

Christopher Hitchens

Well said!!

What is the big deal about god curing HIV? There is a Christian 'ministry' in Chaing Mai that has claimed to have raised the dead. Now that's a BIG deal.

I will become a true believer when someone can explain infinity to me. Meanwhile I'm hanging on to the 'minstry's' phone number just in case.

Yes, previous post - the Catholic Church and it's policies have a lot to answer for regarding the spread of STD's.

You're not wrong Ollie. And this is posted by a former altar boy.

You're not wrong Ollie. And this is posted by a former altar boy.

Try this.......biggrin.png

Priest-Off1.wmv

• Like 1

Oh God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"

Abe says, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"

God say, "No." Abe say, "What ?"

God say, "You can do what you want Abe, but

The next time you see me comin' you better run"

Well Abe says, "Where do you want this killin' done ?"

God says. "Out on Highway 61".

Bob Dylan

• Like 1

The pure righteous people, do not complain against wickedness but add righteousness. They do not complain against disbelief but add faith. They do not complain against ignorance but add wisdom.

Bless you all my skeptical children.

Holy crap, I hope that post was meant as a joke! Otherwise...

• Like 1

Speaking of mis-educating. Mind telling us where you were educated to be so broad minded?

I think I'll take that as a compliment.

As a lad, I was brought up by a bunch of Catholics. I was told that my mother was never going to heaven, as she was a Protestant. That's where I was educated. Thankfully my parents pulled me out of the terrible education system I was in.

Religion allows you to change your mind when faced with new evidence. The problem being there is no new evidence. Under your belief system you can become a tree if new evidence appears.

No new evidence? The bible says the world is a few thousand years old. My priest, in teachings as a young man in preparation for my first holy communion, told me that the world was a few thousand years old and that anyone who said otherwise was wrong as the word of God was not to be questioned. He was a liar, and a part of an organisation that has caused the death of millions across Africa in the last 30 years.

and....

If the evidence were to appear that I could be a tree, I promise to everything I can to become a tree. Hint. Don't hold your breath.

Some things we except as fact and don't go looking for new evidence such as I except you are a human being and do not go looking for new evidence to disprove it. I except that there is a God and I have no understanding what ever just certain beliefs. I leave the searching to others I am to busy to waste my time on it. I am willing to listen to new evidence that there is no god if you have any but I doubt you really looked.

As a science student long ago, I was taught that the most important aspect of science is to go out looking for new evidence, even if it will disprove everything we have ever accepted as fact. Nothing is really fact in science, science works on a 95% probability of fact, which means one hell of a lot is not fact as any scientist would acknowledge. Its a shame religious folk also won't acknowledge this, as I would accept that a lot of what they have to say is worth listening to and learning from. Just a few things they need to straighten up, like whether wearing condoms is equivalent to murder.

And no, I never looked for evidence that God doesn't exist, nor did I look for evidence that unicorns nor Peter Pan have never existed. I'm not into proving the non-existence of a super natural being, though I am into preventing people dying a horrible death which could be prevented by some education outside of preposterous religious teachings.

To each there own. Religion has brought peace and prosperity to many. It has also brought death and disease along with poverty to many. Pick your side and go with it or do as I do yes there is a God and I have a belief about him that would not fit into a narrow set of parameters. This allows me to be open for new insights or proofs that there is not a God.

Religion has killed more than all other wars combined. Religion has left millions in Africa dying as a consequence of the non-use of condoms promoted by one of the richest organisations in the continent. The only peace it has brought is peace through ignorance, the only prosperity it has brought is through magnificent buildings for the rich paid for by donations from the poor. It stinks from beginning to end and the OP is an extension of that stench.

Edited by naboo
  • Like 2

Don't forget current reports that the Catholic church made millions from donations by the fascist dictator Mussolini, donated as a reward for recognising his regime in 1929.

http://www.guardian....ini?INTCMP=SRCH

What a pity that God, speaking directly to the Pope as his infallible representative on earth, neglected to inform him that fascism was wrong...

Does anyone really need any more indication that these religions are forged in the minds of not particularly bright individuals with axes to grind?

NABOO

You are probably rite in a lot of what you are saying. But as I said with religion you can change. I have 9 and 1/2 years of Catholic schooling. I have seen many changes such as they used to have a limbo they abolished that. I neither study it or go to church. I have a friend who was an ordained Baptist minister. In other words he had been to a Baptist college and studied up on all the faiths. He told me that the Catholic church did not say there was no reincarnation in fact there was a order of monks in Spain that tought that and they had the blessing of Rome. [ he no longer preaches they give him a dollar a year. He is a practicing phsicic.] The Catholic church does not say there is a hell. My mother told me that the Catholic church said it was OK to go to other churches. On and on it goes because they are allowed to change there mind. A friend of mine went to a Catholic college University don't know what he was taking as he was not a Catholic but what ever it was he had to attend an introductory lecture given by a Jesuit. The first thing he said was I want you to forget every thing the ladies dressed in black tought you, (obviously a long time ago)

To be perfectly honest with you I believe in God and I think I know a little bit about he/she/it. I could be wrong but it dosen't matter to me. It works for me. I don't attend church or any other church related things. I have no problem with other peoples beliefs if they are being honest I will not bring out a list of unrelated facts (well according to your post 95% facts) to try and change your mind I could give you a partial definition of God and it could be wrong but that is OK the entire universe does not depend on me being rite. The definition I have would fit into a Physics book easier than the Bible.

People fail to realize that In all likely hood they never really learned what the church itself tought they learned what people tought and what they had heard from there friends. I was around it long enough to know that what was tought in one diocese was not tought in another one and maybe the opposite in another one. My mother had 12 years of Catholic schooling and when I talked to her about it 30 years after I was out she says she dosen't know where they got all that stuff it was not what she was tought in a school about five miles away.

All am saying is believe what people feel comfortable with. Don't fake it or try to bully others in to your beliefs.

Yes my earlier post was a tongue in cheek jest.

Don't forget current reports that the Catholic church made millions from donations by the fascist dictator Mussolini, donated as a reward for recognising his regime in 1929.

What a pity that God, speaking directly to the Pope as his infallible representative on earth, neglected to inform him that fascism was wrong...

Does anyone really need any more indication that these religions are forged in the minds of not particularly bright individuals with axes to grind?

You are a classic example off what I was talking about in my last post with naboo.

The pope only claims infallibility on religious matters. I was told it was over 70 years ago that he used that.

No body ever tries to see what the church itself teaches, They take the word of the minister, Priest or Nun to be Gods word.

Or worse yet some ones interpretation of the bible.

You are a classic example off what I was talking about in my last post with naboo.

The pope only claims infallibility on religious matters. I was told it was over 70 years ago that he used that.

No body ever tries to see what the church itself teaches, They take the word of the minister, Priest or Nun to be Gods word.

Or worse yet some ones interpretation of the bible.

With all due respect, in above post and a previous one you have demonstrated that not only are you rather uninformed on the teachings of the Church, the Bible, and indeed Christianity in general, you are so very misinformed regarding the extent of knowledge others hold - including many non-believers (myself and others on this thread among them but certainly people far more learned).

Obviously you are welcome to hold whatever customized spiritual stance you like - but the Catholic Church/Christianity is nowhere near as elastic as you wish it were (mind you ALL Christians are forced to cherry-pick only the parts of the Bible they like - or we'd be in a world of savagery and madness given the parts of the bible that command murder of all manner of transgressions).