Thai Girl Group

Me and a few friends have thought of starting a thai girl group to take on the western music scene...thinking about 4-5 beautiful girls to do a pussycat style group....reckon they would be a big hit over europe,aus,usa.

Any thoughts?

Yes!!! :D Check out Titanium Club - good example of all girl Thai band - playing Western songs. :o

Me and a few friends have thought of starting a thai girl group to take on the western music scene...thinking about 4-5 beautiful girls to do a pussycat style group....reckon they would be a big hit over europe,aus,usa.

Any thoughts?

Yes!!! :D Check out Titanium Club - good example of all girl Thai band - playing Western songs. :D

Isn't that the name of a rap group? :o

Any thoughts?

Very good idea I think. There's a famous Dutch guy in music, married to a Thai (also famous) lady-singer. I would suggest to talk to him. He's on Koh Samui.

You need a good producer and songwriter/composer + 4/5 top singers...if they're beautiful it would be an extra plus :o

LaoPo

Any thoughts?

Yes!!! :D Check out Titanium Club - good example of all girl Thai band - playing Western songs. :D

Isn't that the name of a rap group? :D

:o

http://www.titanium-club.com/

Any thoughts?

That is a top idea!!

Just let me know if they need a manager :o

Any thoughts?

Isn't that the name of a rap group? :D

:o

http://www.titanium-club.com/

I didn't read carefully enough. The group name is Thaitanium, so two different things, sorry. :D

It's risky, given that Western audiences don't seem to be ready for even a solo Asian artist. And I don't mean even Asian-American, Asian-Australian etc. CoCo Lee tried back in 2000 and she flopped massively even though she has a great voice. Vanessa Carlton does okay, as does Michelle Branch. But give it a go anyway.

To succeed in the Western music scene, you have to have a Western attitude. I don't think that squeky clean Asian girls have what it takes to appeal to the Western public. Tata Young has tried to raunch herself up without really acheiving success anywhere apart from Thailand.

In my opinion, if you want Asian girls to break the Western music scene then I think you would need to do it with girls that have grown up in Europe or North America.

If you want to do it with Thai girls then I reckon the Thai market would be your best bet.

Anyway, good luck if you give it a try. :o

To succeed in the Western music scene, you have to have a Western attitude. I don't think that squeky clean Asian girls have what it takes to appeal to the Western public. Tata Young has tried to raunch herself up without really acheiving success anywhere apart from Thailand.

In my opinion, if you want Asian girls to break the Western music scene then I think you would need to do it with girls that have grown up in Europe or North America.

If you want to do it with Thai girls then I reckon the Thai market would be your best bet.

Anyway, good luck if you give it a try. :o

And whenever a Asian star changes to meet the needs of the west, they lose something and just aren't as good. Success in the west is over blown, be big in Asia!

Any thoughts?

Yes!!! :D Check out Titanium Club - good example of all girl Thai band - playing Western songs. :o

i agree they are ok, they still read some of the songs though!!!

Any thoughts?

Actually, my main thought is that you are not Thai. Your language is far too western - so maybe you just may make it..... :o

Any thoughts?

If you need someone to help change in and out of stage costumes I'll do it for 5k a month.

If that's too little then I could pay as high as 10k. :D

One thing I've yet to hear is a Thai song sung in English or English song sung in Thai.

It would make a nice change listening to 'Yin Dii Tawn Rap Rong Raem California'. :o

It's risky, given that Western audiences don't seem to be ready for even a solo Asian artist. And I don't mean even Asian-American, Asian-Australian etc. CoCo Lee tried back in 2000 and she flopped massively even though she has a great voice. Vanessa Carlton does okay, as does Michelle Branch. But give it a go anyway.

There´s an Korean dude singing very eighties style old school pop songs. I think his name is Rain.

Bee or rain

From what I read, he´s not all that good, but beign as there are increaingly large asian communities living in the west, there´s the market for them.

There´s an Korean dude singing very eighties style old school pop songs. I think his name is Rain.

Bee or rain

From what I read, he´s not all that good, but beign as there are increaingly large asian communities living in the west, there´s the market for them.

The Thai artist Audy covered a 80's tune, but I can't remember which one.

Hmmm... it doesn't even work that way yet. The way it works at the moment is that an Asian person who grew up in the States and returned to their country of ethnicity has a shot at a successful career... for example CoCo Lee grew up in the States and started singing in Hong Kong. Hikaru Utada is Japanese American and became a massive pop singer in Japan. Heaps of overseas Vietnamese whose parents took them to the States, Canada, France and Australia have recorded in Vietnamese in those countries to feed the Vietnamese markets.

Tata's been able to achieve success in Asia with her English language album but will not take on the Western markets precisely because it is way too risky even though she is very farang in thought and expression when working in an English language environment. Anyway, she's made pots of money on the East Asian circuit... so as long as there's work for her in Asia she's got no reason to want to go anywhere else.

Any thoughts?

i agree they are ok, they still read some of the songs though!!!

was there last night and it was packed - good sign on how good they are,