Anyone with a small drone in Surin province or vicinity?

Dario

Hi everyone,

a few years ago drones were expensive, several ten thousands for one. Today you can buy a drone with a 8K camera for around 1'000 Baht. So, I bought one from Aliexpress, this one.

I wanted to video tape when the harvester cut my wife's rice. But I wasn't able to connect the wifi.

I live in northern Surin province, somewhere between Tha Tum and Rattanaburi, Is there somewhere not too far somebody with a drone (I would also go to Buriram if necessary) who could show me how to connect the wifi correctly. I add the instruction sheet. 

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Could contain:

• 2 weeks later...

Not in Surin area, but have had drones for a few years.   What app did you download to use with it ?

Is the drone WIFI showing in your phones WIFE available list ?

If that's the exact drone you bought, then that really is a 'too good to be true price', for the specs it advertises.

Just peeked at a YT vid of the V88, and it really is a toy.  Don't expect much from it, good to learn how to fly one, since inexpensive, so no loss, if you lose or crash it.

Teach yourself how to fly in a wide open field (footy pitch) on a windless day.

Edited by KhunLA

@Dario If you want a decent inexpensive vid drone, then it's going to cost around the ฿7000 / $200 USD price point.  Decent 3 Axis camera & GPS.  Not expensive, but not cheap either, and need to decide if you'll actually get some use out of them.  

Two I have and would recommend;

... MJX Bugs16 Pro  (power vs high winds)

... ZLL 906 Beast Pro 2  (Sony sensor camera)

Anything less, and it's basically a toy.  

Edited by KhunLA

On 11/24/2023 at 2:56 PM, KhunLA said:

@Dario If you want a decent inexpensive vid drone, then it's going to cost around the ฿7000 / $200 USD price point.  Decent 3 Axis camera & GPS.  Not expensive, but not cheap either, and need to decide if you'll actually get some use out of them.  

Two I have and would recommend;

... MJX Bugs16 Pro  (power vs high winds)

... ZLL 906 Beast Pro 2  (Sony sensor camera)

Anything less, and it's basically a toy.  

This drone was actually meant to hover above our home and get a view from above. The idea to see the harvester move over my wife's land came later.

For me this is not worth to spend 7000 Baht.

4 hours ago, Dario said:

This drone was actually meant to hover above our home and get a view from above. The idea to see the harvester move over my wife's land came later.

For me this is not worth to spend 7000 Baht.

Try to watch YT vids about the V88, which I only found promo, and basic instruction vid.  Have you tried flying the drone, without the app ?  You can still use, take vid/photos, you just won't see what the camera is seeing.  

I didn't have FPV for years, and still managed to get so decent photos from cheap drones.  Don't expect much, especially 4 or 8k.  V88 has brushed motors and no axis gimbal for camera, so you wouldn't put an expensive camera on it.   Any luck and it will be 720p vids & 1080p photos.   

Has the smallest battery they make for toys, 3.7v, although if 2200mAh, that would be impressive.  Still a fun toy to learn on, and you may even get a some decent photos.   Vid will be crap without a gimbal.

Not sure why it won't connect the wifi, although it could be you phone, not being compatible.  Or you're just doing the wrong sequence to conx.

Take it to an open field, windless day, or you'll lose it, as not powerful enough to fight much of a wind.  Don't go up to high, and keep it close till you know how to fly it.

Good Luck

• 4 months later...