Help Needed For Transfer Of Land Within Family In Nong Bua Lamphu

I am looking for some advice here........My wife is at her family farm, outside of Nong Bua Lamphu, and her grandmother wants to transfer some land into my wife's name. Since her grandmother's family name is different than my wife's, it seems to be a problem. My wife was told that the land needs to be transferred into my wife's mother's name first, and then it can be transferred to my wife, all of which would take quite a while.. She is only there for another month and would like to get this all taken care of before she flies back to the USA. Can this process be completed in a month? Does she need to hire a lawyer? Any lawyer recommendations? Any insights will be greatly appreciated as I have no idea what this process entails........

Gran and wife goto the local land office and fill out the forms.

You and your passport will have to attend in order to declare you have no claim on the land if married in Thailand (foreigner husband).

No other family members should be involved.

Same day for express service (+400bht)

Next day for usual service.

Transferring family land is not something that foreigners or their money should be involved in or concerned about.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

As both transfers are classified as gifts tax will be minimal and should be able to be completed at same time.My understanding is the declaration made by married foreigners is simply stating the funds are wifes and not yours, as this is a gift from family you shouldnt need to be present...Each land office interperets things differently but shouldnt take one month.

Well the way mine went was ( & i dont think it matters about sir names )

Ok My wife bought land from Uncle ( nor sor 4 )

Thinking we would be paying higher taxes but NO

Because she was the niece buying from the uncle (cheaper)

No problem