Samsung Service Center Service Charge For Repair Of Samsung Product Bought Outside Thailand

koosdeboer

WARNING:

Samsung service center in Chiangmai charges 1000THB extra for repair of Samsung products bought outside Thailand without informing beforehand.

My story: We brought my daughters samsung note 1 in for repair because of a defective microphone. Two days later we got by telephone an estimate of 2210THB and although pricey we agreed to repair. When collecting after repair they asked 2442THB. I asked for a specification and they showed me their repair specification which also showed 1000THB for transport. When I asked what that meant they told me that this was a service charge for a product bought outside Thailand.

Now comes the tricky part; I asked for the specified bill which they refused to give. After long discussions they made a handwritten bill without specifications. After more discussions they wrote the specifications on the back of the bill. For me this looks like cheating.

post-7754-0-78852800-1359008450_thumb.jp

post-7754-0-39789400-1359008471_thumb.jp

well, does sound a bit unusual...essentially, they are charging you 1350 for labor (what appears on back of receipt for service and engineer).... which does seem high.

then there is the not sticking to original quote issue.... does not sound good.

I would only say that i have had USA purchased products serviced at Sony, Canon and HP, here in CM, and never seen such high service repair bills, no matter how it was labelled. In fact, i have always had my repairs done expertly, quickly and quite inexpensively (100 baht to get power module on ereader at sony, 750 to get HP computer motherboard replaced, 1000 to get my Canon flash foot replaced and whole camera cleaned and calibrated)...

Sorry to hear about your bad experience... don't know if that is usual or not for Samsung here in thailand.

I took my Galaxy S in for repair, and was told my receipt from a mootoo shop at MBK was not acceptable documentation. They charged me 4500 baht for parts and labor, and had the brass to hand it back to me absolutely stripped of all data. When they insisted that was normal, and that there was no way to back up a system under repair, I insisted there most certainly was, and that in any reputable shop it would be done automatically.

They fussed around in the back for a half hour, and returned the phone with everything in place.

Even stuff I'd deleted along the way.

I don't think much of that operation, and will avoid it at all costs in future.

To be absolutely fair, and as a former dealer in the US, I have to say most multinational electronic products do not carry an international warranty. That may have some bearing on the surcharge laid on the OP.

Edited by anselpixel

well, does sound a bit unusual...essentially, they are charging you 1350 for labor (what appears on back of receipt for service and engineer).... which does seem high.

then there is the not sticking to original quote issue.... does not sound good.

I would only say that i have had USA purchased products serviced at Sony, Canon and HP, here in CM, and never seen such high service repair bills, no matter how it was labelled. In fact, i have always had my repairs done expertly, quickly and quite inexpensively (100 baht to get power module on ereader at sony, 750 to get HP computer motherboard replaced, 1000 to get my Canon flash foot replaced and whole camera cleaned and calibrated)...

Sorry to hear about your bad experience... don't know if that is usual or not for Samsung here in thailand.

Interesting; as brilliant as the Samsung line-up of electronics might be (and it's a huge line-up !); unfortunately their Samsung-Service Centers leave a heckuvalot to be desired ! !

Their Pattaya Branch is no exception; I have had two very negative experiences here, but I suppose they know that once you've purchased a Samsung product, you have no choice but to go there for service . . . . . .

Seems silly to me, when you look at their Advertising & Promo Budgets; whereas all they have to do is give a superb service and more people will buy their stuff ! - Then again; maybe it's just the "Thai' Component" and a lack of proper training ? ? ? ?

Sad-Samsung-Sad ! !

sick.gif

It's just Thai style, double pricing. I tried to contact Samsung main office but they use diversion tactics when using email or phone.

They just put me back to the service center in chiang mai and they only promised not to extra charge the next repair.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So where would you take a Samsung TV for repair then?

I was just about to take mine to Samsung Chiang Mai. Maybe not now!

Phone repairshop in kad suan kaew. I did this before but this time I made the mistake to go to the service center.

• Like 1

Take a TV to a phone repair shop?

Even if they can do it I'm not carrying a 42" TV all over KSK from that car park!!

Anywhere else?

Phone repairshop in kad suan kaew. I did this before but this time I made the mistake to go to the service center.

Take a TV to a phone repair shop?

Even if they can do it I'm not carrying a 42" TV all over KSK from that car park!!

Anywhere else?

Sorry, missed it that it was about a tv. If bought in thailand I would give it a try with Samsung sc.

To be absolutely fair, and as a former dealer in the US, I have to say most multinational electronic products do not carry an international warranty. That may have some bearing on the surcharge laid on the OP.

I had a Samsung slider phone, that when I first moved here 7 years ago was a very good model.

Had an experience somewhat similar the OP when I went to the Samsung Service Center to replace the earphone.

They flat out told me they couldn't repair the phone; parts not available, etc.

When I pointed out that the phone was sold worldwide- Japan, EU, UK, US, Africa, Hong Kong, etc.- they told me as it was not a model available in Thailand, repair was out of the question. For a simple earphone! OK, no part in inventory, no can do.

I see anselpixel's point, but for a multinational manufacturer of phones, this seems rather customer unfriendly.

Have had nothing but el cheapo Nokia feature phones since, with no problems.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

0n 7 November I brought my Tab to repair. A friendly lady came to collect my problem and directed me to the repair desk. Mr. P. tested my Tab and plugged it in and the charging did not start. He told me, to try to help and call me then he told me two days later, that the repair would cost 5700 Baht. But I refused to repair, why? I can tell you, only e few weeks before, my TOSHIBA notebook was not working any more, I went to TOSHIBA and they told me 15.600 Baht for repair. I brought my notebook to Computer City I paid 1000 Baht and it is working fine.

And your SAMSUNG staff? I went to Central 3rd floor, I waited 10 minutes paid 500 Baht and my tab it was working again.

I agree with the other poster who said "most multinational electronic products do not carry an international warranty." That has always been my experience.

As far as Samsung is concerned, we bought a number of their products when we 1st moved into our home 6 years ago. The only 'dud' turned out to be the TV which has needed a new motherboard, daughter-board, power supply (2), etc. Most of the repairs were under warranty but the last couple of repairs out of warranty we had an unusual experience. When we called the number on the Samsung invoice it turned out to be the mobile telephone number of the technician who came to pick up the TV in the past. He seemed to recognize my voice "farang in Sansai?" Yes. "I pick up TV and repair for you on my free time for little money, O.K. with Samsung no problem, they let us do that." Hmmm.O.K. (he even came in the Samsung truck to pick it up). Charged us about 500 Baht both times for a lot of work. Don't know if this usual practice or not - only in Thailand!