Dealer Or Best Way To Sell Real Rolex Etc

You can buy some really good copies (I have heard the best ones are the same as the original) so not sure who would pay for the original if the only difference is a paper certificate :)

Any watch professional should be able to tell the difference. I'm sure there are plenty rich who like the real thing. I see Chinese barging through the jan sales here in UK to buy all the real goods they have plenty of knockoffs of back home, doesn't seem to put them off.

My Cousin in law will probably take one, and a few of his friends maybe; but I'd still like to know of any dealers or smiths for valuation and cleaning etc

There are a few dealers on the fourth floor of MBK,

Out of interest we asked how much they'd give us for my wife's 6 month old Rolex.

About half list...even though they had one for sale which was about 90% of list. laugh.png

This shop in Paradise Park is one of the few dealers who have a website.

http://www.9naliga.com/

He must be doing alright as from the looks of things he's moved into a bigger place.

Watch prices are reasonable....about on a par with the west...sometimes cheaper.

Buying - Used Rolex prices are much cheaper in Japan. Selling no idea for either.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Thanks RAZZ

I was expecting Thai or china to be good places to sell due to more demand than second hand supply coupled with high import taxes. Japan, UK, etc broke western countries for sure better place to buy for the same reason as second hand cars, is a lot of supply in the market.

You can buy some really good copies (I have heard the best ones are the same as the original) so not sure who would pay for the original if the only difference is a paper certificate smile.png

That is a very silly thing to say, the difference is night and day. A rolex is a handcrafted timepiece from start to finish, with a high jewel count movement handmade in-house. The copies are rough machine made cases with a lousy movement dropped in, even the AAA copies only use a run-of-the-mill ETA movement....nothing like a Rolex. If these things do not mean anything to a buyer, then the buyer is not a Rolex customer and should certainly buy a copy. But to say the only difference is a "paper certificate" is ignorant.

To the OP, you can post on Craig's List or a similar local site, and then meet a potential buyer at a reputable Rolex dealer, such as The Time Clinic on Chitlom 02252-6926 (Certified Rolex repair facility who's techs are trained in Switzerland at Rolex). For a very small fee the dealer will authenticate the watch and give the buyer feedback. Otherwise you will have to take a used-wholesale price from a dealer who will mark-up and resell. By you selling direct into the used market you should gross at least 20% more than used-wholesale.

Edited by KHR1010

You can buy some really good copies (I have heard the best ones are the same as the original) so not sure who would pay for the original if the only difference is a paper certificate smile.png

That is a very silly thing to say, the difference is night and day. A rolex is a handcrafted timepiece from start to finish, with a high jewel count movement handmade in-house. The copies are rough machine made cases with a lousy movement dropped in, even the AAA copies only use a run-of-the-mill ETA movement....nothing like a Rolex. If these things do not mean anything to a buyer, then the buyer is not a Rolex customer and should certainly buy a copy. But to say the only difference is a "paper certificate" is ignorant.

My 3 year old can tell the difference. I have never seen a decent copy of Omega, Rolex etc.

Hi..One of my best friend is a Watch Collector with excellent Connections to Dealer in Europe, where You can claim the Tax and may be little bit more for cash Money..

Please send me a PM for Details if You know exactly what Model You are looking for.....

To the OP, you can post on Craig's List or a similar local site, and then meet a potential buyer at a reputable Rolex dealer, such as The Time Clinic on Chitlom 02252-6926 (Certified Rolex repair facility who's techs are trained in Switzerland at Rolex). For a very small fee the dealer will authenticate the watch and give the buyer feedback. Otherwise you will have to take a used-wholesale price from a dealer who will mark-up and resell. By you selling direct into the used market you should gross at least 20% more than used-wholesale.

Thanks very much.

Do you know of anything similar in Chiang Mai?

Thanks very much.

Do you know of anything similar in Chiang Mai?

I am sorry, in all my years here I have only been to Chang Mai twice and unfortunately I have no knowledge of a reputable dealer there. I am hoping someone with experience there comes on and gives a reference.