Income Tax

Astaga

Hi,

I've just been appointed the Thailand editor for a Singapore-based publication. I've completed the first part of the MoF requirements and been to Laos to collect a single entry 3 month non-immigrant M visa sponsored by the MoF and now waiting on the documents to convert this into a 12 month extension of stay and work permit.

I am to invoice the company each month and my monthly payment - there is service agreement in place saying I am a contractor not an employment agreement - is paid out of Singapore and transferred to my Thai bank account.

I am required to work from home and cover my own costs for office space, electricity & internet with expenses able to be claimed. The company will also allow me to split the monthly service fee into two parts - say 50% for "services rendered" and the balance for expenses.

What is my tax liability on income of Bt76,000/mth?

Does income tax need to be paid monthly or annually?

How do I pay the tax?

Thanks

It is difficult to give you fully accurate advice with the limited information here, i am assuming you will have a work permit?

Please send me a personal message with your email and we can set up a consultation for you to come in and discuss the situation with one of our legal advisors

.[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]