Know Your Rights

Hello,

I bought a restaurant business in Partnership in Pattaya and have some dispute is business(Since My Partner staying here, cheated me).

Since I have been on Tourist Visa and and Dispute is not getting solve and I am little scared about police intervention.

I just wanted to "Know My Rights" If Police comes to me and try to arrest me(through my partner intervention) whereas I have no Fault.

I will be highly Thankful to all Thaivisa Forum Members.

Regards

OP what would the police have to do with a business dispute. Think you are getting a little paranoid. Police deal with crime, civil courts deal with business, get a lawyer. Jim

Unless the partner has someone on the books, in which case it does not really matter what OP rights are, as he would be arrested for whatever.

As some have said, get a lawyer but before you do, find out how "well connected" your partner is and not by what he says or threatens.

For example pointing at a cop at a road booth and saying he is my friend, does not make your partner "well connected"

Once you have ascertained who and what your partner is, then you make a choice of a lawyer to use, either someone with "better connections" or just someone cheap or someone who knows how to "negotiate"

OP what would the police have to do with a business dispute. Think you are getting a little paranoid. Police deal with crime, civil courts deal with business, get a lawyer. Jim

Unless the partner has someone on the books, in which case it does not really matter what OP rights are, as he would be arrested for whatever.

As some have said, get a lawyer but before you do, find out how "well connected" your partner is and not by what he says or threatens.

For example pointing at a cop at a road booth and saying he is my friend, does not make your partner "well connected"

Once you have ascertained who and what your partner is, then you make a choice of a lawyer to use, either someone with "better connections" or just someone cheap or someone who knows how to "negotiate"

Don't rally think it works that way unless you are talking really big money. You still have to front a court and have a real charge.

Think how the system works in car accidents, cops make deals, but if you have number one insurance, they don't get invoked, too big. Jim

Don't rally think it works that way unless you are talking really big money. You still have to front a court and have a real charge.

Think how the system works in car accidents, cops make deals, but if you have number one insurance, they don't get invoked, too big. Jim

Thats true if you were talking about a real deal. In OP case in my understanding and i could be wrong since he has not provided any further information, he bought into some business a restaurant and the other guy is scaring him (as we know in Pattaya so many are just so well connected) so OP is scared and worried.

With correct information and right people in place, everything can be sorted to satisfaction.

Just for example, the lawyer i use is "very friendly" with a some very high ranked cop and also high ranked army officer(no need to go into details) when ever i have a dispute or a "visit" matter gets dealt with above police present head and they are told what to do.

Also i found, when police come and you advise them you have a lawyer, they always ask for the name, after learning the name they act accordingly.

My lawyer explained that police and lawyers "feed each other" so police does not really want to "piss" in the pool unless its really necessary.

Anyhow, back on topic, i still think OP has been threatened and is scared, personally i would hate to be in his shoes, because not only it appears he was possibly scammed but now also lives in fear.

Edited by lemoncake