Honda Click With Idle Stop

dogpoo

The cost spread from lowest spec to highest spec is about 3K.

I have one, seemed foolish not to pay the extra.

They estimate a 5% fuel saving from the auto-stop feature.

It's a bit more clever than a kill switch.

Stops the piston in a position with the cylinder semi-compressed, so it starts on first spark.

http://world.honda.c...ingstop/p2.html

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

I have a PCX with this gimmick. Honestly it's a pain in the grass in stop start traffic. I only ever use it when I know I have a long wait at the lights.

I guess your PCX is too big to weave through traffic?

My Click only stops in front of the lights, so idle-stop is on all the time.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I have a PCX with this gimmick. Honestly it's a pain in the grass in stop start traffic. I only ever use it when I know I have a long wait at the lights.

I guess your PCX is too big to weave through traffic?

My Click only stops in front of the lights, so idle-stop is on all the time.

No, sometimes it ain't an option.

That's what you are supposed to do, switch it off when in stop start traffic. One day all vehicles will have this feature incorporated.

When are you in stop start traffic on a bike? Use mine all the time (PCX) never had a problem and great at the 5 minute light stops. Guess you must be in Bangkok because even with heavy traffic in Pattaya it's rare you can't keep going.

ive got it due to i liked the colour scheme of the scooter,you can overide it with a switch on the bars though.........soon as you crack open the throttle it fires up very very quickly though

Cheers for the answers, looks like a good option to go for, obviously good at lights where you are waiting a couple of minutes!

thanks for that, i am aware now. the bike i rode was left me by someone who had borrowed my truck for some errands, i rode it up the dirt track (hill) to my house. upon exiting to collect my truck, i encountered the idle stop for about 100 meters as i rode down the hill.

having only ridden and owned bike with clutches, i must admit the whole automatic thing leaves me cold.

if i were to rent or purchase another bike, it would most certainly not be automatic.

having owned numeorous dirt bikes back home, an NSR 250r, vfr 400r (NC30), gsxr 600 in thailand, i suppose old habits die hard

thanks for that, i am aware now. the bike i rode was left me by someone who had borrowed my truck for some errands, i rode it up the dirt track (hill) to my house. upon exiting to collect my truck, i encountered the idle stop for about 100 meters as i rode down the hill.

Idle stop doesn't work while the bike is in motion, you want to roll down a hill, you have to turn the ignition key off.

When are you in stop start traffic on a bike? Use mine all the time (PCX) never had a problem and great at the 5 minute light stops. Guess you must be in Bangkok because even with heavy traffic in Pattaya it's rare you can't keep going.

Maybe you have never ridden in downtown Pattaya on a busy night! I weave in and out of the traffic as much as I can...but sometimes..........

downright dangerous when you are riding down a dirt track and the engine keeps cutting out

nonsense,have you ever owned one?

engine only cuts out when you come to a full stop and then it takes 1-2 mins to cut out, it then restarts just with a tiny nudge

• Like 1

1.When starting the engine (initial starting) Initially, the rider starts the engine by pushing the starter button in the same manner as an ordinary scooter because it sometimes takes several seconds to start a cold engine after long-term storage or when the ambient temperature is low. Under these conditions, the engine continues to idle eventhough the vehicle is not moving for more than 3 seconds. 2.When engine is warm and/or during vehicle movement (shifts to the “idling stop” mode) After initial engine start, vehicle speed has exceeded 10km/h, and the water temperature sensor detects a temperature above 50?, by which the ECU judges that the engine has been warmed up, the system shifts to the “idling stop” mode from the next stop of the vehicle. 3.When the vehicle stops moving (“idling stop” ready) As the vehicle stops with the throttle fully closed and the rider seated, the ignition is turned off to stop the engine. The ignition turns off 3 seconds after the vehicle stops moving. The delayed engine shut-off allows the rider the ability to make a U turn or a momentary stop at a stop sign. 4.When restarting ( engine restart and vehicle movement ) When restarting, the throttle sensor attached to the carburetor detects an opening of the throttle, and the system turns on the starter motor as well as allowing ignition. As the engine starts and the engine speed increases, the centrifugal clutch engages, thus starting the vehicle movement.

downright dangerous when you are riding down a dirt track and the engine keeps cutting out

nonsense,have you ever owned one?

engine only cuts out when you come to a full stop and then it takes 1-2 mins to cut out, it then restarts just with a tiny nudge

no i have never owned one. I state quite claerly the bike was not mine.

i would not purchase a bike without a clutch.

perhaps the bike was <deleted>.

Edited by candypants

• 3 weeks later...

My Click, idle start, with about 3000 km on the clock, but when starting cold, there is a lot of vibration, which stops, once I get up to speed. But after 600m or so, it seems like it starts to cut out, but then gets back up to speed again. Is this normal? Seems the vibration is more now, than before.