Local Architect For Medium Size Project

seesip

I can recommend khun Top of Top Design and Build who used to work for Build Sabai and left last year to start his own practice. He's imaginative, flexible and budget concious with lots of experience of working with farang clients and has good English. He designed our house and one we are just about to start on. He is quite busy right now but definitely worth talking to - I'll put his details in the Resources & Professional Help thread if it gets unlocked - otherwise feel free to PM me. His website is the company name with no spaces dot com.

i-QK2nHS2-L.jpg

Edited by Greenside
  • Like 1

I've used top to design a custom 2 story house in sansai. mezzanine catwalks, 25 foot soaring ceilings, multiple balconies terraces, swimming pool.

I've hired him to design, build, remodel 5 condominiums and today signed a contract to build a three story concrete, glass, and steel house also in sansai. educated in Australia--perfect English and has worked for the areas top custom builder

I've used top to design a custom 2 story house in sansai. mezzanine catwalks, 25 foot soaring ceilings, multiple balconies terraces, swimming pool.

I've hired him to design, build, remodel 5 condominiums and today signed a contract to build a three story concrete, glass, and steel house also in sansai. educated in Australia--perfect English and has worked for the areas top custom builder

Check out the following dedicated website for the first house that Top designed and built for me

http://www.chiangmaiapartmentrental.com/p1081.html

Check out the following dedicated website for the first house that Top designed and built for me

http://www.chiangmai....com/p1081.html

from my imagination to Top's CAD program. Construction starts shortly

http://www.chiangmaiapartmentrental.com/p1132.html

• Like 1

How much do these guys usually charge? We've been quoted 1.5% of the total construction cost.

Wow....I have been quoted as high as 10% and as low as 7%.....sad.png

That's good news.

Our build is a 15 - 20 million baht project. Maybe there's a sliding scale.

How much have you been quoted for build costs? We've been quoted 12 - 16,000 THB per square meter. However, the builder said his last project was 9,800 THB but he's quoting worst case in case there's a long delay before the build starts. I've read other foreigners say they were quoted as low as 7,000 THB. The builder also said the architect's fee would be included in his price.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if my English is not well.

1. Send some information to the architect or company which you think it's really good for you by e-mail.

2. Ask them for price /Sqm. and what material for rough guide price.

3. Ask them for design fee.Depending on your budget. if budget is too much ,that's mean design fee ratio have to drop down.

4. If you got answer,make the appointment ,sit and talk.

5. it's must be involve to presentation,architectural&structural design. It's also include with load schedule for 3 phase electric if needed. Finally ,building permit approved.

6. The architect should let you know for hidden cost of infrastructure ,for example is if you need to take the main line of 3 phase electric to your house...How much you should spent for this hidden cost? i know some people might be spent almost 1 mil if it's too far.

7. Working drawing you 've got from architect should be in English, if you 're Farang, because this is your house. You have to know everything should be right and match with preliminary design. ETC.

• Like 1