Chance Of Getting Thai Tourist Visa From Phnom Pehn?

Hi,

Just a quick question since I haven't found info about it. I know that the Thai embassy in Phnom Pehn is one of the worst places to get visas, but I will be in Cambodia and will need to get a new tourist visa about the same time.

What is the situation now?

Is it only difficult to get non-immigrant visas or also tourist ones?

Anything I need to know?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

Just a quick question since I haven't found info about it. I know that the Thai embassy in Phnom Pehn is one of the worst places to get visas, but I will be in Cambodia and will need to get a new tourist visa about the same time.

What is the situation now?

Is it only difficult to get non-immigrant visas or also tourist ones?

Anything I need to know?

Thanks a lot

i highly recommend you use a visa service once you are cambodia. there is one next to the sunshine hotel that is reliable.

i highly recommend you use a visa service once you are cambodia. there is one next to the sunshine hotel that is reliable.

OK thanks,

Why?

Could you please elaborate?

How much does it cost? Does it take more than the regular 2 days?

And what kind of problems I might have if I go myself?

Thanks in advance!

OK thanks,

Why?

Could you please elaborate?

How much does it cost? Does it take more than the regular 2 days?

And what kind of problems I might have if I go myself?

Thanks in advance!

go yourself and after a few days there is a chance of having your passport returned with a new visa stamped 'cancelled' across it, with no explanation given. very moody people in there face to face. let a visa service do it, worth the piece of mind.

go yourself and after a few days there is a chance of having your passport returned with a new visa stamped 'cancelled' across it, with no explanation given. very moody people in there face to face. let a visa service do it, worth the piece of mind.

Ok, thanks

Do you know how much it is?

I will only be in PP for 2 days. Is this a next-day service?

You can go yourself, I've done that. Grab a moto dop for the short ride to the embassy. Get there be4 noon to hand in your passport and pick up after noon 2 days later. that's right, when I was there it was not pick up next day afternoon but 2nd day afternoon. also when I was there, the agent I used to use, Lucky Bikes Monivong, did not provide service any longer. this was odd cause they used to do a smoking thai visa service biz. I was under impression that thai emb didn't want "services" doing passports anymore. of course this was 2 years ago so things may well have changed back to more normalcy

Edited by The Dude

You can go yourself, I've done that. Grab a moto dop for the short ride to the embassy. Get there be4 noon to hand in your passport and pick up after noon 2 days later. that's right, when I was there it was not pick up next day afternoon but 2nd day afternoon. also when I was there, the agent I used to use, Lucky Bikes Monivong, did not provide service any longer. this was odd cause they used to do a smoking thai visa service biz. I was under impression that thai emb didn't want "services" doing passports anymore. of course this was 2 years ago so things may well have changed back to more normalcy

Thanks,

Has anyone applied for a visa there in the last 6 months or so?

I know the situation can change depending on the staff, policies and so on...

What I'm trying to find out is what are my chances of getting a new tourist visa there on the next day. Whether it's even worth the effort, or I should just forget about it and go to Vientiane right after I return from Cambodia...

Perhaps Huski has more up to date info Vince. I was there in early '04 at the height of the dodgy visa scandle. On the 1 or 2 day wait thing, I don't recall but perhaps I arrived there in afternoon which is why I had to wait the 2nd day. It is more likely that if you turn in your visa on say monday morning, pick up would be tues afternoon. that seems to be policy at most embassies