Nissan Almera Lpg

The Almera is a well made car and is very inexpensive to repair. Most defect would show up in the first few months. I have seen one with CNG (NGV) but the tank takes up 1/3 or the truck (Boot) space. I am a big fan of NGV but don't like the loss of space. I have seen a few LPG conversions with "donut" tanks in the place of the spare tire. With NGV cost per km is about 50 stang, with LPG it is closer to 60 stang per km both big saving.

I was called today my New Almera will be in tomorrow and will convert it in 2 months

• 4 weeks later...

I got my Almera

Im considering the conversion but still not sure about the warrantee. Maybe nissan can do the conversion and it would keep it in warrantee?

Why dont car manufacturers stll their vehicles LPG ready?

There's no manufacturer selling a factory-backed LPG conversion in Thailand.

As indicated by Kartman, the government wants to remove the subsidies on LPG anyway - they were originally only intended to ease household living costs, not make cars cheaper to run. They've been talking about restructuring/removing the LPG subsidy for several years now, so one would expect it's only a matter of time before it becomes a reality..

The alternative fuels the government officially supports for cars are CNG (AKA: NGV), E85 Gasohol and Electric (and indeed provides tax incentives for their use) - and all are supported in one way or another by most manufacturers, except Nissan, Ford and Mazda....

I got my Almera

Im considering the conversion but still not sure about the warrantee. Maybe nissan can do the conversion and it would keep it in warrantee?

How about volvo?

They back it up in the USA as in Europe as long as you use the right LPI system .

I got my Almera

How about volvo?

They back it up in the USA as in Europe as long as you use the right LPI system .

Volvo TH are promoting E85.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Almera

As indicated by Kartman, the government wants to remove the subsidies on LPG anyway - they were originally only intended to ease household living costs, not make cars cheaper to run. They've been talking about restructuring/removing the LPG subsidy for several years now, so one would expect it's only a matter of time before it becomes a reality..

The alternative fuels the government officially supports for cars are CNG (AKA: NGV), E85 Gasohol and Electric (and indeed provides tax incentives for their use) - and all are supported in one way or another by most manufacturers, except Nissan, Ford and Mazda....

What is E85 gasohol?

Ive seen 91 gasohol, 95 gasohol. Nissan says i can use 91 gasohol, 95 gasohol or E20.. What is E20.. ive never seen it. Also what is E85? Can i put E85 in my almera?

Thanks

I got my Almera

What is E85 gasohol?

Ive seen 91 gasohol, 95 gasohol. Nissan says i can use 91 gasohol, 95 gasohol or E20.. What is E20.. ive never seen it. Also what is E85? Can i put E85 in my almera?

Thanks

Surprisingly, E85 is 85% Ethanol ;) No, you definitely cannot put this stuff in your Almera.