Tourist Business....take A Look

I spent 40 days in LOS over the holidays from Phuket to the Burma border and stayed in most major cities. Now it seems that I've got the urge, like so many others, to return.

I'm really not wanting to stop work and am considering starting a tourist based business similiar to the canoe trips, trekking tours, rafting and motorcycle (4-wheeler) trips.

I'm just in the pre-planning/thinking-about-it/investigative stage and am wondering if

any of you gents (:o) have any first (or second) hand knowledge on these types of operations? I've a lot to learn but of all the boards, this seems the place best suited for info.

What type of commissions are paid to the hawkers and hotels for selling the trips?

About transportatin to the sites...I know that some companies have their own mini busses and driver and some use rentals. Any idea on the costs involved here?

How is permission gotten (if at all) to utilize the land they cross?

What can expect to pay for general labor?

I'm working out the costs involved in setting this thing set up but need the related numbers from someone familiar with this type of operation that's "in-country".

A lot to ask I know, but I'll take anything that I can get.

Thanks in advance to all that offer up meaningful assistance.

:D