Honda New 400Cc Series

loserlazer

Why the hell they do not do an inline four cbr400?, c'mon.

They did & it was a screamer !

Dubbed the Baby Blade it was a inline 4 cyl

they still have a big following even here in Thailand

I subscribe to their FB Page called 400 Club Thailand

That CBR400RR was made from 1988 till 2001-ish

55 HP 180kg

Edited by mania

I like cbr400 too mania. Great little bike. Good power. Great for its age an still great for 2013! But hard to find an uncooked one and i do not have time to spend in mechanics.

But i can die for a new tech inline four 400 say it cbr or ninja 400 does not matter:lol:

Edited by loserlazer

The older Japanese 400cc's are actually CDI limited to 55bhp due to Japan's tiered licensing. All the 400's had the same 55 hp amount. They actually can be deristricted for more power.

And no, I don't think they'll be introducing 400cc inline 4's in Thailand. The 400 is important for countries with tiered licensing. The 400's are basically 600cc motors that have been reduced to 400cc. As it pretty much costs the same to make a 400cc or a 600cc engine (not like there's less parts or manufacturing steps) it doesn't make sense not to make the engine 600cc if there's no cc restriction.

The older Japanese 400cc's are actually CDI limited to 55bhp due to Japan's tiered licensing. All the 400's had the same 55 hp amount. They actually can be deristricted for more power.

And no, I don't think they'll be introducing 400cc inline 4's in Thailand. The 400 is important for countries with tiered licensing. The 400's are basically 600cc motors that have been reduced to 400cc. As it pretty much costs the same to make a 400cc or a 600cc engine (not like there's less parts or manufacturing steps) it doesn't make sense not to make the engine 600cc if there's no cc restriction.

I was wondering this, they always used to make small bore rocket ships (VFR400 etc) at least in part to get around the tiered licencing, basically you could ride below the cc limit and still have a very quick bike. But now that they're restricting the hp as well as the cc then we end up with small bore bikes that are also low(ish) power such as this cbr400. No point going to all the trouble of making an awesome inline 4 and then restricting it with the CDI especially in countries where they actually enforce the law and ensure that they are not de-restricted.

In Thailand there's no real need for screaming inline 4 400's (unless they were made here and sold cheaply) since there is no tiered licencing, so you might as well just buy an screaming inline 4 600.

but i think this engine will rev to 9500 rpm unlike 500 cc engine which revs to 9000 rpm.

vfr 4005 redlinee 14500 stock, 15500 with hrc mods.

cbr 400rr redline same.

none of these new hondas appeal to me,

shame the new bikes are so watered down.

but yes, hard to find a good one