Sawadee Sea View Wing B

pepsi666

Has anyone stayed at the above hotel ?

Have you any views on it ?

Cleanliness, hospitality, satate of rooms, bathroom, bedroom (comfy beds) A/C, staff, breakfast or general food/resturant, genral atmosphere

I have seen the pictures on the hotel booking site and a few that Visarun sent me, just like other peoples view on it or how they got on there and what they thought of it

Any replies appreciated :o

Has anyone stayed at the above hotel ?

Have you any views on it ?

Cleanliness, hospitality, satate of rooms, bathroom, bedroom (comfy beds) A/C, staff, breakfast or general food/resturant, genral atmosphere

I have seen the pictures on the hotel booking site and a few that Visarun sent me, just like other peoples view on it or how they got on there and what they thought of it

Any replies appreciated :o

post-21249-1141059956_thumb.jpg

I stayed in the old part of this hotel and it’s OK. On the opposite side of the soy there is a restaurant that doesn’t look like much but produces remarkable good food. Also a restarant with a breakfast buffet downstairs. Close to the beach and not expensive.

thanks for that,

Has anyone got any pictures of the interior of the hotel, roooms etc, they would be appreciated :D

I stayed there last year for around a month and got a room for my son as well later.

The room are quiet big as are the bathroom which has shower and bath.

There was a water shortage in last couple of weeks and the hotel had to get a water truck in most days. The breakfast was basic I'd find some where like Viking suggested. I never ate there, but my room looked down into it and there were a lot of franges eating there.

I went to the Apex for my breakfast it in Soi 11, Second Rd the opposite end from the beach as you come out of Seaview. They have a buffet that you have to check out to beleive and cheap.

We used to go for brunch and pig out.... :o

We had lunch and dinner in Seaview and it was was good.

Staff were good, but there was a change in staff underway as I was leaving.

They don't mind if you bring home a special friend, they ask the friend to leave her Id card which she will get back when she finally leaves.

I'll definetly be staying there on my next trip, which I hope will be in June.

Close to the beach Mike Super Store and easy to get transport in either direction along beach rd or second road.

Hope you have a good stay and maybe give a report or feedback after .

Regards

Wanphen :D

post-21249-1141155236_thumb.jpg

The colours in the rooms - sort of turned me off. Bright Pastels!!! :o

No it’s not a flophouse but it’s not the Sheraton either. I usually look for the 400-600 TBH room since its OK for me with a clean room with a bed and a hot shower. The room was small with the usual fridge and TV with 3 channels and no AC but service was OK.

quite a few mixed views here, but as long as its clean, tidy and has hot water for a shower, and I dont have any of the staff having sticky fingers I'll be happy

Just how dramatic are these pastel colours ?

Anyone got any photos of the interior/exterior ?

When I get back from here, I'll post a few pictures and let you all know my view on the place (it may help others, maybe a good idea for everyone to post pictures and their reviews on a hotel they have stayed at)

I'd be happy to do it from some of the hotels I have stayed at over the past few years

Edited by pepsi666

quite a few mixed views here, but as long as its clean, tidy and has hot water for a shower, and I dont have any of the staff having sticky fingers I'll be happy

http://sawasdeeseaview.th66.com/?p=thai.nu

Dunno how valid these photos are, but..... :o

http://sawasdeeseaview.th66.com/?p=thai.nu

Dunno how valid these photos are, but..... :o

I know they are the ones I saw on that website, they seem okay, but views from people who have stayed thee are a lot more use

It does seem strange they dont have a website or email address though (unless I was told wrongly)

but its all too late now, its already booked :D

Edited by pepsi666

but its all too late now, its already booked :o

chances are, some poor sod has done you a favour.

Who would ever consider staying in a hotel that had part of its building named "wing B"

Sounds like a prison block, and probably just a bleak.

Why dont you "splash out" 1000 baht a night and get something half decent?

Who would ever consider staying in a hotel that had part of its building named "wing B"

The pictures are anything but bleak, and I have already booked it and it cost a bit more than 1000 baht a night

As for the name, there are plenty of weird names out there, that bear nothing to what's actually in there

But as I have been told, all you need is somewhere to stash your trash and crash, theres more to a holiday than a hotel, its a big world out there :D

The pictures are anything but bleak, and I have already booked it and it cost a bit more than 1000 baht a night

As for the name, there are plenty of weird names out there, that bear nothing to what's actually in there

But as I have been told, all you need is somewhere to stash your trash and crash, theres more to a holiday than a hotel, its a big world out there :D

You paid already? :D

You paid already? :D

Yep, but it is supposed to be a suite, WHY ? :D

If you are getting the suite for 1,000 baht per night you are probably getting fair value, particularly if that is the high season price.

The hotel is in a great location and Wing B is relatively new so everything should be in good condition.

If you intend returning to Pattaya for holidays it's always a good idea to look at, and price, as many hotels that you can whilst you are there. That way you will know what is a good deal and who to contact for reservations next time.

I reckon EVERYONE here have given me better advice than any travel agent/shop could have done

It is very much appreciated :D

I have advice on getting from BKK to Pattaya, that ws really appreciated

People have given their views on this hotel, some good, some bad, but its all been really appreciated :D

I'll let YOU all know what it was like (with pictures) :o you can decide if you would stay there

flophouse - yeah right. nice place sure. how snobish-boorish.

but i dont like the company, provides bare minimum value and indifferent staff.

when you get to pattaya spend a day looking round youll find nice places for b600 a night and great monthly rates.

the hotel is in a great location as it is so central but the beach out on soi 10 can be grubby for swimming. the soi is also smelly as sawasdee leaves its trash near the street.

you also might look next door at eastiny inn when you arrive.

Edited by h5n1

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed there (The sawassde) and it werent bad, the rooms were clean, the beds were made everyday, the staff werent a lot of cop at the check in, but I didnt expect that much, we didnt have breakfast though, the eggs looked like the joke plastic ones (probably taste like em as well)

The bar meals were well cheap and tasty, beer was cold and not overpriced

The check in staff were a bit slow and not really intrested, butI didnt really expect 5 star service, the maid was very good, the sheets changed every day, clean towels and little pots of shower gel and tea/coffee topped up each day, cleaned the windows every other day

1 of the air conditioners didnt work too well but that got sorted the following day, so no complaints there

We had breakfast in Greggs kitchen, not a bad place for grub, I have to admit, decent bacon and sausages and a decent cup of coffee

There is a bar below and there always seemed some <deleted> who insisted on trying to sing in the early hours of the morning (he couldnt carry a tune in a bucket)

There were plenty of backpackers who stayed there, they seemed happy with the price they were charged (I thought it was a bit steep)

I'd stay here again

The biggest complaint was there is no pool, but they have a tuk tuk which will take yoiu to their other hotel, but it was full of old geezers who ordered the thai girls round like slaves, ordering them to put their suntan lotion on, fat blokes with thongs, they annoyed me with their attitude towards the girls, we only went once

We were there for the music festival everyone seemed to enjoy oit (I never understood any of it, but what the heck, it was fun (I enjoyeed watching the Tai punks, johnny rotten would have loved them, they were just like him, he couldnt play music either, but they put heart and soul in to it)

The beer WAS cheap over that weekend, we were getting singha or tiger or leo beer for 20 Bht a go and a bloody good meal for 50-60 Bht from the mum and pop stalls and they insisted we try EVERYTHING, it was a great time

We saw 4 accidents while there, and they all seemed to involve bloody 4 wheel drive motors (why do they insist on over taking a bike THEN turning right, dont give the bikes any chance) we helped some poor girl who was getting a hard time from some car driver, it was his fault but he was gobbing off at her, so I stepped in, and then the cops turned up, with the aid of pictures, gestures and a lot of threats to get this bloke to shut up, he got nicked, but it didnt really help the girl who'se face ws grazed up pretty bad and bilke was a right off

Anyway I'm getting off topic, have a look at the pictures, make your own mind up, but I think 1400 for a suite aint bad, there are probably better or cheaper out there, but this is near the beach, near all the shops, a short walk to walking street and a bus ride to and from other places

I have GOT to thank CLAUDIO for putting himself out for us, not sure what happened, but we missed each other at BKK, (I hope we can get it together NEXT time though

NOW i need more advice from YOU good people out there, I'd like to lease a place over there, you know this 30 year lease thing, rather than buy a place out right, can anyone advise me on this (I will be opening a new thread on this, as this topic isnt really the right place

THANKS TO ALL for the advice and comments here

Edited by pepsi666

Just one other thing I meant to mention, WHY ARE the russians so bloody loud and rude and SO impolite and so dam many of them this time, :D

I thought the germans were loud and arrogant (never seen them impolite tho), but the russians could give them a run for their money this time round :o

And tight, , we never saw any of em leave a tip for any of the waitressess or the chair people, and they just waved the vendors away without even looking at the stuff they was flogging, I always have a look and say no thank you, (sometimes I even buy something I dont really need, but these poor sods are trying to earn a crust)

Maybe the are just trying to get used to the freedom, but they arent making many friends with the attitude :D

Just one other thing I meant to mention, WHY ARE the russians so bloody loud and rude and SO impolite and so dam many of them this time, :D

I thought the germans were loud and arrogant (never seen them impolite tho), but the russians could give them a run for their money this time round :D

And tight, , we never saw any of em leave a tip for any of the waitressess or the chair people, and they just waved the vendors away without even looking at the stuff they was flogging, I always have a look and say no thank you, (sometimes I even buy something I dont really need, but these poor sods are trying to earn a crust)

Maybe the are just trying to get used to the freedom, but they arent making many friends with the attitude :D

I know.... :o