How About You, As The Tv Cnx Community, Telling Me What To Do!

rcpilot

After publishing some footage of the newly build Central Festival and the Promenada, my plan is to publish some more random footage of Chiang Mai. Today a short impression of a resort in Mae Rim. Next time I am thinking of Wat Jet Yot but it can be anything what comes on my path. But wait, how about you, as the TV CNX community, telling me what object you want to see from the perspective of a flying bird. No quarantees, no fixed time schedule, but I will try. So please let me know!

• Like 2

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun ThaiBirdEye,

I've enjoyed your videos, thanks ! By the way, a Thai friend tells me there are two Thai idioms somewhat equivalent to "bird's eye view;" PM me if you want me to send you a link that show them (I wouldn't want to pollute this forum with anything related to the actual culture and language of the country we happen to be in, and distract anyone from discussions of fine dining ... for those of you that need to be told: that was a joke).

From an architectural perspective I would enjoy seeing a fly-by, fly-over, of the Dhara Devi, but I recall several years ago, riding inside the Dhara Devi on my bicycle for a look see, while it was still unfinished; I guess whoever was supposed to be "repelling intruders" at the gate was asleep, because I cruised in with no problem, but was soon being chased by three security guards, who (feeling "frisky" that day) I ignored and kept bicycling around the perimeter, non-stop, at high-speed, to the exit.

Perhaps by this time they have their own radar and missile system in place in case of aerial intrusion ?

So, you might want to check at the office, and get permission, should you choose the Dhara Devi for a fly-over. My personal bet would be that you would be denied permission, but, if you show them one of your other videos ... who knows ?

yrs, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37
  • Like 1

Indeed there is at least one Thai guy that has a similar rig to yours (but not nearly as large or high tech as yours) that shows up at events around town. His rig at times flies quite low over the crowd and is a little annoying as the propellers sound like giant mosquitoes buzzing overhead. Another thing that is annoying is when he remotely turns on the light and pans, tilts, whatever around the crowd.

But I really enjoy your videos.

Indeed there is at least one Thai guy that has a similar rig to yours (but not nearly as large or high tech as yours) that shows up at events around town. His rig at times flies quite low over the crowd and is a little annoying as the propellers sound like giant mosquitoes buzzing overhead. Another thing that is annoying is when he remotely turns on the light and pans, tilts, whatever around the crowd.

On the beach, Koh Chang, last year, a very quiet beach, some idiot thought it was cool to fly his r/c plane low over the people paddling close to the shore. Annoying 'cos the kids were playing & you never know when he might lose control. Well, the batteries died sooner than he expected & his plane ended up in the sea. Hilarious cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Yes, good effort. Wat Umong would be good.

How's about go around all the resorts with that on your iPad and negotiate a deal to make them a vid for their homepage? Or, if you've got your own site, bung the videos on there and set up hotel affiliate booking...