Falls Into The "what Were They Thinking" Category. Moto Guzzi

BSJ

Having owned two Cali's I guess I'm well qualified to comment. Personally I find

the Er6 headlamp more disturbing than the tank ... which actually looks ok in shots

two and four, making me think that the pinstriping is the problem. The

"streetfighter" style job in shot four resembles a Kawasaki Eliminator on steroids.

Edited by ThunderDuck

Having owned two Cali's I guess I'm well qualified to comment. Personally I find

the Er6 headlamp more disturbing than the tank ... which actually looks ok in shots

two and four, making me think that the pinstriping is the problem. The

"streetfighter" style job in shot four resembles a Kawasaki Eliminator on steroids.

Oh cum on! I have seen every Guzzi model that has landed in Oz over the last 40+ years and none have had such a styling faux pas as this one does.

what Were They Thinking

Let's corner the homosexual bikeriding market?

Closet gay people prefer Harley Davidson while openly gay people like Vespa's and Ducati's....so says my daughters gay friend that shares her unit. He's a twink and thinks Vespa's are fab. And I don't give a flying fig what anyone sexual preference is, just for the record.

• Like 1

Does make me wonder a bit if the fuel gets heated

I think the fuel would heat up more while parked in the sun?

I would guess it comes down to how hot does that engine get?

I do not see many days with the sun much over 32-35c

Also heat rises so when I first saw the pic it looked like a cave above the heat source

But MG has been around a long time I am sure they have it all sorted

If I was going to get a cruiser (which I'm not) I'd get the new Goldwing F6B. Probably not to everyone's tastes but I think it looks great (for a cruiser).

Honda-GoldWingF6B_Blk.jpg

prefer this too than harleys or guzziz. i really hate to see the engine shaking or bikes handling like a tractor such as a harley or guzzi.

this is modern.

But, i liked the Victory cruisers and tourers at the bike show.

If I was going to get a cruiser (which I'm not) I'd get the new Goldwing F6B. Probably not to everyone's tastes but I think it looks great (for a cruiser).

prefer this too than harleys or guzziz. i really hate to see the engine shaking or bikes handling like a tractor such as a harley or guzzi.

this is modern.

But, i liked the Victory cruisers and tourers at the bike show.

I prefer the Honda too but it looks better in white or cherry red.

Guzzis are one of the best handling bikes and have a really nice strong engine. Ask anyone who`s owned a Le Mans. I just hope they`ve made the clutch manageable.

Guzzis are one of the best handling bikes and have a really nice strong engine. Ask anyone who`s owned a Le Mans. I just hope they`ve made the clutch manageable.

Sure but do their engines shake a lot?

And i m sure they cant hold the road as much as a sport bike right?

Maybe motoguzzi stone.

Sure but do their engines shake a lot?

And i m sure they cant hold the road as much as a sport bike right?

Maybe motoguzzi stone.

Guzzis like the Cafe Racer and Griso aren`t marketed as sports bikes, they`re in the naked street bike class, but would surprise you with their handling and speed, and in the right hands can give a lot of sportsbike riders a shock. The engines don`t shake either, but what you get when you blip the throttle at standstill is a bit of rotational torque movement of the bike because of the engine configuration. Guzzi used to build some fantastic racing bikes including a V8 smile.png

Indeed.

Or you could choose to ride a Honda that has all the character and soul of a sewing machine.

Probably best not to confuse poorly made bikes with dodgy clutches as having 'character and soul', it's normally down to poor engineering.

Why argue about style? That said...

I think the Guzzi looks great - for a cruiser; The Honda F6B gets good reviews but the looks... ew. Looks like a scooter for the obese?! Once I accidentally insulted a Harley rider with a similar looking bike - I didn't really look that closely, asked him what kind of scooter that was... embarrassing on all sides... :P

• Like 1