Web Pages Display Problems

vagabond48

Over the last couple of month or so, I have been having problems displaying pages on sites like cnn, huffington and some of my financial sites. Either they come up extremely slow or just hang. Yet if I use a free VPN like vtunnel, the news sites come up quickly. Besides being a pain, vtunnel doesn't always display the photos associated with a news article and I would never use it to access my financial accounts. I am using firefox 14.1.

I forgot to mention if the site comes up very slowly, it displays the information almost linear, making it harder to read the page.

Edited by vagabond48

I just accessed cnn and it cam up within a few seconds and this time it came up properly. When I tried Huffingtonpost, I got this message "The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." I tried this site a 2nd time and it just hung, so while waiting, I accessed Huffingtonpost via Vtunnel within a few seconds. The stalled site finally came up linear and looked like this,

What you are showing is an intermittent internet issue.

When the page loads text based or laid out wrong like that it means you loaded the web page but not the css style sheet.

Normally a refresh will fix it. Quite common in thailand.

Yeah but as I have written this problem does not occur when I use a Vtunnel a free VPN. When this problem happens, a refresh may still return the same linear results. The mystery I am trying to solve is why when the internet appears to be very slow and I access CNN directly, I may still get the linear page display but when I access CNN via Vtunnel, the page will come up not as slow and with a normal display page. Something doesn't make sense. Note, CNN is just one of several sites with this issue. Edited by vagabond48

What you are showing is an intermittent internet issue.

When the page loads text based or laid out wrong like that it means you loaded the web page but not the css style sheet.

Normally a refresh will fix it. Quite common in thailand.

Agree with innerspace here. That is a css file not loading. The refresh will work in the end (make sure it is a HARD refresh - CTRL+F5) however you might want to look to change your DNS as when you are routing through a VPN you are moving around your ISP's DNS. Here is a link to using the google DNS.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Let us know if this improves the matter.