Homes In Chiang Rai City Average Cost

I am thinking of moving my family to Chiang Rai and have really never looked for a house there before or even a condo.

What would 3 million bath get on the edge of town in a quiet area , I don't want o be in the centr of town. Does any one know of any development in the area?

To ad additional info I only need a place in chiang rai for the kids to go to school because I have a place in chiang Khong so even a 2 bedroom condo would be ok or a big 1 bedroom condo . They would be staying at our house on the weekends in chiang Khong . Can I even get a condo for say 2 million bath ?

Several Condos for under 2 m baht as well as many new housing developments. Yes you could spend way more, but why? There are dozens of options in your price range

That's good to hear as I stated it is just a place to stay during the week for my kids school because there are no schools that I want to send my kids to in chiang Khong . Thanks

To ad additional info I only need a place in chiang rai for the kids to go to school because I have a place in chiang Khong so even a 2 bedroom condo would be ok or a big 1 bedroom condo . They would be staying at our house on the weekends in chiang Khong . Can I even get a condo for say 2 million bath ?

i am not aware of ANY two brm condos in Chiang Rai....the Condotel is CR's oldest and best known condo and it is all studio units....they sell for about 500,000 baht or rent for around 4000 baht....some people do buy two studios next to each other and tear down the wall in between.....there are supposedly some new condos being built but even they don't have two brms i don't think....for 3 million baht you will be able to buy a decent house..or should i say your THAI friend will be able to buy a decent house......a thai friend just bought one for 2 million that is part of a complex near the ymca and is 3 brm 1 bath and not bad......the houses are all very close together in typical thai development style of cram as many units in as possible...