Fixed Line Dsl/docsis On Koh Phangan

Judging from your photo of your location you posted in Photography forum.... you might be a bit off the beaten track .... w00t.gif

Although 3 BB may put in a line and charge "x baht a meter" after a certain distance..

That would be my choice and avoid TOT if you can... wink.png

Judging from your photo of your location you posted in Photography forum.... you might be a bit off the beaten track .... w00t.gif

Although 3 BB may put in a line and charge "x baht a meter" after a certain distance..

the government just paved the road to the hin ngam lookout (much to my chagrin). We are about 2km to the chaloklum bay resort.

I may be willing to sink a line if needs be.

there are a few groups of houses i am sure i could rally and the phone/power lines pass right by so time to organize a group, 3g just wont cut it.

I agree with jimmy. 3BB for sure. The price per metre was not high - but then, a lot of metres?

Foreigners pay one year in advance.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

Line attenuation is very good with new wiring as it is fit for purpose. The only issue with being say 5km from the nearest node is the path taken as it often runs alongside power cables which causes line noise. With this in mind, 3.5km shouldn't be an issue except for the cost per m.

• Like 1

the government just paved the road to the hin ngam lookout (much to my chagrin). We are about 2km to the chaloklum bay resort.

I may be willing to sink a line if needs be.

there are a few groups of houses i am sure i could rally and the phone/power lines pass right by so time to organize a group, 3g just wont cut it.

As an aside to the 3BBB thread...

Candypants... Is it true that the little dirt road to Hin Ngam has been covered with concrete??? ...What a shame...

That used to be my and my wife's favorite place to go to late at night after closing our restaurant ( The CHILL INN )....

2 Big Changs, a bottle of water, a sarong or 2, and we would spend the night there... A magical place... (but the 200 steps to the bottom were sometimes difficult)

yes, they paved it this year. I cant say i like. the dirt track to my house was a sort of darwinian filter -- anyone who could not drive to it was not the kind of tenant we wanted to begin with.

The house also seemed the more impressive for the getting there. thankfully the last 250 meters or so to mine remain unpaved, but that too track is becoming more and more civilized.

the chill inn is no longer open is it? Right at the entrance to paradise? i remember it vaguely when we first started scouting the area. I would hate to think i have been driving by it on the autobahn all these years.

an update, i have just learned they have fixed lin to a small group of houses right behind me, so it is simply a matter of determining which provider they are using and making it happen. wont be much more than a few hundred meters to the property. Sweet

• 1 month later...

Did you get it sorted out and which provider was it? I am looking for long term-ish rental accommodation around Chaloklum (love your neck of woods, been scouting there these last couple of days) but really need reliable broadband. I'm currently living at a place with TOT and while it's good when it works, you just never know when it won't. Right now it doesn't - typing this on AIS EDGE. No idea when it'll come back either...