Isaan Sausage

HansBlinkers

You meana like this?

post-70928-0-50223100-1359885938_thumb.jpost-70928-0-95240400-1359885950_thumb.j

Do yourself a favour and look how they are made. They swing the long sausage around in the air in order to make them balls.

I have an idea on how they're made, but that's not relevant I want to buy them and eat them

You sound like a very hungry man! I tried suggesting you can make them yourself so you can eat your own ballsbiggrin.png .

De groeten.

• Like 1

There used to be a guy selling them at the back of Sanpakoy Market. I don't know if he was there the whole time or still frequents, as this was quite a while ago and it was actually a cart.

But if you can track him down - his were really good.

Where can you get good English style sausage? I find most Western style sausage in Thailand to be mediocre at best.

I buy it from a guy who gets it in bulk in Pattaya. My favourite is Cumberland but there are several varieties.

Isaan sausage is like a bullet in the head. One is enough. Why eat that muck when you can easily get good English style sausage. Or is it that you can't fry or grill?

Eh Because I don't want English style sausages, I want Isaan sausage. They're two completely different things

Isaan sausage is like a bullet in the head. One is enough. Why eat that muck when you can easily get good English style sausage. Or is it that you can't fry or grill?

Having seen what goes in an "english style" sausage, that's pretty ironic...

afaik a proper issan sausage doesn't contain anything worse than an English sausage, just the fermentation process and the herbs give it its sourness & flavour... isn't 'sai krok' just pork, coriander, garlic, fish sauce, kaffir lime, salt... Nothing much that would make it any more of a bullet to the head than most other sausages... ?

There are a few.....esp for Issaan sausage

1- Khun Yai - ร้านคุณยาย ....In front of 7-11 at Nimman (17:00 - midnight) ....very famous

(08 4041 0213, 08 5525 3844....hopefully these numbers are still good)

pSyMHrPsTkmT.jpg

2- also one.....in front of Rimping supermarket

3- another......in Thanin market (on ChangPeark rd) ....this one you have to go between 15:00 - 17:00 for best taste

(next to CurryPuff seller...I think)

Edited by doji
  • Like 1