Old Dirtbike Cost

nellyp

Hi, I see a lot of old dirtbikes (yam Dt, Suzuki Er etc) cica 1980s. I would love to have one of these as I love the look and they look in good nick. Would anybody have any idea of the price of a running one of these (in good condition). Also any draw backs about parts etc. I'm fed up of my sonic (though I prefer it to the auto scooters

Very hard to find one in 'legal' condition, ie with correct Green Book and Tax etc.

I've seen them occasionally on on mocyc dot com, and also on 4x4 dot in dot th or something like that.

Not much around but from what I've seen:

DRZ400 - around 200k

XR650R - around 200k

Most of the others, Japanese and KTM Enduro's don't seem to be properly registered and are between 120 - 250k (so steer clear of these)!

Hope this helps and let us know how you go!

Hi, I see a lot of old dirtbikes (yam Dt, Suzuki Er etc) cica 1980s. I would love to have one of these as I love the look and they look in good nick. Would anybody have any idea of the price of a running one of these (in good condition). Also any draw backs about parts etc. I'm fed up of my sonic (though I prefer it to the auto scooters

Yamaha dt125 was my first geared my bike. It is awasome.

I found one 3 years ago for 10,000 thb. It was running ok put needed sone repairs and cosmetics which was another 10,000 thb.

I do not see one for a long time.

There is a repair shop in my soi where motocross guys are hanging and they quoted 35 k for a kawa 250 cc in good condition but did not ask the plate.

Edited by loserlazer

Since you are looking for a dirt bike then i dont see a need to worry about registering it. Unless it was/is made/sold in thailand parts will be your biggest concern. Lots of these bikes on http://www.dirttrackthai.com/ and can be lots of fun.

^^ True True, if it will only used off-road.

And also, many of the ads on mocyc seem to be by shops that are selling several bikes (ie. they have equipment and supplies etc.), and they are located in different parts of the country - which may help.

Yamaha dt125 was my first geared my bike. It is awasome.

I found one 3 years ago for 10,000 thb. It was running ok put needed sone repairs and cosmetics which was another 10,000 thb.

I do not see one for a long time.

There is a repair shop in my soi where motocross guys are hanging and they quoted 35 k for a kawa 250 cc in good condition but did not ask the plate.

If I use it for the road I will probably need to spend more money. I only really want to 20,000 for one (it will be old). If I can find the parts I will be able to do it up myself. Ideally I want an old one anyway. I just love the look of them and will have had a few before