Chalerm Proposes Curfew For Deep South

webfact

Gov't mulls curfew in at-risk southern areas

By Digital Media

20130206170019.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 6 – Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung said today that curfews will possibly be imposed at dusk in some areas in Thailand’s deep South which have been repeated targets of militant attacks.

He cited Krong Pinang and Yaring in the southernmost province of Yala as two districts where curfews will be necessary as part of security measures to protect the public.

newsjs

Mr Chalerm was referring to the murder of four fruit vendors in Krong Pinang district by a group of gunmen on Tuesday.

The assailants stormed into a hut in the district and killed the four natives of Rayong province who travelled South to buy fruit for resale in Rayong.

Mr Chalerm said the attackers meant to instigate unrest in the South.

He said the authorities in charge of southern security will meet Friday to map clear-cut measures to deal with the southern insurgency. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-02-06

Chalerm proposes curfew for deep South

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung Wednesday vowed to push for the use of curfew in some dangerous areas of the violence-plagued deep South.

He recommended that when the curfew was imposed, locals were barred from travelling at night.

Chalerm said he would raise the issue at the upcoming meeting of a committee on policies and strategies towards the end of unrest in the southern border provinces. The meeting will take place next Friday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-06

Theyll just change to attacks during the day. Security will be resting after enforcing the curfew during the night.

Its not like anyone actually catches them anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How exactly is a curfew supposed to detour terrorists from continuing their bombings and killings?...Is Chalerm so full of himself that he actually believes this is a solution to the problem?

He IS so full of himself and his BRIGHT ideas, the man, who called a certain news reporter "A SL*****T for digging TO DEEP into a certain matter in AVOIDANCE of LOSING FACE"...

In our common sense terms, what Chalerm is proposing, is "to punish the innocent civilians who are out at night during curfew time, whether innocent or not, children, teenagers, innocent women won't matter, whether their circumstances were emergencies or not, doesn't matter, just treat EVERYONE in the South LIKE A TERRORIST and shoot-silence them to death....."

• Like 2

How exactly is a curfew supposed to detour terrorists from continuing their bombings and killings?...Is Chalerm so full of himself that he actually believes this is a solution to the problem?

He IS so full of himself and his BRIGHT ideas, the man, who called a certain news reporter "A SL*****T for digging TO DEEP into a certain matter in AVOIDANCE of LOSING FACE"...

In our common sense terms, what Chalerm is proposing, is "to punish the innocent civilians who are out at night during curfew time, whether innocent or not, children, teenagers, innocent women won't matter, whether their circumstances were emergencies or not, doesn't matter, just treat EVERYONE in the South LIKE A TERRORIST and shoot-silence them to death....."

Spot on Max...It continues to amaze me how people or politicians in particular deal with problems here...and that is they avoid them like the plague and dream up some moronic idea in which they truly believe that the majority of the public believes that what they appear to be doing is actually constructive

Okay, I mean...I know, we are all supposed to laugh about this, but it seems to be a first step.

Of course others have to follow, but so far, this is the first one and only halfway sensible thing I have heard from the governments side on this subject!

And before you slap me: please note...I said "first step" and "others have to follow"!

The rubber tappers usually start work @ 02:00......... another well thought out plan from a prize Charlie.................

Wait in 2 days he get the idea: "curfew only for terrorists", that also makes it easier if you raid any houses, because the terrorists are at home.

.....Actually it is well known that Chalerm has a bit of a problem with "ear medicine".....

• Like 1

He is full of ear medicine more than likely at least 80 proof.

Some times I think I know what my old boss in Canada meant when he said room temperature IQ.

• Like 1

'Mr Chalerm said (Tuesday's) attackers meant to instigate unrest in the south.'

If that was their intention they're a little late.

Next headline: 'Man And Wife Arrested For Taking Stroll While Insurgents Abide By Curfew'

OK that was over the top funny unfortunately if Chalerm gets his way it might become a truth. Does any one know how many of the killings are done during the day. I know the teachers are being shot during the day.

• Like 1

This Thai southern problem, would have to be a text book example of how not to handle the problem. At least Thailand is good for something other than bar fines.

..So let him go down there and explain his proposals as the Minister in Charge to his Thai compatriots. I am sure he would receive quite a reception from the locals who would agree to resolve the matter within 90 days.