Thai Children Prone To Obesity, High Cholesterol

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to limit the amount of crap that my 7 year old eats. It's a battle though, her Mother actually thinks that she is being good to her child by bringing home loads of sweet fatty cakes, milkshakes and cookies.

At least I've managed to replace the sweet condensed milk on sweet white bread with honey on wholemeal. A small step, but at least in the right direction.

Good you are TRYING to do your little bit to help. But sorry -why not TRY telling your wife, seriously and firmly that she is being cruel to your child. You seem to be in the modern trend of condoning-like to keep the peace ???? If your child suffers as a result of being shovelled down LOADS of fatty cakes ,you will have to suffer the guilt. only trying to help thoughwink.png

And be in a constant argument with not only your family but whole village.You need eyes in the back of your head mate.Thai's know best!!!!

If Thais know best, o.k. up to you. I can see who is not wanting to rock the boat. any excuse to keep the peace. I was being honest with my post. Maybe my family had a different attitude to matters like this, Watch em all get fatter, then you won't have constant arguments with family and (VILLAGE) who the hell cares about the village when my childs heath could be at stake. (only trying to help) Edited by ginjag

Play a round of golf, walking not using a cart. 200 calories burned off. Take a shower and change clothes, walk into the bar. Order a pint of beer. 200 calories. Back to square one.

My kind of day.

Play a round of golf, walking not using a cart. 200 calories burned off. Take a shower and change clothes, walk into the bar. Order a pint of beer. 200 calories. Back to square one.

My kind of day.

And not a real problem if you are not trying to loose weight.

“Thai children prefer sweet, fat and salty food. Worse than that, they eat less fruit and exercise little,”

It's the old "we're different" thing again. Thai children are different to others, so there's nothing we can do about it... But pretty much ALL kids love to eat sweet, salty and fatty foods (as well as a lot of adults). The difference is in how they are brought up.

Parents can control their children's eating habits, at least to a reasonable extent, but only if they make an effort to. If they choose to let their kids decide what to eat, and give them lots of money to take to school each day to buy crap, then it is their own fault that their kids' health is at risk. I have 2 young kids, who also love sweet, fatty foods. I make sure that they get some, as treats. Otherwise they eat pretty healthily - sometimes reluctantly, but hey, being a parent is about making some decisions for them.

“Thai children prefer sweet, fat and salty food. Worse than that, they eat less fruit and exercise little,”

It's the old "we're different" thing again. Thai children are different to others, so there's nothing we can do about it... But pretty much ALL kids love to eat sweet, salty and fatty foods (as well as a lot of adults). The difference is in how they are brought up.

Parents can control their children's eating habits, at least to a reasonable extent, but only if they make an effort to. If they choose to let their kids decide what to eat, and give them lots of money to take to school each day to buy crap, then it is their own fault that their kids' health is at risk. I have 2 young kids, who also love sweet, fatty foods. I make sure that they get some, as treats. Otherwise they eat pretty healthily - sometimes reluctantly, but hey, being a parent is about making some decisions for them.

Vegetables are better than fruit as fruits contain differing amounts of fructose that should be limited and you are wrong to deny them fats as they are extremely important in the diet.

There is a total misnomer about fats that not many people are aware about. Fats from seeds, nuts, avocados and virgin olive oil (should not be used for hot cooking) and organic virgin coconut oil especially are some of the best things that you can eat!!

The things that are bad for you are simple carbohydrates such as bread (even whole wheat), white rice and white potatoes plus vegetable oils, soft drinks - including bottled and cartons of fruit drinks and literally ANYTHING that say's 'healthy', diet, 'low fat' and 'low or no sugar' on the label.

• Like 1