Even The Doc Gets Nailed!

PoolDoctor

Several months ago, the multiport valve on my sand filter stuck, and wouldn't budge. I then tried to unbolt it off the filter and disassemble and clean. Loh and behold, one of the retaining bolts snapped due to rust / age, and I was left with a perfectly useless filter. As it was approaching cold season, I just let the pool go. To keep mosquitos down, I dumped in granular chlorine intermittently for 3 months or so.

Finally got around to changing the filter, and after draining the pool - bam. NO grout, and LOTS of lifting tiles. Here is a picture. dam_n. I myself went against everything that we preach here. Lol. I feel like that medical doctor who scolds his patients, but if you look closely, you can see his nicotine fingers!

Moral of the story - stay away from granular chlorine! Its not so painful for me to fix, as my guys are employees, but this could be a significant cost for any homeowner.

Picture here.

Gil

post-103402-0-18462000-1360300789_thumb.

• 3 months later...

Its not so painful for me to fix, as my guys are employees, but this could be a significant cost for any homeowner

Is the reason for that because ridiculous markup's are charged by Pool companies in Pattaya ?

Dear Doctor,biggrin.png I told you sand filters are nothing but trouble, throw it away and buy a simple cartridge filter, all plastic, no complicated valves, easy peasy lemon squeezy lasts 10 years easy.

Being a Doctor with a Phd in pools, perhaps you should have thought of using a temporary pump to keep the water moving. Go down to Global buy a 700 baht submersible pump and a 10m length of vacuum hose, chuck the pump in one end and attach the other end to the side of the pool. Aerate the water too.

I love the topic title, not to mention the one you have a warded yourself cheesy.gif