Home Inspector- Any Recommendations?

jeffandgop

Does anyone have any experience with any home inspector in CM that they'd recommend? I am looking at single family homes and want to find someone capable to do a complete inspection of the structural integrity, electrical, plumbing, roof, flooding potential, termites/pests, etc. to understand the house condition and faults before I buy.

Thanks for your feedback.

biggrin.png

You are basically on your own when it comes to buying secondhand houses

in Thailand,

You need to use your eyes and brain, look for cracks,termites,they are easy to

spot, if the house is over a certain age,always best to get it rewired,ask the

neighbors about flooding issues in that area,its all going to be up to you,if you

are not 100% sure of what you are doing, renting maybe the better option for

you,there are many pitfalls when buying houses in Thailand,been a Farang the

main one is you will NEVER own it, Caveat emptor defiantly applies.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

If I was in cm I would help u but I am in Bkk I did it many times in Canada for insurance companies before they would insure I checked the electrical boilers heating systems cooling systems plumbing . But thai standards are not the same here. So take a good look at every thing open up walls if you have to check. the drainage system out side the tanks for water pump

Important to look for mold in the walls from flooding if you have drywall ceiling look up in side to see for mold rats bugs

Good luck

• Like 1

Chiang Mai is not Kansas Dorothy!

Just goes to show us that there is always someone out there with an opinion or an unwelcome remark no better than a hemorrhoid on a Munchkins ass.

seems you don't like facts. that's ok... keep on dreaming.

Just goes to show us that there is always someone out there with an opinion or an unwelcome remark no better than a hemorrhoid on a Munchkins ass.

Sure I like facts- that's what I asked for but you didn't provide any. I have lived and worked here off and on for 25 years. I know what I'm getting into.

Sure I like facts- that's what I asked for but you didn't provide any. I have lived and worked here off and on for 25 years. I know what I'm getting into.

Maybe it is important to Naam to remember the fact that he is not in Kansas any more. That is the reason he dosen't have Toto any more.

All I know is that a friend of mine told me that wall paper is a sure sign of mold either all ready there or things to come. As for electrical unless it has been recently redone I would say it should be redone.

My two satong worth.

A lot of sellers will consider renting an option, in which case try renting for a year and you ought to get a good idea if the place is worth buying.

Allways seeing how a rainy season might effect the property is a good idea.

Iain

Yep, a western friend owns a house in Pattaya for sale or rent, photos in the windows of several agencies.

Owner was at the house supervising some repairs, an Ixxxxx gentlemen came in and said, 'I might be interested to buy your house but i'd like to live in it first for 6 months, free, to see if I like it, when can I move in?'

Edited by scorecard