Road Potholes Hotline?

artbottomup

Does anyone have a phone number for the local That Phanom/Renu Nakhon city office that is responsible for village road repairs? The road to our home has more holes than pavement and I'm talking dangerously large and deep ones. A road crew came by a couple years ago and just threw some dirt in the potholes instead of repaving. Of course with the traffic including large trucks hauling dirt/rock/sand & the rainy season, the holes reappeared instantly. It's just a matter of time before an accident occurs since there is no way to avoid the holes now. My wife has been calling the government hotline in Bangkok for the past 3 years to no avail. The representatives have always told her that they'd forward the information to the responsible party in Nakhon Phanom. Right!!! They can't even provide her a direct phone number to call locally.

Edited by artbottomup

You have to be positive and think positive about this sort of situation. Find out who is responsible for road repairs in your area. You say it is a village road. Therefore it is probably the responsibility of your local authority. Then you have to go and visit these people. They will ask you to fill in a form and draw a map on this form showing clearly where the road damage is. Waste of time calling them except if you know the Head Engineer's name.

I live in the Ubon city council area. Whenever a pot hole develops on my road outside my house I pop down to the engineer's office and fill in the form and draw a map. Usually it takes two days to get the repairs done. The same with a large tree outside my place that needed topping. They did this and cleared up the branches.

A few weeks later I always receive a letter from them thanking me for bringing these things to their attention and asking me to inform them every time something like this needs to be done.

Good luck.

By the way, I was up in Renu Nakhon a few weeks ago and I must admit the roads were not in good shape. I guess locals must not complain in your area.

The strange thing is some very minor concrete roads near my place leading only to small villages or temples get repaired more often than important tarmac highways carrying fast-moving traffic.

Road thing is difficult, main roads come under one department where they pass through an Amphor, it's the Amphors responsibility etc.

When the local budget for roads is gone or used to give good roads to people that matter, then repairs come to a stop.

The dirt roads to one of our rubber plantations was impassable. had to get together with the other plantations and hire a tractor to fix it. On another plantation tractor from the local Government comes every year to fix it. One of the plantation owners there was a district Governor. jim