Hotels In Pattaya Advice

wozza

I am going to Pattaya for a weekend with my Thai wife and looking for recomendations for hotels

I have lived in Patong for a while and I would like to stay in the area near the night life (walking distance ) I have heard so much about this place but I dont know about the layout of this city and I would like to have a look ,I suppose to compare with Patong

need not to be a 5 star just handy to the bars at a reasonable price

And book thru a hotel web booking site or direct to the hotel is better?

Cheers

try the areca lodge on soi dianna inn, very reasonably priced and a great breakfast included has 2 pools and a gym and very handy to night life.

www.arecalodge.com

Areca is a good hotel but maybe just a little far out if you want to be drinking down Walking Street.....................Welcome Plaza Hotel would be another good choice and a bit closer also has the added benefit of having the Royal Garden shopping complex directly over the road (fast food joints etc.).........you can also cut through the Royal Garden to get to beach road and from there its a short walk or baht bus trip to Walking St.

http://www.welcome.co.th/wplaza.htm

Areca is a good hotel but maybe just a little far out if you want to be drinking down Walking Street.....................Welcome Plaza Hotel would be another good choice and a bit closer also has the added benefit of having the Royal Garden shopping complex directly over the road (fast food joints etc.).........you can also cut through the Royal Garden to get to beach road and from there its a short walk or baht bus trip to Walking St.

I concur....

:o

Welcome to the Hotel Welcome Plaza

Such a lovely place

Such a lovely place

Such a lovely face

Plenty of room at the Hotel Welcome Plaza

Any time of year

Any time of year

You can find it here

You can find it here

:D

I concur....

:o

Welcome to the Hotel Welcome Plaza

Such a lovely place

Such a lovely place

Such a lovely face

Plenty of room at the Hotel Welcome Plaza

Any time of year

Any time of year

You can find it here

You can find it here

:D

Is this place guest friendly no joiner fees??

I am going to Pattaya for a weekend with my Thai wife and looking for recomendations for hotels

I have lived in Patong for a while and I would like to stay in the area near the night life (walking distance ) I have heard so much about this place but I dont know about the layout of this city and I would like to have a look ,I suppose to compare with Patong

need not to be a 5 star just handy to the bars at a reasonable price

And book thru a hotel web booking site or direct to the hotel is better?

Cheers

Take a look at the BAY BREEZE HOTEL on Soi Honey Inn. It's not close to "Walking Street" but all the night life is not only on Walking Street! Besides - for the huge fee of 5 or 10 baht you can be any where you want to be by using the baht bus.

The Bay Breeze is within walking distance of at least two malls and lots of bars and restaurants. Normal stuff like A/C, HW, pool, safety box in room, private toilet/tub, etc. (New elevator.)

Contact Bay Breeze by e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]. Tel no. (038) 428383-4, 429137,421314.

I tried Welcome Plaza on the recommendation from postive hotel review but I was very disappointed with the hotel. It looks nice from the outside but inside I was very disappointed. The rooms were old and smelly and in bad need of renovation. I found cockroaches in my room, got caught inside the elevator for over an hour, food was overpriced and disappointing. It was very noisy from the bars in the front of the hotel and you'll get woken up 7:30 from the school back of the hotel with the loudspeakers blasting. They promised a good room but gave me a dump no one wanted. I don't recommend it but it's up to you.

Edited by Gary74

I tried Welcome Plaza on the recommendation from postive hotel review but I was very disappointed with the hotel. It looks nice from the outside but inside I was very disappointed. The rooms were old and smelly and in bad need of renovation. I found cockroaches in my room, got caught inside the elevator for over an hour, food was overpriced and disappointing. It was very noisy from the bars in the front of the hotel and you'll get woken up 7:30 from the school back of the hotel with the loudspeakers blasting. They promised a good room but gave me a dump no one wanted. I don't recommend it but it's up to you.

I expect a one off, extremely great value for a low price. I stay there all the time, granted its a bit old (time for renovation), but the suites are clean, and staff is exceptional.

-never bother w/brekkie or eating there, however prices seemed reasonable for a hotel.

-never seen any crawlies running around either, not one in years.

It's central, inexpensive, and clean - what else do you want? :o

Stayed at Welcome Plaza, tatty, old and mostly chinese package tourists.

It's always hyped up by the travel desk's at BKK airport, so ther'e getting a

fat commission ... guess why !

LG Metro

Areca Lodge

Dynasty inn

Royal Twins

Naka :o

bay breeeze is nice, not too expensive, soi 11, across from the "good everything bar" just north of mike shopping mall. 7-11 on the corner. it's the next building on the soi. (~ 800 bt). small pool 3rd floor, decent coffee shop/restaurant. internet/travel agency, laundry, dead across from the lobby.

very convenient, nice staff.

if you live in patpong, you may enjoy the penthouse hotel. pattayaland II, middle of the block.

rooms start at ~8-900 bt. most are more- you want a dance pole? sex swing? hot tub? you get the picture.

you're a block from walking street. 7-11 on the corner of beach rd. food carts, restaurants, discos etc

all up and down the soi.

good staff, decent coffeeshop.

tg

Intown Holiday too for theft!!! :o

The Intown is my standby hotel. I've never stayed there but like the look of the rooms.

Can you elaborate more on the type, method and magnitude of the alleged theft.

Hotel Staff! (porters were the likely suspect) Granted after that experience knew better to leave anything of value in my room. (safe deposit box all the way after that) A few other mates had stuff nicked as well. I've also heard this from other people too. :D Not to mention hotel clerks tended to give out wrong keys on numerous occasions. :D

Edited by britmaveric