Security Tightened Ahead Of Yingluck's Chiang Mai Visit Following Terrorism Reports

webfact

I drove by the consulate today.... there were armoured vehicles sitting nearby the consulate and I spotted a couple of men armed with automatic weapons across the road. So, I would guess they are somewhat serious about the threat....or at least it's a good excuse to get out the toys.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I drove by the consulate today.... there were armoured vehicles sitting nearby the consulate and I spotted a couple of men armed with automatic weapons across the road. So, I would guess they are somewhat serious about the threat....or at least it's a good excuse to get out the toys.

The Thai government seems serious, that's for sure.

Anyway tomorrow PM Yingluck's trip to the province starts. I wish all members in ChiangMai and around a safe, good and traffic free weekend smile.png

Edited by rubl

First, let me assert that I have never seen so much baseless, completely fact-free, and rediculous speculation on Thai Visa (Thai Visa!) in over 3 years of observation.

Nobody contributing here can possibly know the full security condition or status of the consulate in question, either with regard to physical defenses or present personnel.

Nobody can possibly know the nature of intelligence reports, either raw data or its interpretations. We can but wildly guess. I for one assume the security/military apparatus to be good and powerful, for they are dedicated to protecting that which is important here - stability as it relates to the powers that be.

And anyway, is anyone here going to represent that full transparency is assured with gov't announcements? Ever?

It is nonsensical to speculate about these matters and moreover, I am not scheduled to go to the consulate for a long time, so that fact alone should be relaxing for us all - not that I ever speculate.biggrin.png

• 1 month later...

First I heard of Al Qaeda put code names on their ops.

They've done it for decades.

*sorry if that's redundant - use stumbled across the above post while doing an unrelated search and haven't read the whole thread.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap