Lee Chestnutt Free To Leave Thailand After Dispute

webfact

An eye opener to say the least.

Regarding insurance, what are the reputable insurance companies, and what can you expect to pay?

Insurance is only as good as the company backing it.

Stay away from vìriyah. We had a pick stolen. They refused to pay, we took them to court and won, they still would not pay, took them to court 2nd time, won again and still no payment. Ì gave up like they wanted me too. But they are good for accidents but they will not pay if vehicle stolen. They used to give farang discounts but even if free viriyah is no good.

This country does not seem to realize the level of intelligence is small to zero. A farang criminally minded person will go for years without getting caught here. Chiefly due to lack of forensic capabilities and relevant competent departments. One day these people will start going missing in large numbers, forget Darmer, Gacey, Bundy, they will look like school children if the wrong person gets rubbed up the wrong way. They do not seem to realize treating people the way they do will one day set of a ticking time bomb in some twisted mind. I also would not surprise me if the BIB starts to go missing around the country.

Jeez you American by any chance? Edward Woodward

Let's see if they can actually leave. They may face overstay problems.

No overstay as a legal dispute and he was blocked from leaving

I bet he still has to pay the 20,000bht overstay fine.

Nothing reported on Lee regarding this, but his Singaporean partner who was in exactly the same situation has to cough up the max 20000 Baht overstay fine.

This country does not seem to realize the level of intelligence is small to zero. A farang criminally minded person will go for years without getting caught here. Chiefly due to lack of forensic capabilities and relevant competent departments. One day these people will start going missing in large numbers, forget Darmer, Gacey, Bundy, they will look like school children if the wrong person gets rubbed up the wrong way. They do not seem to realize treating people the way they do will one day set of a ticking time bomb in some twisted mind. I also would not surprise me if the BIB starts to go missing around the country.

One day a rain is gonna come down.....................

Let's see if they can actually leave. They may face overstay problems.

No overstay as a legal dispute and he was blocked from leaving

I bet he still has to pay the 20,000bht overstay fine.

Nothing reported on Lee regarding this, but his Singaporean partner who was in exactly the same situation has to cough up the max 20000 Baht overstay fine.

I thought this might happen.

And this was covered by the BBC? ...

That's a tough question to answer, unless one possesses some general knowledge, for example the knowledge that

1. the first B in BBC stands for "British"
  2. the town of Pilling, Lancashire, where Lee Chestnutt hails from, according to he quoted news article, is in Great Britain

Is the penny dropping?

• Like 1

Why would anyone rent from Thai landlords? I never did, not once.

Yeah, it's all their own fault. Why would anyone rent from Thai landlords in Thailand? Fancy that, the stupidity of them.

You're so clever. I wish I was as clever as you.

• Like 1

Loss of face, yes, but surely the loss of money in persuing this case will rankle considerably as it was money he was after. I sure hope Lee and his buddy use their heads and if not persue compensation through the courts, fully expose this lowlife and the system that allows his kind to prosper. This racket may already have proven success. I can imagine the scenario whereby "pay me 1.5 million or I'm going to the cops, I used to be a cop and have very powerful friends." Victim is scared into making an offer and so it goes. I reckon the landscum believed it would never get near a court and he'd get a few hundred thou in his pocket.

Edited by chrisrazz
  • Like 2