Dolphin Bay

leisurely

What;s it like. We have two girls and are thinking of coming down for a weekend. I understand it is very child friendly which would be good. I just can't get an unbiased opinion. Mind you, that is what opinions are......................... :o

My wife and I spent several days here this past May,and although we do not have children , there were many families there with children from infants to teenagers all seemed to be having a nice time. The resort has 2 large pools and is across the road from the beach, aside from that there is very little else close by. A side trip to Sam Roi Yhot Park is fun also you can rent a fishing boat with driver for a trip over to Monkey Island the kids should enjoy feeding the many monkeys that come down to the beach as soon as you arrive. The resort certainly rates a satisfactory rating in every area rooms, restaurant, etc. I would recommend the Bungalow rooms. Good value for the money I will return again.

My wife and I spent several days here this past May,and although we do not have children , there were many families there with children from infants to teenagers all seemed to be having a nice time. The resort has 2 large pools and is across the road from the beach, aside from that there is very little else close by. A side trip to Sam Roi Yhot Park is fun also you can rent a fishing boat with driver for a trip over to Monkey Island the kids should enjoy feeding the many monkeys that come down to the beach as soon as you arrive. The resort certainly rates a satisfactory rating in every area rooms, restaurant, etc. I would recommend the Bungalow rooms. Good value for the money I will return again.

Know it well. Very good value for money. Very quiet ideal for family everything shuts around 9 pm no bars (i mean none) beach is nice not spectacular seems many family's stay there. Accom clean and have nice pools (salt) swings, pool table, hairdressers, bikes etc etc. If you have a car it is more enjoyable as it is remote. The staff can be very slow in the 'restaurant' and need to smile more but the food is good and have lots of 'English' food.

• 2 weeks later...

Dolphin Bay resort is great if you want to get away from it all. We were there during low season, so very quiet and relaxing. Beds are a bit too hard for me and the thai food we had was not that good, but overall we enjoyed it very much. Nice cool and peaceful massage room.

They have a really good breakfast buffet. Also, Adanac Resort down the road, has thai food and pizza if the owner is in residence. I believe they are there only six months of the year.

Beachbunny

• 2 weeks later...
I read on another site that Dolphin was for sale (40.000.000 baht) and renovations are taken place.

Was that an old advertisement or is it currently taking place?

That is a smaller resort that is for sale.

http://www.manoraproperty.com/pview.php?view=408

Around 1.5 Rai and 20 rooms

Not to be confused with the Dolphin Resort as it is not for sale.

http://www.dolphinbayresort.com/The_Rooms.asp

It is 72 rooms on 6.5 Rais

By the way, the land alone is worth 40 million Baht and with the buildings included, more than double that. We were involved with the acquisition several years ago and the appraisal by the bank.

The confusion is the previous owner built the smaller resort and then this one. The designs are very much the same

The mgr William of Dolphin Resort is a great guy, he has lived in Thailand 16 years and speaks perfect Thai.

www.sunbeltasia.com