One Night In Bangkok

sirchai

Hello,

I posted this here, as I'm pretty sure that some members know Bangkok and some locations better than I do. here's my "problem."

I've got an appointment at my embassy Monday morning. Then I'll have to find a hotel that's not too far TCT ( Kurusapa), cause i want to check which documents they want to see to extend my work permit, visa etc....

The hotel shouldn't be on the other end of Bangkok, or let's say not too far away from aeeh a place to make some sightseeing. Living here for over ten years and not knowing Patpong and similar places makes me wonder if I shouldn't give it a try.

Any suggestions will be appreciated Wish you all a great weekend.---wai.gif .

WHy the heck cant you simply provide FULL info. WHat embassy? Where? And thats supposed to be a teacher (as its kru, nah?)?

Kru Sapa is NOT at all near that maligned lower Sukh-its in Pra Nakorn, pretty close by Khao Sarn in fact, in Dusit area. It has its own lodging-mainly for Thai teachers, and there is a decent normal lower-mid-class HTL, again mainly aimed at Thai across the road (Prachathipathai=democracy). The KSR bekpek area is just 10-12 mins walk away and very well situated for the NORMAL non TV-girlie sights BKK has to offer to the general tourist

Have you looked at the locker on Khaosan it's not got any facilities and is in fact a locker to store luggage but you can sleep in them too as there is a latch on the inside of the locker door. I don't believe they have a policy which doesn't allow prostitues to also stay over, it's only 80 baht a night.

(tip) Bring your own bottle of water as because officially it's a locker to store luggage this is not provided for guests.

WHy the heck cant you simply provide FULL info. WHat embassy? Where? And thats supposed to be a teacher (as its kru, nah?)?

Kru Sapa is NOT at all near that maligned lower Sukh-its in Pra Nakorn, pretty close by Khao Sarn in fact, in Dusit area. It has its own lodging-mainly for Thai teachers, and there is a decent normal lower-mid-class HTL, again mainly aimed at Thai across the road (Prachathipathai=democracy). The KSR bekpek area is just 10-12 mins walk away and very well situated for the NORMAL non TV-girlie sights BKK has to offer to the general tourist

Doesn't matter which embassy, as I already have an appointment there early morning. Just wanted to know where some good places are. Don't really like Khaosan Rd.

But thanks for the info.

Have you looked at the locker on Khaosan it's not got any facilities and is in fact a locker to store luggage but you can sleep in them too as there is a latch on the inside of the locker door. I don't believe they have a policy which doesn't allow prostitues to also stay over, it's only 80 baht a night.

(tip) Bring your own bottle of water as because officially it's a locker to store luggage this is not provided for guests.

Your intelligence is amazing.....bah.gif

So are you asking for a Hotel in the Lower Sukhumvit area, maybe near the junction with Asoke Rd?

Would like to stay at a hotel not too far away from TCT.

Not a too expensive hotel. What's the area called???

Edited by sirchai

Looking at agoda.com, there's not much coming up in that area. This looks like the best bet if being close to TCT is imperative.

Royal Princess Larn Luang Hotel

269 Larn Luang Rd.

Watsommanut,

Pomprab,

Khaosan / Grand Palace,

Bangkok, Thailand 10100

£34/night.

This one is even closer... like walking distance.

Baan Tepa Boutique House

245/1 Soi 9 Sri Ayutthaya Rd.

Dusit,

Khaosan / Grand Palace,

Bangkok, Thailand 10300

£22/night

Otherwise, I will be in the Nana parking lot.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Looking at agoda.com, there's not much coming up in that area. This looks like the best bet if being close to TCT is imperative.

Royal Princess Larn Luang Hotel

269 Larn Luang Rd.

Watsommanut,

Pomprab,

Khaosan / Grand Palace,

Bangkok, Thailand 10100

£34/night.

This one is even closer... like walking distance.

Baan Tepa Boutique House

245/1 Soi 9 Sri Ayutthaya Rd.

Dusit,

Khaosan / Grand Palace,

Bangkok, Thailand 10300

£22/night

Otherwise, I will be in the Nana parking lot.

Thanks a lot.--wai.gif

I have heard it all now.

• Like 1

I have heard it all now.

+1.

Centre Point on wireless road, just down the street from the US Embassy.

Nice rooms but crap breakfast.

Must be "American breakfast" then.w00t.gif Will stay at Royal Princess as they have a pool and I'm near the TCT. Thanks a lot for your help.

Honestly I don't like to stay at your place. Please stay inside, there's already too much trash on the roads.coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai