Thai Men Assault Drunk Scottish Teacher In Nakhon

Lite Beer

............'troublemakers'...........?????

............this is one sick place.................

(I and my daughters are basically being held hostage after my wife took eveything I had......if you ask why I am still here)

.........I can abandon my daughters.......or get sick and die.....or be bumped off ......as I have been told....

• Like 1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being blind drunk makes anyone more vulnerable to attack and other sorts of trouble, ipso facto you decrease your chances of getting in some kinds of trouble by not being blind drunk.

Whether the risk is excessive will depend on a variety of factors - how drunk are you, where are you, what time is it, who are you with etc.

To say that a victim had exposed themselves to an excessive risk is to say just that - they Exposed Themselves To An Excessive Risk - nothing else, nothing to read between the lines, no blaming, just stating a fact.

Imagine a person walking around with his wallet hanging half out of his back pocket. Does he deserve to be robbed? No. Is he asking to be robbed? Is he to blame if he does get robbed? Well actually in this example some would say he is "asking to get robbed" (that's a figure of speech) and they wouldn't get attacked over that opinion as they do for a similar rape example.

For those who seem to favour the victim as perpetrator herein let me paint a picture. You [presumably a man] are leaving a bar [or restaurant] you've been drinking, [why not?], and you are attacked and owing to the drink [allegedly] unable to protect your self. Perhaps you are smashed into the bonnet of a car, nose or teeth broken, dazed even maybe semi-concious and are then sodomised by this gang.

Will you the take the view that you were "asking for it", or "stupid", or "provocative" or ...

I wonder.

Is the hypothetical scene London or Bangkok?

Being blind drunk or not, isn't rape a horrendous crime?

You have to ask? Oh dear.

Well judging by some of the posts above Harry, yes it does need to be asked. If the girl was drunk, wearing skimpy clothes or whatever, it is still a terrible thing that will stay with this girl for maybe the rest of her life. Get it?

• Like 1

Well judging by some of the posts above Harry, yes it does need to be asked. If the girl was drunk, wearing skimpy clothes or whatever, it is still a terrible thing that will stay with this girl for maybe the rest of her life. Get it?

Which post? Which part of the post suggests that rape is less/not horrendous when the victim is drunk. Quote that part of the post, please.

Which post? Which part of the post suggests that rape is less/not horrendous when the victim is drunk. Quote that part of the post, please.

Did I say YOUR post???

Sick, sick, sick.

Lets hope the BIB nails these scum to the barn door.

Seeing as it is an international incident, this is more likely to happen.

Granted some tourist marketers would prefer gang rape were hushed up,

but that cat is out of the bag and running free.

A 20 year old English teacher???? What qualifications could she have at that age? Anyway, I hope this is not brushed under the carpet, I expect to hear more about this, and what happens to the filthy scum when/if they are caught.

Not sure about you,

but to me 20 is 2 years out of high school with a degree in english from a 2 year Junior College

Perfectly plausible since I have 2 ex girlfriends who graduated high school late 16 years and early 17.

They were better spoken and written than many much older that I have met.

Their reading lists included Bronte, Swift, Melville and Byron, Auden, Cummings, Kipling,

Robert Lowell and many other modern writers of both verse, prose and commentary

They were fully qualified to to ESL anywhere on earth at age 20.

I have seen women of many different nationalities, so drunk they had no idea where they were,

or why, and how much clothes they had left on. One took off her shirt to wipe her own puke off

her pants and then forgot about the shirt.

Thai girls get blotto too, no question, the real issue is not a woman getting insensible with drink,

but that this should be seen by any men as license to rape or as some form of consent to sex is

what is truly the sickness in the societies involved.

Drinking happens, and sometimes it goes out of control,

but rape is an abomination and a symptom of stupidity,

bad rearing, and misogyny run amok and there should be ZERO tolerance.

No second chances no excusing them for any reason.

Some people can handle drink normally most of the time,

but emotional issues can make them go towards a physiological tipping point with

the alcohol in their system, and after that they just lose it. I suspect the 2 or more

rejections by local schools for her teaching because of her thick accent might

have caused such an emotional low that she crossed her alcohol level tipping point.

But that is NO excuse for a gang rape. Full stop, angry exclamation point !

There IS NO EXCUSE, this is one of those proper metaphorical 'hang'm high' moments.

These scumbags need serious jail time.

Yes, there is no excuse for a gang rape, but both the man and the woman made it more likely to happen by being drunk. Being drunk always opens you to dangers, e.g. theft, accidental injury, loss of belongings, and any adult should know that, therefore you bear some responsibility for what happens to you when drunk.

Regardless of it's imprudence, drunkenness is still not a VALID reason for gang rape. Edited by animatic

I remember this young woman(Aussie) in Ko Phangan in 2005, She was publicly, physically fondling my chest and grinding on my groin with her naked bottoms. The so called BF was incapable of pulling her off me. My crime was I was shirtless in a beach bar at 2 am, and very well black and heavily muscled.

I did count up 10 such assaults that night.

In Thailand, for you to make a sound judgment of any story, you have to come down your moral high horse and get the facts right from the beginning till the end and from both parties and onlookers.

Its not just the young tourist types even the hiso thai chinese types gets roaring pissed and might cry mighty when they get themselves in trouble.

I have seen young western women fight over those skinny dark local you see in beach towns across tHAILAND,

If those 4 actually raped her against her will, Im in support of their penile mutilation.

I can't believe some of the comments on here....rape is rape. It doesn't matter how drunk (or not drunk) you are. No one deserves something like this. Pretty bad of her "friend" to leave her like that, especially in that condition. Enough of the victim-blaming. It's 2013 already. I don't care if this girl was high on drugs and flashing herself...there is.no excuse to rape someone. Hopefully they catch the perpetrators.

• Like 2

I can't believe some of the comments on here....rape is rape. It doesn't matter how drunk (or not drunk) you are. No one deserves something like this. Pretty bad of her "friend" to leave her like that, especially in that condition. Enough of the victim-blaming. It's 2013 already. I don't care if this girl was high on drugs and flashing herself...there is.no excuse to rape someone. Hopefully they catch the perpetrators.

nothing will happen to them if they are sons of police officers like the scumin phuket and Chalerm sons

You are missing my point. It winds me up hearing people say things like "why doesn't get a girlfriend in his own country".

Yes I agree that younger guys are frequenting red-light areas, but for you to assume that they visit Thailand because as YOU said ""seem to be to lazy to get a Falang lady into Sexual activities in there home country." is absurd.

I've worked all across Asia and lived in a number of countries where their has always been a stereotype of young guys in that country, made of course by the over 50's who have lived there longer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it people like YOU who cannot get a farang lady in your won country? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and all that.

"seem to be to lazy to get a Falang lady into Sexual activities in there home country."

Why is that absurd?

I was young, normal built, not bad looking and had a good status in my community-nice business, money, sports car.

I had no idea, to go to nearby Hungary and Slovakia to get Sex easy (Many went there,behind the "iron curtain" for Sex and amour,

(mostly more aged guys, but also young ones)

I had already, a busy calender regarding GFs in my home country Austria,

only, 25 km from Hungary-Sopron and 60 km from Slovakia-Bratislava in the late 70is,beginning 80is.

I did not fly to Thailand until 1990, with 30 years young for the first time and had running relationships in Austria same time!

So, I say, just that,

I see many young men, early 20is who come to SEAsia for extended periods of time for easy sex,

that was not the case in the 80is and 90is in such numbers.

In 1990, i was one of the younger guys with my friends with 30 at the bars in Patong.

Nowadays you are not really young any more with 30 in Patongs Bars and Discos.

So, I say,

if you looked 1990 not so Super any more in the red light districts with your physical appearance, it was not so bad.

Today with so much very young folks around, its a different story.

Much more Tourists now around and also at a much younger, -average age- than 1990.

If you are not so handsome, not so young today, your possibilities are more limited.

But, that has absolutely nothing to do, if I could still have "enough" Sexual adventures in my home country.

"Correct me if I'm wrong..." you write

I correct you, I would have No Problem at all to have women in my home country but sure not at that ages and at that prices same in SEAsia.

That was similar to my younger days, behind the iron curtain.

But its nicer in Asia, nearly, everything, so I am here. tongue.png

After 13 years here, I always had this sense that tourists were more or less off limits to criminals to commit crimes upon, as it would impact tourism and hurt the country overall. So there was an understanding between the police and the bad people. After reading reports like this one on an ongoing basis here, apparently that implied agreement is no longer in force....

Wishful thinking,IMO most crimes go unreported,or not followed up by Police,so as to protect the Countries Tourism Reputation.

Here a TRUE and fitting story to that matter, from raped by four man, "Cheryl Araujo" Raped at 21, young, dead with 25 !

Story and Plot, which was made to a Hollywood movie with -Jodi Foster- which earned her an Hollywood "OSCAR".

http://en.wikipedia....i/Cheryl_Araujo

"Cheryl Ann Araujo (1961–1986) was an Americanrape survivor whose case became national news, and was the basis of the 1988 film The Accused. Araujo was gang-raped in 1983 at age 21 by four men on a pool table in a tavern while other patrons watched but did not intervene. During the prosecution, the defendants' attorneys cross-examined Araujo to such an extent that the case became widely seen as a template for "blaming the victim" in rape cases. The case also raised tensions between the Portuguese-American community and other ethnic groups in New Bedford, as the defendants were Portuguese immigrants. Her case was widely known as the "Big Dan's rape" after the name of the bar in which the attack occurred.

http://en.wikipedia....used_(1988_film)

She had been publicly identified, and regardless of sympathies she was a

notorious face, and left, not wanting to always be seen as 'the gang rape victim lady'.

What made me thinking and sorry, that I realized now her fate. sad.png

"shortly after the trial, she moved to Miami along with her two daughters and their father—Araujo's high school sweetheart—to find anonymity. Araujo had entered school to become a secretary, was making a life for herself and had found some measure of happiness.

On December 14, 1986, she lost control of her car while taking her daughters to a Christmas show and struck a utility pole. The girls were injured, but survived.

Araujo, however, died in the crash. She was 25 years old.[5]

There is nothing wrong with being old and bald, it's the tatooed, simmet wearing, facial haired, or dare I say it, being vastly overweight, who should stay in their hotels.

Why? blink.png

My three Thai - Austrian boys, 11, 8, 5 years young, living with me, ask me that now,

after I told them. that, I cannot go from

Udon Thani - Chayaphum, to make a beach holiday with my offspring, as -possum1931- wrote,

"Overweight people" shall not leave the Hotel.

When I can not leave the Hotel,

as I am, not tattooed, think, I not wear a "simmet"?, have no facial hear, but I am, -sure overweight,

I not travel to the beach from Isaan with my boys!

They are now sorry -possum1931- and want an answer from you,

why their father and provider shall not leave the Hotel?

Maybe has to stay now also inside the Isaan house and not drive shopping, go inside the LOTUS markets,

to buy the necessary things for the family.

No, visits at the Movie Centers to!?

whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

There is nothing wrong with being old and bald, it's the tatooed, simmet wearing, facial haired, or dare I say it, being vastly overweight, who should stay in their hotels.

Why? blink.png

My three Thai - Austrian boys, 11, 8, 5 years young, living with me, ask me that now, after I told them I cannot go from Udon Thani - Cahayaphum, to make a beach holiday with them, as -possum1931- wrote, "Overweight people" shall not leave the Hotel.

When I can not leave the Hotel, I not travel to the beach from Isaan with my boys!

They are now sorry -possum1931- and want an answer from you, why their father and provider shall not leave the Hotel. whistling.gif

Sorry Alfredo, I was only carrying on the joke from another poster who said something about not leaving the hotel. I didn't mean any offence.
  • Like 1