Thai Men Assault Drunk Scottish Teacher In Nakhon

Lite Beer

Getting legless in Glasgow is very different from getting legless here. She's now learnt that - but a little late. The boyfriend should certainly have stayed with her.

I hope they find the scum who did this but expectation is low.

When I lived in Glasgow, getting legless was a risky business if alone (for man or woman).

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with being old and bald, it's the tatooed, simmet wearing, facial haired, or dare I say it, being vastly overweight, who should stay in their hotels.

Why? blink.png

My three Thai - Austrian boys, 11, 8, 5 years young, living with me, ask me that now,

after I told them. that, I cannot go from

Udon Thani - Chayaphum, to make a beach holiday with my offspring, as -possum1931- wrote,

"Overweight people" shall not leave the Hotel.

When I can not leave the Hotel,

as I am, not tattooed, think, I not wear a "simmet"?, have no facial hear, but I am, -sure overweight,

I not travel to the beach from Isaan with my boys!

They are now sorry -possum1931- and want an answer from you,

why their father and provider shall not leave the Hotel?

Maybe has to stay now also inside the Isaan house and not drive shopping, go inside the LOTUS markets,

to buy the necessary things for the family.

No, visits at the Movie Centers to!?

whistling.gif

Are there 2 topics running in the same thread here !!!

I am the only one that questions if her side of the story...

You most probably are.

No he is not...

There was a similar case in Phuket, with an Australian girl involved. Again, 'left alone' by her BF..

Turns out she made the whole thing up !!

Just because it's in print, doesn't make it a fact.

The Aussi one! Security cameras, revealed her lies fast and she could not provide sperm samples. tongue.png

I am the only one that questions if her side of the story...

You most probably are.

No he is not...

There was a similar case in Phuket, with an Australian girl involved. Again, 'left alone' by her BF..

Turns out she made the whole thing up !!

Just because it's in print, doesn't make it a fact.

The Aussi one! Security cameras, revealed her lies fast and she could not provide sperm samples. tongue.png

Provide sperm samples !!!! Are you ok ?

I'm pretty sure rape victims are not required to provide sperm samples to prove they were raped.

Someone should tell the government. This is what is really bad for Thailand's image. This kind of thing is what foreigners care more about. A lack of safety.

All true.

But the unsaid truth is that they are safer here in Thailand than where they come from in many cases. Here it is front page news where they come from it is relegated to the back pages it is so common.

I supose we should be glad it is so uncommon here it gives a chance to take cheap swings at Thailand.

I cannot dazzle you with statistics but having been a regular reader of events reported in TV and some other Thai papers over the last few years I'd say there has been hundreds of rapes of foreign women throughout Thailand. Furthermore many of the raped girls have been murdered afterwards.

I very interested, as I did the same thing than you,

"been a regular reader of events reported in TV and some other Thai papers over the last few years"

even, 15 years!

but did not come to your conclusion!

LINKS please, Hundreds of cases!

Hundreds of falang women rape cases? "Many" have been murdered afterwards. Sounds "exaggerated" for me.rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

I have seen women of many different nationalities, so drunk they had no idea where they were,

or why, and how much clothes they had left on. One took off her shirt to wipe her own puke off

her pants and then forgot about the shirt.

Thai girls get blotto too, no question, the real issue is not a woman getting insensible with drink,

but that this should be seen by any men as license to rape or as some form of consent to sex is

what is truly the sickness in the societies involved.

Drinking happens, and sometimes it goes out of control,

but rape is an abomination and a symptom of stupidity,

bad rearing, and misogyny run amok and there should be ZERO tolerance.

No second chances no excusing them for any reason.

Some people can handle drink normally most of the time,

but emotional issues can make them go towards a physiological tipping point with

the alcohol in their system, and after that they just lose it. I suspect the 2 or more

rejections by local schools for her teaching because of her thick accent might

have caused such an emotional low that she crossed her alcohol level tipping point.

But that is NO excuse for a gang rape. Full stop, angry exclamation point !

There IS NO EXCUSE, this is one of those proper metaphorical 'hang'm high' moments.

These scumbags need serious jail time.

Yes, there is no excuse for a gang rape, but both the man and the woman made it more likely to happen by being drunk. Being drunk always opens you to dangers, e.g. theft, accidental injury, loss of belongings, and any adult should know that, therefore you bear some responsibility for what happens to you when drunk.

Good comment. The outcome wold be no different in Scotland or Thailand. A sorry reflection on society.

But the boyfriend??

My wife just asked me 'is it normal for Farang girls to get that drunk'...

Enough said !

Let me guess. You left your country because you were tired of rejection from farang girls, and now you're on a mission to get revenge by posting unfounded, unintelligent comments insinuating they are the scum of the earth! How's that working for ya?

Read the post... My wife said !! Not I said...

She was asking a very innocent question. She was not condoning rape of drunk girls.

Don't make assumptions about me because you read into something what you want to read..

I'm on no mission pal and I don't need to justify why I am here. On the same note, my wife doesn't need to justify being bought up to be sensible when out or the fact that she questions people's actions.

How's that working for you ??

@ Alfredo, why do you think it's appropiate to put stupid smiley faces to go with your equally stupid comments on a thread that is dealing with a rather serious event ?

And why do you think it is appropriate to question another poster's style on a thread that is dealing with a rather serious event? Are you now in charge of how people can and cannot post? What they can say or cannot say? What smilies they can use or not . . .

You are the judge on what is a stupid comment and what isn't?

I see you haven't addressed the issue at hand with your post . . . shall I now rebuke you for this?

Back to the topic - I don;t think anyone in their right mind would either blame the girl or minimise the crime here. The point that several are making is that getting legless is generally a bad idea because it makes it so much easier for scum to do what these guys did.

• Like 2

@ Alfredo, why do you think it's appropiate to put stupid smiley faces to go with your equally stupid comments on a thread that is dealing with a rather serious event ?

And why do you think it is appropriate to question another poster's style on a thread that is dealing with a rather serious event? Are you now in charge of how people can and cannot post? What they can say or cannot say? What smilies they can use or not . . .

You are the judge on what is a stupid comment and what isn't?

I see you haven't addressed the issue at hand with your post . . . shall I now rebuke you for this?

Back to the topic - I don;t think anyone in their right mind would either blame the girl or minimise the crime here. The point that several are making is that getting legless is generally a bad idea because it makes it so much easier for scum to do what these guys did.

You can fill yer boots with all your rebukes as i did with my comment, not much to add to the topic and actually agree with yours, but surely smileys are a bit out of place here.

[

I'm pretty sure rape victims are not required to provide sperm samples to prove they were raped.

Are you ok?

You questioned the young Scotland woman's accusations, also they found sperm in, on her!

Not me!

And, yes as far as I read there are sperm samples in that case.

The Phukets Australiens brats case is a complete other level!

Just a farce!

1. Who decides about -stupidity-? You? Sure?

2. Nobody is deceased here, its a pending case and posting an emoticon is sure less embarrassing, for that "rather serious event" as you write,

than, when some posters question, if the drunk women not "challenged" the rape,

even some (two) question if that rape happened at all!

But that does not concern you. Na? Read that thread.

3.You can report me, that would be the "Normal way" to act and not confront people you do not know at all,

as a kind of anonymous Internet rowdy.bah.gif Thanks.

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

Some posts have been removed, and members warned.

I understand that this is a heated topic for some of you, however please debate the topic, not abuse the member.

As abuse or flaming of other members, would be in breach of the following Thaivisa rules:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

• Like 1

No woman asks to be gang raped especially in a country that has a high aids ratio.

If she is now HIV+ what would the charges be?

They were quick enough to arrest and imprison a German man who had infected a few Thais (he didn't rape any of them).

Difficult to prove when the HIV was contracted ... how to prove beyond reasonable doubt it was these rapists ? The fact that they have HIV is not proof that she didnt have HIV before

[

Are you ok?

You questioned the young Scotland woman's accusations, also they found sperm in, on her!

Not me!

Just a farce!

I think some people have

[

Are you ok?

Not me!

Just a farce!

Yup, I question a lot of things that I see and hear and read.

It is what makes us an intelligent species.

Some people however are just sheep and swallow any #$%^ they are fed. (Not saying her story is but reporting in any country can sometimes leave out important facts to sell stories)

Only you can decide what you are, time for a smiley :)

• Like 1

[

Are you ok?

Not me!

Just a farce!

@cornishcarlos - Police and hospitals have little things called rape kits. These kits contain a number of items for obtaining and storing evidence. Paper bags for sealing her clothing (all clothing) swabs and everything required to undergo an external/internal examination and store DNA and possible sperm samples. All victims are required/requested to undergo a full examination however they are not compelled. It is extremely important to the investigation that a victim submits to an examination however traumatic it may be. Especially if the suspects are not known to the victim as it seems in this case.
  • Like 2

Foreigners in Thailand, either residents and tourists, have to stay put, same level of attention as you would heve in countries such Mexico, Brazil, Kenya and so on..

I do not understand why there is this (wrong) assumption that here you can unleash yourself and be naive and nothing will happen...why ? Because of their (false) smiles ?

And remember in a country where sex, booze and other amusements are "cheap" even life and justice are cheap !

[

Are you ok?

Not me!

Just a farce!

@cornishcarlos - Police and hospitals have little things called rape kits. These kits contain a number of items for obtaining and storing evidence. Paper bags for sealing her clothing (all clothing) swabs and everything required to undergo an external/internal examination and store DNA and possible sperm samples. All victims are required/requested to undergo a full examination however they are not compelled. It is extremely important to the investigation that a victim submits to an examination however traumatic it may be. Especially if the suspects are not known to the victim as it seems in this case.

I know what forensics are..

Rape victims however, are not reqd to produce sperm samples to prove they were raped.

Some rapists wear condoms !!

Plus you say "all victims are required/requested to, but they are not compelled".. Make up your mind, are they required to or not compelled...

This thread is getting boring now....

Believe what you want but don't trash talk others who don't believe the same.

Until the actual facts are known this speculation will go on and on and on...

[

Are you ok?

Not me!

Just a farce!

Rape victims however, are not reqd to produce sperm samples to prove they were raped.

Plus you say "all victims are required/requested to, but they are not compelled".. Make up your mind, are they required to or not compelled...

I'm sorry I was speaking as a copper. In order to gather all possible evidence the victim is required to undergo a medical examination internal/external. Police and medical staff will state "I/we require you to undergo a medical examination". The victim is not compelled to undergo this examination but if he/she refuses vital evidence will be lost. Every single contact leaves a trace.

Yes I am well aware that some rapists wear a condom and Some condoms break.

Have you ever asked a rape victim if her rapist was wearing a condom? You will get a mouth full of abuse with every foul word known to man and you will only be adding to her emotional trauma. "I just just F#*^ing raped you F'n C#^% do you think I asked if he was wearing an F'n condom"

A medical examination will also reveal if he was wearing a condom, as a condom leaves a trace and in most cases you will not know this unless the examination is done.

Did you know also that when police investigate the intial crime scene and the outer crime scene of rapes that they actually search for condoms. (Initial is where the crime occured and outer can be any given size outside the intial scene) Any condom found in these two areas will be collected and crossed checked with the victims DNA and then if there is a match you have possible offender DNA inside.

If you believe this is trash talk as you say then that is your right.

/rɪˈkwaɪər/ Show Spelled

• Like 2

The PATTAYADAILYNEWS obviously couldn't resist the temptation to publish the victim's name in full while keeping the culprits anonymous.

It's not just the English papers. The Thai media will usually post up full on details and photos if the person is not a minor.

For example, in this case, the proper spelling of the victim's name is not the misspelling of the OP.

The victim was identified as Ms. Amanda Napolee, age 20,

It's actually Amanda Napoli. This is learned because the Thai paper Daily News published her photo ID (with name, of course) that is her student ID with the University of the Highlands.

Good 'ol Thailand. Publish the name and picture of the victim. Maybe an address in tomorrow's edition. If the victim happens to "disappear" so to does the case. No matter whether they are farang, burmese or cambodian, compared to a Thai they are treated like dogs.

Edited by Time Traveller

If her application for employment as a teacher in the local school is now seen in a more positive aspect (light)? whistling.gif

Sorry, to say that. But I guess her teaching carrier is herewith over. What goes around, comes around. There're certain things a "teacher" male, or female shouldn't do.--wai2.gif .

• Like 1

If her application for employment as a teacher in the local school is now seen in a more positive aspect (light)? whistling.gif

Sorry, to say that. But I guess her teaching carrier is herewith over. What goes around, comes around. There're certain things a "teacher" male, or female shouldn't do.--wai2.gif .

Like, for a female be raped? Yes she shouldn't have done thatwai2.gif
  • Like 1

[

Are you ok?

Not me!

Just a farce!

"Some Rapists wear condoms"

So you are saying that there is no requirement for a medical examination. How does a victim know if the attacker that has bashed her and knocked her out was wearing a condom.

Your theory lets not waste time with a full investigation. Are you for real?????

I really can't respond to your stupidity. This poor girl was gang raped, but the offenders may have had condoms so don't investigate.

• Like 2

Wow, this thread has brought it all out. From the "men" who think that women deserve to be raped if they get drunk (and yes I use that term lightly here) to the bickering over forensic procedure as if everyone is a CSI and with little regard for the victim.

I'd like to think I am stunned but sadly, I am not.

aS A MAN WOMEN DEFINATELY DO NOT DESERVE TO BE RAPED. I agree so many are defending the guys that did this act against the poor girl and some are basically saying that it should not be investigated. Misogynists.....

Terrible headline too! "Thai men assault drunk scottish teacher"

Wether she was drunk or not has no bearing to the headline, more of something to mention in the story( she had been out drinking with her boyfriend that night) Also as far as i am aware "Assault" it to hit or handle somebody. "Sexual assault" obviously to touch somebody inappropriately. This is quite clearly rape!!

...like being raped?!

Another insensitive comment.

Shame on you!

• Like 1

Wow, this thread has brought it all out. From the "men" who think that women deserve to be raped if they get drunk (and yes I use that term lightly here) to the bickering over forensic procedure as if everyone is a CSI and with little regard for the victim.

aS A MAN WOMEN DEFINATELY DO NOT DESERVE TO BE RAPED. I agree so many are defending the guys that did this act against the poor girl and some are basically saying that it should not be investigated. Misogynists.....

I can't see one person on here defending the 'alleged' rapists.

Also don't think anyone has said that drunk women deserve to be raped, or sober women.

Plus no one that I can see, has said that it should not be investigated.

I can see lots of people reading into posts what they want to read.

Also, the 'alleged' attackers have already been found guilty and sentenced by the TV jury.

But that is the way it goes on here...

I can't see one person on here defending the 'alleged' rapists.

Also don't think anyone has said that drunk women deserve to be raped, or sober women.

Plus no one that I can see, has said that it should not be investigated.

I can see lots of people reading into posts what they want to read.

Also, the 'alleged' attackers have already been found guilty and sentenced by the TV jury.

But that is the way it goes on here...

I am glad they got them, just hope they don't bail them.