Missing British Thailand Traveller Tom Armstrong Found Safe And Well

webfact

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the whole problem, the boy didnt need to be found.He wasnt missing, in his selfish brain anyway. A simple phone call or email and no international man hunt needed.

Imho, tobacco smokers are much more addicts than pot smokers.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

"IMHO" you say?

Actually, rather than opinion that's what's known as an objective fact.

By the way, I think you've messed up using the quote function: you've made it look like I said the dumb thing that someone else did.

It's "my opinion" yes and I think you and I are on the same page with this. As for the quote function, TVF seems to be having all sorts of issues recently with quotes. I quoted your post with a quoted post inside it and that is how it came out.

Imho, tobacco smokers are much more addicts than pot smokers.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

"IMHO" you say?

Actually, rather than opinion that's what's known as an objective fact.

By the way, I think you've messed up using the quote function: you've made it look like I said the dumb thing that someone else did.

It's "my opinion" yes and I think you and I are on the same page with this. As for the quote function, TVF seems to be having all sorts of issues recently with quotes. I quoted your post with a quoted post inside it and that is how it came out.

There is also an issue with iPad on TVF. It is not refreshing properly today.

• 3 weeks later...

So he wasn't lost in Thailand he just had failed to phone home and inform his parents of his change of plans?

Pretty inconsiderate but hardly news worthy for the BBC me thinks.

But they have only just found out it was not news worthy! Meanwhile everyone was conducting a manhunt.

ime="1361240367">

There seems to be an undercurrent of controling attitude about the father.

He has a 21 year old adult son, who doesn't do what he is told and goes into

an international panic and flies to Thailand in search of his prodigal.

I get the sense the kid purposely, ignored the home front to get a long over due break from them.

Never imagining daddy dearest would go multi-national panic button.

When he's lost control of little boy blue, daddy blows his horn long and loud.

Thinking to publicly shame the lad back under his thumb.

I think son found his first taste of real freedom in his whole life,

and just couldn't face getting back home, and return to the unwanted gaunlet of daddy's plans for his life.

That explains the obviously intentional lack of contacts to home and the rather fast panic button hit.

Just my 2 cents, but it fits the facts as pre

sented IMHO.

I think that's a completely unfair assessment of the situation, and does not fit in with the facts does it. The guy emailed his parents on Jan 6 saying he was flying home on Jan 9. So there you are as the father, go to pick your son up from the airport.....no show...<deleted>! What do you mean he never boarded the aircraft...he said he was flying back on this flight. Wait several nerve racking days and nothing, you call the embassy, call the Thai police...nothing. Is it really an over controlling Father that then hits the panic button, or someone who cares for the welfare of their now missing son? I am sometimes amazed as to how peoples perceptions of a situation can be so far apart when it's the same information available.

Whatever, obviously there are definite issues between them, or the dolt would have sent a follow up email.

They would have sent emails and he would have seen them, he had the money for internet cafe's, he ignored them. He obviously did not want contact. But also he did not think they would go beserker either.

I think he had a pussy good time and screw the world till the money runs out!!!