Exoticpits

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I Once bought two cans of Cheers from 7/11.

No way am I drinking the 2nd can. Perhaps it would suit someone with a taste for American/Mexican beers. Its still in my fridge, free to a good home.

...dam_n,I have never tried that one...is it any good?!...but I don't want yours laugh.png

CHANG rocks great beer great taste but I understand those that bash it because its just too strong for you

.....some people just have a higher tolerance(and taste cheesy.gif ) for the skanky flavors and punch-lines of a bev brewed with Formaldehyde! sick.gif

CHANG rocks great beer great taste but I understand those that bash it because its just too strong for you

.....some people just have a higher tolerance(and taste cheesy.gif ) for the skanky flavors and punch-lines of a bev brewed with Formaldehyde! sick.gif

Formaldehyde

Complete BULLSHIT no beer contains that its just a rumor that idiots spread :)

I like smoking more than drinking that's why.. Plus I eat a lot of my special brownies.

.....dude, the weed in Thailand is so bad that the only thing to do with it is make "brownies"!

bad weed, bad beer, over priced wine.....what the hell am I living here for?.......unsure.png

• Like 2

Yo- Calling Loy Kroh..... Formaldehyde has been known to be added to alcoholic beverages because it was VERY cheap compared to the ethanol and apparently the taste isn't all that different from regular fermented beverages. Sometimes it tastes OK, other times the finish is really "dirty".

The brew-master from the now-defunct German Brewery told me that this "klong-water"(Chang) is brewed in BKK and trucked all over Thailand,left out in the sun all day. According to him, the changes in temperature change the beers flavour if there's no added preservative.

Apparently Chinese beer producers still permit formaldehyde in mashing:

Chinese brewery giant Tsingtao has confirmed the safety of its product, saying the per-liter formaldehyde content of its product is much lower than the standard set by the World Heath Organization (WHO).

.....do Thai breweries???

As far as the lugg-nut notion of Chang being a "Man's Beer" - "I think (Chang) too has the old formaldehyde "get pissed quick" chemical in it, which often results in a righteous hangover." I think experiencing is a stronger beer than they can handle, getting them drunker than they’re accustomed to, and not surprisingly giving them a whopping hangover.

.....nothing quite equals the idiocy of beer-bar science burp.gif

• Like 2