George Bush Interview

Roger13

Great book, good film too,

Georgie Boy, you can't judge a man from his spelling and grammar mate, it is well know that even university graduates are terrible spellers, they tend to concentrate on the matter at hand rather than the symantecs. plus I don't think you are pushing his buttons with that line, you need to think another tack.

Basher

Sorry Basher, but this time I mostly disagree.

You are right about some people being clever, but not being able to express themselves very well, but they are usually clever enough to keep a complete lack of basic educational skills to themselves, not broadcast it all over the Internet.

Also, this guy is trying to tell us how the world is really run, and trying to insinuate that because he was in Special Forces, 10 years ago, he knows more than reporters who have daily access to the Politicians and Generals who are running the war: Hey, Don't read anything, just listen to this nut on the Internet! He knows it all!

I know how it is being brain-washed by an Elite Unit into thinking you are special because you are part of it, but apparently the g-man is such a pathetic ###### that be bought the whole act.

I don't want to burst his bubble, but, I looked for information on the Australian SAS. Most people thought that they are a good Unit, but the only people that I could find who claimed they were among the best, were a couple of drunken Aussies on some Internet chatroom.

The British SAS sure, and the SBS are up there with Israeli Special Forces, some Canadian Unit that I had never heard of, Delta Force, the Navy Seals and Marine Corps Force Recon, but most experts said that the "best" unit would very much depend on the type of mission that was being undertaken.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

Frankly, I don't see how one can know for sure, who is the "best" unless they fight it out -to the death- with similar weapons. How likely do you think that that is likely to happen?

Until it does, the "gent" is just one more aszhole with an opinion. Every aszhole has one.

the "gent" is just one more aszhole with an opinion. Every aszhole has one.

So the "Gentleman/Georgie-Porgie" war is not over yet ?

Get over, Gentlemen, get over.

As far as I am concerned I think that the best elite troupe is French: la Comédie Française.

How come that the American Green berets have chosen to wear a French hat ? Just wondering.

How come that the American Green berets have chosen to wear a French hat ? Just wondering.

I'm glad that you asked that.

Actually, at one time, The Green Berets were considered -at least by the public- to be America's most elite unit. At that time, the boys usually wore soft, floppy "boony" hats on operations.

During the Vietnam War, The Green Berets were rapidly expanded, eventually leading to sub-standard recruits and soldiers. Their combat performance slipped tremendously.

President Nixon was so disgusted by the troops down-fall, that he passed a bill declaring that from that day forward, they would constantly have to wear French Berets, to shame them, to remind them of their fall, so that it would never happen again.

It worked, they recovered their reputations, and have never forgotten the dark days of the Vietnam conflict. To this day, Green Berets who happen to stumble into gay bars, in uniform, are instantly offered free drinks, drugs and "favors" by the patrons, because of their cute little French Berets:)They are never allowed to forget.

To this day, Green Berets who happen to stumble into bars, in uniform, are instantly offered free drinks, drugs and "favors" by the patrons, because of their cute little French Berets:)

The least I can say is that the patrons you are talking about have good taste. They could be French. :o

remember he is an American Officer, who love the USA - he is stating his opinion, with time served in the region he his talking about.

A bit like the Major assigned to represent one of the two Ozzies incarcerated in Guantannamo Bay, who said they can't get a fair trial under the present process, and it would be much better for all concerned (including the USA), if they were sent home to their own countries to face trail for any supposed "crimes". (See papers yesterday (Mon 17) for more details. G-P will sadly miss this revelation, as I can't be bothered to search it out any more than he can be bothered to read around subjects and news sources. :o

Adjan, by the way, you're in good company about considering GWB Jr's stance on the environment (climate change esp), even more worrying than his War in Iraq, as so does the Uk's chief scientist (Dr david Smith), as recently reported in The Times (Murdoch's rag!) of London. Now that source can't be ignored, as much as the GWB patriot's would love to. :D:D:D

remember he is an American Officer, who love the USA - he is stating his opinion, with time served in the region he his talking about.

A bit like the Major assigned to represent one of the two Ozzies incarcerated in Guantannamo Bay, who said they can't get a fair trial under the present process, and it would be much better for all concerned (including the USA), if they were sent home to their own countries to face trail for any supposed "crimes". (See papers yesterday (Mon 17) for more details. G-P will sadly miss this revelation, as I can't be bothered to search it out any more than he can be bothered to read around subjects and news sources. :o

Adjan, by the way, you're in good company about considering GWB Jr's stance on the environment (climate change esp), even more worrying than his War in Iraq, as so does the Uk's chief scientist (Dr david Smith), as recently reported in The Times (Murdoch's rag!) of London. Now that source can't be ignored, as much as the GWB patriot's would love to. :D:D:D

G-P will sadly miss this revelation, as I can't be bothered to search it out any more than he can be bothered to read around subjects and news sources. 

I'm not really sure what "read around subjects and news sources" (search out different subjects and news sources?) means, but anyway, I couldn't find it in today's news round-ups of different newspapers from around the world.

As far as my reading habits go, you guys need to try to concentrate on calling me a "Nut", rather than trying to insinuate that I'm not well read. Anyone with half a brain who looks at the Bear-Pit everyday, knows that I'm not uninformed about the other point of view. I just don't buy it. :o